“Worth going to Vancouver Island just to visit this gem”

Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Reviewed 19 December 2008

This hotel is just lovely. It is tucked away (although very close to the ferry which takes you to Vancouver city). Located on a beautiful lake, with a marina and seaplanes coming and going.

If you get one of the smaller suites, you have a direct lakeview with your own fireplace, spa bath, balcony and it is reasonably priced. It is lovely just to sit and watch the happenings on the lake and relax for a bit.

The hotel decor is very charming, done in a way to resemble a log cabin type character, but without any of the 'naff'ness. The bed was very comfortable and room service from the bar downstairs was also tasty and fairly inexpensive. I had a manicure at the day spa and all the staff were friendly and outgoing. The pool area looked great although I didnt use it.

I would highly recommend this hotel for any couples or families looking for a quite getaway from it all, whilst not looking at comprimising on quality/luxury.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 December 2008

My husband and myself thought the property was amazing very nicely done. The Staff were very helpful and pleasant. We had a fabulous dinner at the restaurant a wonderful waitress and really enjoyed everything about it.Can hardly wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Went to Vancouver Island for a 25th anniversary adventure. We feel very lucky to have picked this small lodge. Nice quiet location but close to anything we wanted to do. The food was just
wonderful. Smart and attentive staff to answer any question or make suggestions. Well organized place with just beautifully well appointed rooms. Highly recommended to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2008

We have stayed at the Brentwood Bay Lodge and spa at least 8 times in the past 4 years. I have loved it each time. I found the service great and very flexible! The rooms are so peaceful, clean and joy to come back to each stay
One thing that I miss, is the breakfast that used to be included every morning.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2008

My husband took me there for my birthday and we loved it! The food was wonderful, gotta try their sashimi! The room was very romantic and friendly staff. This is definitely the place where I will send my family and friends when they come visit.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2008

My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon in early September. We paid for a 3 night romantic package in a deluxe oceanview suite, which included tickets for the Butchart Gardens and money towards food in the restaurant and pub.

Our room was amazing, we had a room at the far side of the building with a view of the bay, but could see that rooms closer to reception would've had less good views. The jacuzzi bath was brilliant and we really loved the gas fireplace.

We didn't think the restaurant too overpriced and the portions were huge - bear this in mind if you order breakfast!

I had a manicure and a massage at the spa, I can recommend
both.

Overall, we had a lovely stay here, very relaxing and great not to be hurried. Since there aren't any attractions very nearby (except the gardens) there's no feeling of being pressured into seeing everything - which means you are free to enjoy your room and view.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We loved this hotel, we stayed here for two nights at the end of our trip in July 08. It is a modern hotel with a very West Coast feel. The rooms are large and double height with a wall of windows opening on to a balcony overlooking the marina and ocean. The furniture was bright and modern with a large modern bathroom with jetted tub and large shower complete with body sprays. I agree with another review, the self cleaning bath scares the crap out of you as it comes on completely out of the blue and is quite loud!! I thought a pipe had burst! We ate in the pub which had excellent service and great food. There is one thing to note. It is a long way from Downtown Victoria (1/2 hour drive) which is the only problem. To get to it you wonder where you are going, to say it is in Victoria is a bit of a stretch really. I do not think we would stay there again because of the location. Which is a shame because the hotel is great.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
#4 of 13 in Parksville
Long Beach Lodge Resort

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!