“Great location.”

US$68.03*
and up
Brentwood Bay Kayak Tour and Wine Tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: As Vancouver Island’s largest and most prolific winery, Church & State Wines Brentwood is a must-see for every visitor to the Victoria region. Pouring award-winning wines daily from both our Vancouver Island Estate and Okanagan Estate vineyards, Church & State is a unique experience just 15 minutes from Downtown. Join us for lunch from May to December in our bistro, featuring a fresh menu made from the finest local ingredients. Executive Chef Desiree Perrin creates unique dishes with the best of Vancouver Island and the surrounding Gulf Islands, each perfectly paired with Church & State’s award winning wines. Reservations for groups of 8 or more are required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
Cardiff, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great location.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Two visits here whilst holidaying on Vancouver Island. Successive Sundays.
I am concentrating on food rather than wine, as am mo expert nor a big drinker.
Food, on both occasions was very good, fresh ingredients & well presented.
Not the biggest choice on menu, but still varied enough to satisfy us.
Best of all is the location, sitting on a terrace in a lovely built wooden building, overlooking the vineyards. Possibly THE neatest vines I have ever seen!
Recommended.

1 Thank Paul K

Brisbane, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After leaving the Butchart Gardens, we thought we would head back to Victoria inland and not on the highway, stopped in at the Church and State Wines and did some wine tasting, the staff there were very helpful, we tried several wines, but they were too dry for me, but my hubby did purchase two bottles. Had a nice time chatting with the staff and a few people who were also doing wine tasting. Interesting place, would recommend to visitors and locals.

Visited August 2014
Victoria BC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was with a small group of local Victoria women spending a Saturday touring some of the Saanich Peninsula wineries. I have done lots of wine tastings in BC and also some in Australia and New Zealand so have a pretty good idea of what to expect. I was quite shocked to see that the tastings were $8 for four wines and it would be waived only if you bought 2 bottles of wine. For this price we expected some dialogue about the wines without needing to ask for it. The wine bar seemed to be short of staff with one of the staff members constantly answering the phone. I also felt the tasting staff were disorganized as we had 2 different servers so you didn't get much personal interaction. This was our most expensive stop on our tour of 5 wineries - the most we paid was $5 for tastings and all but one other location did not waive the tasting fee when a bottle was purchased (and it was a really small winery so I didn't mind). On a more positive side I will say their location is quite spectacular with a lovely outdoor patio to enjoy a meal - I just won't take any of our out-of-town guests there for a tasting.

3 Thank mazmel
Fremont, California
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Very nice wine and tasting room”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We really enjoyed tasting here. It is a very nice tasting room but more so, the staff was very friendly and fun to talk with. The wines were all very good. There is a bistro their which we didn't eat at but it looked very inviting. A very nice experience.

Andover, Massachusetts
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Nice wines and lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After visiting Butchart Gardens we stopped here to taste their wines and have lunch. The wine tasting is $8 to try 4 wines that you choose. The wine tasting bar area is large and attractive. Since we bought 2 bottles of wine, one of the tastings was free. After this we enjoyed lunch on the veranda overlooking the vineyards. I had lamb burger sliders with polenta fries which was very good and my husband had a veggie pizza that was good, but came a little too burnt. Lovely spot to enjoy the area.