I just sent a detailed email to the resort informing them of the rather rude and dismissive treatment we received around the checkout time and thought I may as well add in a review while I'm at it.
Everything had been fine with our stay until I got a call from front desk asking me if we needed a late checkout time as we were 37 min past 11am (i glanced at the clock then). I admit I wasnt aware that 11am was the checkout time but I had been packing when they called.
I wont get into every little detail but suffice it to say that: a 12 pm time was implemented on us without our say, housekeeping came at exactly 1159am(!) as we were doing the last check around for stuff, etc, and the key was invalid immediately and we couldnt even access the marina and cafe ramp from inside the resort as we wanted to go there for a coffee after we had put the bags in the vehicle.
I must add that I had been booked into a spa massage from 945-1045am and given the tea offering afterwards which I did drink in the spa seating room. I had only gotten back to the room at about 1120am.
I would never have booked the massage at that time had I known that I would be racing back up to quickly shower, change and pack within a 15 min timeframe!
I know I should have been more aware of the exact checkout time but- wow- not even a minute of wiggle room? and this after we had paid for extra spa services?
I also found it bizarre that the spa didnt even mention once that I had a checkout time staring me down the face- I was in a robe covered in oil afterwards- wouldn't they see the problem I may have been setting myself up for?
Within 22 minutes, we had THREE pushes out the door! Talk about feeling unwanted.
Unfortunately, the last taste of our stay left a bitterness and we won't be inclined to go back. Shameful- as it is a lovely resort with great surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on pristine Brentwood Bay, in the heart of Victoria's wine country, minutes from Butchart Gardens and with easy access to Downtown Victoria and the Airport, this boutique hotel is a 5-star luxury resort with contemporary west coast flair. Each elegant Ocean Suite features king beds, spa-like bathrooms, romantic fireplaces and stunning ocean views. Simple, intimate and relaxing… indulge in a true state of bliss at Vancouver Island’s finest spa & culinary resort destination. We’re not a million miles away, it just feels like it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brentwood Bay Hotel Brentwood Bay
- Brentwood Bay Resort And Spa
- Brentwood Bay Inn