My Husband and I chose this place hoping to find a resort we could relax and get away locally with nice views and a great location and this resort didn't fit either bill for us.
The location is, as other's have said, at the end of a residential road in a small community. There is no beach or walking area to speak of other than a small path along the bluff in front of people's houses. Honestly, I personally wouldn't feel all that comfortable walking around by myself anyway. There is a small area by the marina to launch a kayak and I understand the site is good for scuba diving as well.
The rooms are quite spacious and nicely decorated. We had booked a Deluxe Ocean Suite which is an upgrade from the regular Ocean Suite. The entrance to all the rooms is from outside rather than from an inside hallway. The beds were comfortable with soft linens and there is a small seating area by the fireplace. There were some nice small touches like the welcoming letter, cookies and the glass of sparkling wine/water at check-in. This would be great if we were planning on hanging out in the room a lot. Unfortunately we were hoping to spend a lot of time relaxing on our balcony which didn't happen.
The view from our room was very obscured by vegetation, the only spot on our balcony where we could even see the water was the far right hand side where we could see a small portion of the ferry dock and bay. We did however have a very clear view of the pool and them of us. Every move we made on the balcony was followed by the pool dwellers and we could hear their conversations clearly from the second floor, so if you dislike that as much as me ask for a room AWAY from the pool as far away as you can in fact, they probably have better views too.
The pool is small with a hot tub attached. Though the resort indicates on their website that it is a resort geared more towards adults wanting a tranquil atmosphere and those under 16 not recommended (which was attractive to us) but there was in fact a toddler running around the pool and a infant with their parent in the pool during our stay. I understand as a parent myself, sometimes you need to take your children with you on vacation, but perhaps somewhere more family friendly.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but did eat one night in the Pub. The service and food were mediocre, I would recommend eating off-site but you will have to drive to get anywhere. We found a nice local Pizza/Pasta place called Romeo's about 15 minutes away which had very good food and was a great deal. You want fancy, you will have to drive further afield.
We didn't partake in any of the spa services at all.
So all in all if you are looking for a nice room to come back to after kayaking, scuba diving, golfing or spending the day doing the touristy thing in near-by Victoria this may fit your bill.
However, if you are looking for a nice place with spectacular views and a private relaxing atmosphere, I would keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on pristine Brentwood Bay, in the heart of Victoria's wine country, minutes from Butchart Gardens and with easy access to Downtown Victoria and the Airport, this boutique hotel is a luxury resort with contemporary west coast flair. Each elegant OceanSuite features king size beds, spa-like bathrooms, romantic fireplaces and stunning ocean views. Simple, intimate and relaxing… indulge in a true state of bliss at our full-service spa and enjoy our on site dining while taking in the beautiful view. We’re not a million miles away, it just feels like it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brentwood Bay Hotel Brentwood Bay
- Brentwood Bay Resort And Spa
- Brentwood Bay Inn