“Simply an amazing weekend getaway”

Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Seattle, WA
“Simply an amazing weekend getaway”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My husband and I just returned from this truly delightful place! All the amenities and no pressure to do anything but relax and enjoy great food & amazing service, not to mention the fabulous spa. There are a couple other restaurants right near this hotel (walking distance).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LtlGeneral

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
london
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We stayed for two nights on route to the Campbell River on a trip from London. The setting is beautiful with lovely views across the water, although a little isolated. Our room was by far the best that we had throughout our trip, incredibly comfortable and perfect for a romantic break. The shutters from the huge whirlpool bath can be left open to have a fabulous view across the bay, every conceivable luxury included in the room - even a kettle as well as a French coffee maker with a variety of herbal teas available. The staff were friendly and helpful, working out routes for our next stage of the journey. Lovely small swimming pool and tub on the deck. Food interesting in the main restaurant, but not quite so exciting in the pub. We loved this hotel - a real treat.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank henryairdale
MgrBrentwoodBay, Marketing Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2009
Thank you so much for visiting us! Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope the rest of your trip up-island was as pleasant.
The drive north of Victoria is spectacular, so I'm sure you enjoyed the vistas!

Your comfort and satisfaction is our main goal here at the Lodge, so we love that you loved your stay. Please come and visit anytime you are on this side of the Atlantic
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 21 March 2009

A sparkling gem of a place to stay. Rooms were beautifully designed, immaculately clean and very comfortable. Pretty deck overlooking the water. Various treats were left on the bed every night with turn-down service. Spa lovely too. Very relaxing setting away from the hubbub but an easy drive from downtown Victoria.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank luvgreathotels
Excellent to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do enjoy those treats! We look forward to seeing you again whenever you are in the area.
British Columbia
Reviewed 17 March 2009

My wife and I decided to celebrate her birthday here. I was familiar with the Lodge as a result of a very pleasant luncheon in the pub a couple of years ago.

From the moment of our arrival, it was one of the most satisfying liesure experiences I have ever had. The place has a relaxed but efficient mood about it. The desk person was well-informed, courteous and informative. The room was spotless and elegantly appointed with custom hardwood furniture and tasteful wall colorings/finishes and artwork. It's very modern but with a certain organic sensibility. You might say that the room was sophisticated in appearance but still very cozy.

We dined in the main dining room. I think it was called the seagrille. My wife had a set five-course offering with paired wine and I opted for sushi. The meals could not have been better. The presentation and flavors were remarkable. Timing between courses was perfect. I thought the sommelier was especially keen about a couple of the pairings. For a moment, I thought he might have been a little exuberant, but then I realized that he was merely responding to my wife's obvious enthusiasm over the wine and lamb course. So in retrospect, his interaction with us was perfect. The waiter was calm and attentive - just right.

After dinner, we soaked in our own hot tub and looked out to sea. All the rooms here have an ocean view. The bed and linens were incredible. The curtains blocked out all the light and we slept like logs. It was completely quiet.

We did NOT want to leave and can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dunsmuir7
Thank you so much for your kind words, we are really glad that you enjoyed your stay so much!

We look forward to seeing you again soon, the hot tubs are warmed up and waiting!
Victoria BC
Reviewed 17 March 2009

We have stayed there before and it keeps getting better. It is a great romantic getaway from the city.

I would recommend it for a dinner and overnight stay. We had the chef 's menu and wine pairing for dinner. It was perfect. Followed by a nice dessert by the fireplace.

Rooms are wonderfully decorated and have a nice view of the water. At times, you can see cars loading on the commuter ferry that travels across Brentwood Bay.

We look forward to our next time there. Thank you to Dan and his staff for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank westcoastfuntime
MgrBrentwoodBay, Owner at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2009
Please come back anytime you need another romantic getaway!. It is a pleasure having you.

-Dan
Nanaimo, BC
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I booked this hotel because it looked like the nicest hotel the airport area. I drove down to Victoria from mid Vancouver Island to catch a flight that was leaving early in the morning. I decided to take the Brentwood Bay ferry across to save some time instead of driving all the way around to the airport. This hotel is right beside where the ferry comes in which was so handy. I drove off the ferry and turned right into the hotel parking lot. My room had a nice balcony where I could watch the Brentwood Bay / Mill Bay ferry come and go. (see attached photo).

The room (#307) was very nice with a great jacuzzi tub and nice shower. Gas fireplace, comfy bed & beautiful view. I booked this through Hotels.ca and saved $30 off the going rate with the hotel. The drive to the airport in the morning was only about 10 mins. would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank 13Beachbunny
Thanks so much for your kind review. Always nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back any time you are on this end of the Island. Beautiful photos also!
BC
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I'm very very picky to say the least. When I visit even the most upscale of places I normally won't go back. Not because I disliked it, but I just like to check out other places. But this place always blows me away. I always leave with a huge smile!! This is the 3rd time we went, and it was for my birthday. They made my birthday a day to never forget!!

First, they made sure that while we were out, to light all these candles around the room. When we walked in, within 10 minutes they arrived with a dinner specifically made for us. After we were done, what do ya know? Another knock at the door! It was this amazing strawberry shortcake they made. It couldn't get any better!

The trip before that I was hungry at midnight. The chef was about to leave but decided to make me this fruit and cheese platter I was craving at no charge. I can never get over the service from here.

What I really liked most is that around 9pm...nobody is in the pool/hottub. Love it! Very romantic.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 49 in Victoria
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!