“Great Patio and Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brentwood Pub

Brentwood Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Brentwood Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Patio and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

On the first day of summer we took the BC ferry from Mill bay to Brentwood , it takes about 20 minutes ( car plus four passengers $49.20) it was a hot sunny day and perfect for a drive with out of town visitors.
We decided to have lunch at the Bentwood Pub on the Patio, we really enjoyed ourselves , service was very good everyone enjoyed their meals, I have to say the Chowder was excellent and would go back for that for sure, I didn't think the Lamb burger was that good ( need to look at that dish ) Had a slice of my wife's Pizza very good and our two guests also enjoyed their meals. we would go back for sure. didn't have the Sushi but looked very good .

Victoria, Canada
“A Real West Coast Experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This pub is attached to the Seagrille Seafood and Sushi restaurant in the Brentwood Bay Hotel. The room is spacious and there is a large outdoor patio. The west coast decor features lots of wood and stone. An indoor fireplace and outdoor fir pit add to the ambiance. If weather permits, sit on the patio. It is sheltered under majestic Douglas Firs, and the view overlooks Brentwood Bay harbour, with its marina of small vessels bobbing in the green water. In the background are green, forested hills across the bay. The whole hotel exudes west coast charm. I could have just sat and enjoyed the view, but we were also hungry. We ordered appetizers: calamari, dry ribs, and edamame. All were good and the portions were plentiful for sharing. The edamame portion was particularly large, which I appreciated: edamame is a vegetarian healthy option only if you ignore the butter and salt. Hmmm. For entrées I differed from the crowd who stuck to fish and chips. Again portion sizes are good: each fish filet is 8 ounces. Their reports were also excellent for both the fish and the chips. I chose the seafood penne, which again was a good portion. The penny was served in a delicious tomato sauce and liberally studded with mussels and clams still in their shells and ready-to-eat shrimp. This is not gourmet fare, but it is delicious, well prepared, quality food produced in a one of the most beautiful and relaxing settings on planet earth. No, I am not exaggerating. The Brentwood Pub is now on my list of the best places to take out of town guests to give them a real west coast experience.

Blenheim, New Zealand
“Average at best with a premium price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

With high expectations my daughter and I travelled to the Brentwood Pub for a late Father's Day get together. We arrive at 3:00 in the afternoon and choose three appies, a local beer and a reasonably priced glass of wine. Total price with tip was $85. For the price the food was average at best. Oysters on the half shell seemed a day old and served on an in-determinant bed of lettuce. For the price they should have been served on ice and should taste fresh from the ocean. The calamari seemed to have sat under a warmer and were greasy. The cheese and cold cut plate was the best of the three but were poorly presented on the plate. Service was adequate but themselves had to be reminded about our drink re-order after a prolonged wait. When I presented my credit card for payment the server disappeared with my card which I do not like. Most upscale establishments are capable of processing the card at the table or invite you to the cash register for processing. On the upside, the patio is wonderful and the scenery terrific. There is a good selection of wine and beer but with premium prices. Would I go back? I don't think so which is a disappointment because we had such high expectations when we decided to go there for Father's Day. There are too many establishments in Victoria that offer a superior experience for the price.

Visited June 2014
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great waterfront location -- awesome patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wonderful location on the waterfront. The patio is busy during summer months but off peak times are best. The menu has a little of everything from local fish to sushi to great summer salads. The wine list is very decent with a good selection of BC wines.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Don't order the burger.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife liked the salad but my mother in law and I ordered a boring burger. I don't eat a lot of beef but wasn't very impressed.I honestly would say a burger at Burger King is just as good, Would expect more seeing as we spent 70.00 ( including tip) for 2 burgers and 1 salad. We only drank tap water or it would have been closer to 90.00.

• 1 of 5 bubbles