“Wished We Could Have Brought The Room With Us Everywhere!”

Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Reviewed 18 June 2008

We stayed at the Brentwood Bay Lodge for a few nights during our honeymoon on Vancouver Island. It is safe to say that it was our favourite place we stayed during our trip - we wished that we could bring the room with us to each of the stops on our journey!

We stayed in the Deluxe Room, which is a step-up from the normal room, but not as nice or as large as the one bedroom. The room was a good size, the bathroom was huge (with a 2 person jetted tub!) and everything was clean and in great condition. The room was also very quiet. Our balcony had a nice view and some good privacy, and we sat out on it every night. We also made nightly use of the fireplace.

During our stay we marvelled at how everything was thought of - there were little touches here and there that made our stay more comfortable and more special.

We ate at the resort's restaurant one evening and while the embiance was lovely, and the view was very nice, our service was slow and the food was not as great as the prices suggested. We didn't go to the pub, but we've heard that it is better than the restaurant. We also did not get a chance to use any of the spa services.

We will definately return to Brentwood Bay Lodge next time we're on the island. The deluxe room was fabulous, and depending on the occasion of our return, we may book the one bedroom because it looks like they have private hottubs.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vulpecula

Reviewed 9 June 2008

It was our second station of our honeymoon. We had an oceansuite room with a nice balcony. The bathroom is very nice, had a large shower and a hot tube. From the hot tube you have a view in the main room and to the main window front. We stayed only two nights.

The seaside grill is very good, and attentive. We had eaten salad for the starter and salmon for the main menu. Both of them were excellent.

On the second day we had a treatment, a couple massage of 80min., at the spa. This was incredible. The massage bench was comfortable as a bed. The light in the room was comfortable and a nice relaxing smell was in the air. With the relaxing music an hands from the masseuse, it was one of the recreative 80 min. we ever had (except recreative time of our own).

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2008

We stayed at the Lodge for five nights at the end of May for our honeymoon and we had a fantastic time. We were in a Deluxe room on the 2nd Floor and it was lovely: big bed, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, deck facing the harbor.

We put together two packages to make up our stay, so we had the Buchart Gardens tour, a spa credit and a dining credit. The boat taxi over to the Gardens was neat and they give you just about the right amount of time to enjoy that site. The couple's massage was very nice and the food was really good at the Sea Grille and the Pub (the fish tacos in the bar were fantastic!) The service was a bit slow in the Sea Grille, but that just left us more time to enjoy the sunset.

We liked being outside of Victoria, and it was only about a 1/2 hour drive to downtown, so we went into Victoria whenever we wanted, but it was always nice to drive back up to Brentwood Bay at the end of the day.

Also, we got complimentary continental breakfast delivered to our room almost every morning and enjoyed it on the deck overlooking the water, which was a great start to the day.

The front desk and all the staff were generally very friendly and helpful. My only small issue was that we checked in very late (1am b/c of flight issues) and the door was locked when we first got there with no one at the desk. Eventually a young man let us in and got us checked in, but he did not seem to have any knowledge about the details of our packages. The next morning we checked with the front desk again and they were able to answer all our questions.

Overall, it was a wonderful stay and we would definitely go back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweetBaboo
Reviewed 4 June 2008

I would like to take this opportunity to write about the Brentwood Bay and Lodge on Vancouver Island. My partner and I stayed there the weekend of May 31, 2008 to celebrate both our 3rd yr Anniversary and my Birthday. As a gay couple we are always looking for a good hotel to stay at where we are not judges for our preference and I would like to congratulate the Lodge on being on our list. When we arrived we were offered champagne and shown to our room by Brian one of the many fine managers. We were put in a ocean side room with a beautiful view of the water and magnificent sunsets. Our suite was well equipped with everything we could have wanted including a scale under the sink (lol) The 2 person Jacuzzi and stand up shower were awesome. After our tour of the room we unpacked and were told that as part of the package we bought we would be taken to Butchart Gardens in a little boat that offered and enclosed space with binoculars for the view on the way over. Our guide was Dave and on the way back was Matt. We enjoyed the private entrance to the gardens from the back and had about 3 hours there before Matt came to pick us up at our scheduled time. On the way back he took us down the inlet a little ways and explained a little about the area. In the evening we enjoyed the ambiance of the pub and all the excellent food that was offered. Saturday was just as fun filled with a day of Kayaking and lay zing around the pool. The heated pool and hot tub make for a great relaxer even on a dreary day. Our evening dinner was the topper for the evening as it was enjoyed on the patio of the Seagrille restaurant enjoying a spectacular sunset. Hats off to all the staff at the Brentwood Lodge for making us feel comfortable during or weekend getaway.

Brian Young
Vancouver BC

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VancouverTransitguy
Reviewed 1 April 2008

We just spent one night at the lodge and feel like we have been away for a week. Everything is just perfect, from the great linens which make you feel you don't want to get out of bed, to the fabulous soaker tub that fits 2 just so cozily.
The dining at the Seagrille was excellent, the sunoumo salad was a work of art and absolutely delicous. We have been coming to the lodge for years, generall we stay 2-3 nights and have to say that it is a great getaway to relax and rejuvenate, feel like you are far away on the westcoast somewhere and for me only 20 minutes from town. They pamper you every step of the way. Can't wait to stay there again.

I highly recommend staying here

See you next year.
Linda from Victoria

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynden1964
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Upon my arrival to the Brentwood Bay Lodge and Spa I was offered a glass of champagne or sparkling water. A nice touch. I was promptly shown to my room and shown how to work the fireplace, etc.. There were a couple of oatmeal raisin cookies waiting by the table by the fireplace, another nice touch. I chose a deluxe ocean view room. It was on the ground level with a view of the pathway and marina on the bay. I also had a small and fairly private patio with a table and two chairs. The bed was very comfortable. I really liked the jacuzzi tub, where you could look out into your room via a window which had tealights on the ledge. No pay per view movies, but a selection of DVD's at the front.
Complementary items:
I really appreciated the complementary items that were included with my stay: all calls within North America, internet access, lip balm and herbal tea bags delivered at night, the french press coffee in the room with real cream in the fridge, the nice spa toilletries, continental breakfast and nice bath robes.
Food:
I ordered room service for dinner one night and the food and service were very good. My friend and I had lunch at the pub and it was really good as well. The continental breakfast was really nice. The restaurant has large windows overlooking the pool and bay. The food was good as well. A selection of cereal, toast, bagels, croissants, fruit, ham, cheese. Staff served beverages after you were seated, coffee, tea, juice.
Spa
I was very happy with my spa treatments. They do have a serenity room, where you can relax before and after treatments, which includes a view of the pool and bay. Around seven or so really nice teas are offered as you lounge in the comfy chairs and enjoy the view.
Only complaint
My one and only complaint was that the fan of the heating system in my room was rather noisy. Had I been staying longer I would have asked to be moved, or have it fixed, but I did let the hotel know before I left.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Sandice
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Went to the Brentwood Bay Lodge for dinner and wish I could have stayed for the night - or at least to experience the Spa. This is a stunning new property, with great architecture mixing comfortable and urban style. More boutique hotel than a traditional lodge, it is impressive as soon as you enter the Lobby. We were so curious that we asked for a tour before sitting down for dinner. Every staff member we dealt with was great and we were given a wonderful tour of the property. All the rooms are basicaly suites, all with a spectacular views. The spa is to die for. As for our dinner, it was delicious. The service was attentive and the dining room very welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville
Long Beach Lodge Resort

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!