“Rushed out the door and dismissed of ungraciously” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa

Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Acapulco, Mexico
“Rushed out the door and dismissed of ungraciously”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I just sent a detailed email to the resort informing them of the rather rude and dismissive treatment we received around the checkout time and thought I may as well add in a review while I'm at it.
Everything had been fine with our stay until I got a call from front desk asking me if we needed a late checkout time as we were 37 min past 11am (i glanced at the clock then). I admit I wasnt aware that 11am was the checkout time but I had been packing when they called.
I wont get into every little detail but suffice it to say that: a 12 pm time was implemented on us without our say, housekeeping came at exactly 1159am(!) as we were doing the last check around for stuff, etc, and the key was invalid immediately and we couldnt even access the marina and cafe ramp from inside the resort as we wanted to go there for a coffee after we had put the bags in the vehicle.
I must add that I had been booked into a spa massage from 945-1045am and given the tea offering afterwards which I did drink in the spa seating room. I had only gotten back to the room at about 1120am.
I would never have booked the massage at that time had I known that I would be racing back up to quickly shower, change and pack within a 15 min timeframe!
I know I should have been more aware of the exact checkout time but- wow- not even a minute of wiggle room? and this after we had paid for extra spa services?
I also found it bizarre that the spa didnt even mention once that I had a checkout time staring me down the face- I was in a robe covered in oil afterwards- wouldn't they see the problem I may have been setting myself up for?
Within 22 minutes, we had THREE pushes out the door! Talk about feeling unwanted.
Unfortunately, the last taste of our stay left a bitterness and we won't be inclined to go back. Shameful- as it is a lovely resort with great surroundings.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank leanne d
Natasha R, General Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your review leanne d. I am very sorry to learn about how your experience with us ended. Your detailed feedback has given us many points, which will be extremely useful as we work towards offering an exemplary experience to every guest who joins us. Our check-in time is 3:00 PM and our housekeeping team has to work very hard to ensure the rooms are cleaned and ready for our arriving guests. When our resort is busy, which is was during your stay, it can be a challenge when our departing guests are enjoying their rooms past our check-out time of 11:00 AM. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate an extra hour for you, although I really appreciate your feedback about how we handled your extension. We absolutely could have given you a much more seamless experience had we anticipated your needs more. Thank you again for your feedback. I am looking forward to reviewing how we anticipate our guests needs with the team. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to wow you. Please feel free to connect with me directly.

Natasha Richardson, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Victoria, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked a New Year's Eve at this resort. I stayed at this place once before and had a good experience. However, my experience this time was poor. Bottom of the barrel.

Upon checking in, I asked about the pub and restaurant hours for meal times. I was informed due to the New Year's Eve celebration both facilities have limited access. So my partner and I decided to eat elsewhere.

Around 11 pm, I started to hear the thumping base of club music emanating into my room. At first I thought it was a party going at a house nearby. It was not the neighborhood but the resort pub.

As midnight approach the base sounds from music got worse. I call the front desk and ask how long this thumping music was going to go on. The clerk reply that she was not sure. And that she would see if the manager can turn down the base of the music. The base music selection did not change for another half an hour. My partner and I could not sleep.

First off, I was not warn there would be loud thumping club music at check in and the approximate times it was to be on.

Second upon check out I brought up to the desk front staff of the unpleasant experience I had due to the loud music and trying to sleep, their response was tepid. No amends was made to make up for the poor experience I had. It was just a simple "We are sorry."

Sorry? If you market yourself as a top resort and you do not try to make amends, that is simply not good enough. Other places I stayed at where I had poor experiences, the staff always tried to make amends.

I would not had stayed here if I knew in advance there would be loud thumping club music being played into the wee hours. But most importantly I was not warn in advance at check in, and I was not presented an opportunity to be moved to a room further away to minimize the club music noise coming into my room.

No serious attempt was made to make amends; especially for a resort and spa that markets itself as 4 stars.

Poor experience.

