“Gorgeous Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Winnipeg, Canada
“Gorgeous Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My boyfriend and I were coming from out of town to celebrate Christmas with my family. We decided to stay at a hotel to give ourselves a break from all the holiday excitement. We originally booked our hotel for 3 nights, but after the first day, we asked if we could stay for another 3, so we wound up staying for 6 nights.

We couldn't possibly have chosen a better hotel. The front-desk staff at check-in were extremely friendly; we were walked to our room and explained the amenities that the hotel offered. The beds were very comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet (we were on the 3rd floor). The views were unreal. We enjoyed a glass of wine overlooking the Ocean with the gas fireplace on every single night we were there.

I treated myself to the spa, which was really great. The massage was the best I've ever had (and it should be...it was also the most expensive!). But the service was excellent, and I enjoyed a cup of tea in the lounger afterwards.

The Seagrille restaurant is amazing. We dined at both the restaurant and the pub. The portion sizes at the pub were very generous, and the wait staff were all fantastic. The restaurant had a good sized menu with lots of fresh seafood. We enjoyed some of the very best Sushi we've ever had (Sean is a genius!).

All in all, we stayed for 6 nights, and I won't ever stay anywhere else when I am visiting Victoria. The experience from the rooms, the staff, and dining - were all 10/10. I highly recommend this hotel/resort for a peaceful, beautiful getaway.

Thank you to all the staff at the Brentwood Bay Resort for making our stay so great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christina_liane
Natasha R, General Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
I am thrilled to ready about your wonderful experience with us over Christmas christina_liane! From myself and the team, especially our wonderful Sushi Chef, Sean, you are so welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future we hope!

All the best,
Natasha Richardson, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We came for a christmas getaway to be close to friends and get out of Vancouver. the rooms are very comfortable and the view is outstanding. We dining room and pub dining experiences were two thumbs up. The spa also great. the outdoor pool is heated to a perfect 82 degrees and this was the best start of our days. We had a private hot tub - which was an absolute treat. The service also exceptional. We would definitely recommend this spot and will come back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, GSA at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa for your Christmas getaway! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, the spectacular views, and all the amenities we have to offer. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again very soon!
Victoria B.C.
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Mrs. Coopershawk and I went to The Seagrille Seafood & Sushi restaurant in the Brentwood Bay Resort for an excellent Christmas Dinner last night! The meal was delicious, the service was superb and the setting was spectacular! You could order from the regular menu or have a fixed three course dinner. We both chose the Christmas Dinner...soup or salad, turkey and dessert...all excellent! We'll be back next year!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for joining us for Christmas Dinner Mr. and Mrs. Coopershawk! We were delighted to have you, and we are so glad you enjoyed our traditional Christmas Turkey! It has become a favourite tradition here in Brentwood Bay. See you next year!
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at this resort on our honeymoon, over 8 years ago. It was a dream! The room was beautiful, simple, and sophisticated. The view of the bay was wonderful as well. The complimentary breakfast was like none other. The menu options are limited, but we were there long enough to try everything, and it was all amazing. We would love to return someday. I highly recommend this one-of-a-kind resort.

Room Tip: Definitely reserve a 2nd or 3rd floor room to take advantage of the view of the bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sekaiser
We are delighted that you have such fond memories of your Honeymoon stay! We hope that you can return soon to see some of the exciting changes in the resort since then. All the best to you in Arkansas!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I love this place! I've been meaning to do this review for months but have only got around to it now. We've been to the Bay hotel twice, once 6 years ago and then again this year. My wife and I live in London, UK and visited Vancouver Island and the Bay hotel for the first time 6 years ago and loved it. Then fast forward 6 years later, we were in the Seattle area for a family wedding which coincided with my birthday. To mark the occasion we looked for a decent hotel preferably near water, with a spa in the PNW region. Everywhere we looked either in the Seattle area, Oregon or Vancouver didn't quite look like what we were looking for i.e. everything in those areas seems so dated unless you stay in glitzy city hotels, then you miss the ambience.
I suggested going back to the Bay hotel but my wife thought that after 6 years we'd go back and it wouldn't be as we had remembered it. How wrong we were. When we arrived back I was glad to see that the hotel had totally been cared for and looked as new and refurbished as it ever has done. It has exactly what I look for in a hotel: modern, clean, fresh, beautiful views. We flew by float plane from Seattle into Victoria - what an experience! Just to be sure we looked at the top hotels in Victoria and decided we had definitely made the right choice in the Bay hotel. We immediately settled in, used the excellent spa and the adjoining pub a few times.
The food can be pricey but it excellent, and if you want cheaper options go to the pub next door or there are plenty of other local options, either on foot or by car.
As for the area we had plenty of lovely walks along the water and around the neighbourhood. A previous viewer mentioned a trailer park nearby. I must admit I didn't remember this from 6 years ago so specifically went searching it out and couldn't find it. To me this is a beautiful neighbourhood, so much so a elderly couple saw us wandering the neighbourhood and invited us into their house to hear their stories and look through their photos. It was fascinating and trusting and about as far away from my London experience as you could possibly get.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pricimus2013
Thank you so much for returning to our resort & spa! We are so happy it was as good as the first time you came. We are very proud of our little paradise. We look forward to your next visit to Brentwood Bay! All the best!
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here for just one night and glad we didn't stay longer. The place was over priced and definitely not a four star. The people were mostly rude and service was horrible. Definitely skip this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hannah N
Natasha R, General Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
I am so sorry to read about your stay with Brentwood Bay Resort Hannah N. We receive such positive feedback from our guests, especially about our level of service and friendliness of our staff, so I am deeply disheartened to learn about your experience.

Please accept my apologies that we were not able to exceed your expectations.

I wish you all the best,

Natasha Richardson
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We spent two days at this deluxe property in August. We were trying to find a place away from the touristy elements of Victoria. We completely enjoyed this luxury resort. The views from the room alone were well worth it. We enjoyed kayaking in the bay, massages, and relaxing. The rooms are contemporary with lots of wood.

Room Tip: Facing the bay
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen L
MgrBrentwoodBay, Guest Experience Agent at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa for your get-away! We love to share our tranquil little corner of the Earth. The bay is very calm, and perfect for kayaking, canoeing, paddle-boarding, and scuba diving. Our views are unforgettable, and we hope to have you again in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Saanich
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 49 in Victoria
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!