5 Thank josephvictoria
Thank you so much for your feedback Josephvictoria. I am so sorry to hear that our New Years events impacted your stay so negatively. The event in the pub does get loud and go past midnight. I do admit that the base was particularly loud this year and we are evaluating who we will invite to entertain our guests in the pub next year. Our Guest Service Agents are usually exceptional at letting guests know when there could be a potential impact on our guests due to an event at the resort, so I am very sorry to hear that we did not provide you with this information at check-in. Please accept my apologies for us not ensuring you were satisfied when you left our Resort. I do hope you will give us another opportunity. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to visit us again.

Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Brentwood Bay, the rooms were very nice and quiet. The seagrille restaurant and the bar was exceptional! We also recommend the room service which was wonderful! We very much enjoyed the food and the service was exceptional!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor are bigger and rooms on the south side have a full view of the Bay!
1 Thank m s
m s, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I have to agree, room service is a wonderful way to go at Brentwood Bay. Nothing beats breakfast in bed with that stunning view!

We hope you join us again very soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My boyfriend and I were coming from out of town to celebrate Christmas with my family. We decided to stay at a hotel to give ourselves a break from all the holiday excitement. We originally booked our hotel for 3 nights, but after the first day, we asked if we could stay for another 3, so we wound up staying for 6 nights.

We couldn't possibly have chosen a better hotel. The front-desk staff at check-in were extremely friendly; we were walked to our room and explained the amenities that the hotel offered. The beds were very comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet (we were on the 3rd floor). The views were unreal. We enjoyed a glass of wine overlooking the Ocean with the gas fireplace on every single night we were there.

I treated myself to the spa, which was really great. The massage was the best I've ever had (and it should be...it was also the most expensive!). But the service was excellent, and I enjoyed a cup of tea in the lounger afterwards.

The Seagrille restaurant is amazing. We dined at both the restaurant and the pub. The portion sizes at the pub were very generous, and the wait staff were all fantastic. The restaurant had a good sized menu with lots of fresh seafood. We enjoyed some of the very best Sushi we've ever had (Sean is a genius!).

All in all, we stayed for 6 nights, and I won't ever stay anywhere else when I am visiting Victoria. The experience from the rooms, the staff, and dining - were all 10/10. I highly recommend this hotel/resort for a peaceful, beautiful getaway.

Thank you to all the staff at the Brentwood Bay Resort for making our stay so great.

2 Thank christina_liane
I am thrilled to ready about your wonderful experience with us over Christmas christina_liane! From myself and the team, especially our wonderful Sushi Chef, Sean, you are so welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future we hope!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We came for a christmas getaway to be close to friends and get out of Vancouver. the rooms are very comfortable and the view is outstanding. We dining room and pub dining experiences were two thumbs up. The spa also great. the outdoor pool is heated to a perfect 82 degrees and this was the best start of our days. We had a private hot tub - which was an absolute treat. The service also exceptional. We would definitely recommend this spot and will come back again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MgrBrentwoodBay, GSA at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing the Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa for your Christmas getaway! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, the spectacular views, and all the amenities we have to offer. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again very soon!
Victoria B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Mrs. Coopershawk and I went to The Seagrille Seafood & Sushi restaurant in the Brentwood Bay Resort for an excellent Christmas Dinner last night! The meal was delicious, the service was superb and the setting was spectacular! You could order from the regular menu or have a fixed three course dinner. We both chose the Christmas Dinner...soup or salad, turkey and dessert...all excellent! We'll be back next year!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for joining us for Christmas Dinner Mr. and Mrs. Coopershawk! We were delighted to have you, and we are so glad you enjoyed our traditional Christmas Turkey! It has become a favourite tradition here in Brentwood Bay. See you next year!
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed at this resort on our honeymoon, over 8 years ago. It was a dream! The room was beautiful, simple, and sophisticated. The view of the bay was wonderful as well. The complimentary breakfast was like none other. The menu options are limited, but we were there long enough to try everything, and it was all amazing. We would love to return someday. I highly recommend this one-of-a-kind resort.

Room Tip: Definitely reserve a 2nd or 3rd floor room to take advantage of the view of the bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sekaiser
We are delighted that you have such fond memories of your Honeymoon stay! We hope that you can return soon to see some of the exciting changes in the resort since then. All the best to you in Arkansas!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Saanich
#1 of 52 in Victoria
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 52 in Victoria
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,420 reviews

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!