“Relaxing”

Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was a start to our overdo vacation and wasn't sure what to expect. Lovely, lovely family running this quaint B and B. Greetings and interaction were great. Room had everything one might need, including a possible visit from the cat or dog....or you could look at the chicken that might escape and their companions (goats that don't). Then there was breaky. WOW. Can't get that in most fine restaurants. Brought to your door in a basket to enjoy at will. Very good about catering to health issues - we asked for low sodium- no problem. It was quiet, relaxing and a place we will go back to.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat P

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We just returned from a weekend away at the most incredible Bed and Breakfast. This property is beautifully maintained and located minutes away from Butchart Gardens providing tranquility while still being close enough to get into Victoria in 20 minutes. The suites are very well appointed with all the amenities you need while you are away (internet, hairdryer, microwave, fridge and more!). Coffee and tea are also in your room which is great. The rooms have lovely linens and were immaculately cleaned. Views from the windows look out over green spaces filled with trees and foliage. Breakfast is a site to behold. The owners, Peter and Stephanie, take unbelievable care and attention with every detail of the meal. The presentation was incredible and the tastes were fantastic. I only wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy more of this lovely retreat. We can't wait to book again.

Room Tip: We chose to stay in the Loft Suite which has a king size bed as well as a pull out sofa in the livin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momofthecs
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights in September in the Loft room. The accommodation was first class, lovely sitting area to relax in. Very well equipped and clean. Although its quite a drive if you want to visit Victoria, its well worth staying in the countryside, and very close to the Butchart Gardens. Breakfast is bought to your room, and the adverse comment we had was that it would be served at 8.30, and not given any alternative. Perhaps a little more flexibility would be welcomed as we wanted it earlier on our second morning to catch the first ferry from Brentwood Bay. Also we would have thought some milk should have been sent with the breakfasts, as there are tea/coffee making facilities available, but no milk. Suggest putting a jug in the fridge. All in all though, apart from these two slightly negative points, would recommend this bed & breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akaroa2010
BenvenutoBnB, Owner at Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Hello there,
My name is Peter Twiss and my wife Stephanie and I just recently bought Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast from Carrie. She unfortunately had a tragic loss in her life and was unable to carry on running Benvenuto.
We plan on picking up right where she left off. We just wanted to introduce ourselves and invite you to have a look at our website and consider staying with us on your next trip to Victoria, BC.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights in the Benvenuto B&B and were delighted with the location, the facilities and the hospitality. This B&B is easy walking distance to the Butchart Gardens and one can take a bus to the very interesting city of Victoria. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who wants a quiet out of the way place to stay. It would be an advantage to have a car however, as the bus service is a bit marginal at times, especially if you need to catch the Swartz Bay ferry. Beware! the breakfasts that Carrie serves are not for the faint hearted.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidPAdelaide

Reviewed 15 August 2012

There is a reason this place has almost all 5 star reviews. Very nice place and hosts. It was my first B&B and has sadly ruined all the rest for me. Great breakfasts, rooms, and lawn to relax on. Kind of a small farm setting so great for those of us that don't want to be in the middle of it all.

We showed up on a motorcycle in dirty riding gear but were given the red carpet treatment. If I am back in the area I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: They all seem nice. Quiet setting so I don't know if any would be better than the rest.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I just return from a trip on the Vancouver Island and we slept at this beautiful bed and breakfast. The big room we had, with a view on the little farm, is really nice. We also enjoyed staying just at a couple of km from Butchart Garden, as we can go back anytime during the same day at Butchart with the same ticket. We had the chance to see it during the day, and were able to go back to assist at a concert. If you like to stay in a nice and quiet area, not too far from the attractions, a few km from Victoria downtown, this is the place to stay. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I took my wife to stay at the Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast the weekend that I proposed to her. I chose this B&B over several others because the location was walking distance to both the Butchart Gardens and the Butterfly Gardens. It was very easy to access by transit, both from the Swartz Bay ferry and Downtown Victoria; a bus stopped just down the road to the B&B, and the bus driver let us off right in front of the house when we first got there since it was a slow area. This was very important to us since my wife and I travel strictly by transit.

I had such a wonderful experience at this B&B. The owners were friendly, accommodating and full of information. I am a very picky eater, and I could not complain about the food once; it was wonderfully made and beautifully served. We stayed in The Robin's Nest room and it was refreshing and welcoming from the moment we stepped in.

I really can't say enough positive things about this B&B. If I get the chance, I hope to stay here again. Although it states we stayed in August of 2011, we actually stayed in June 2010; I wanted to write the review awhile ago but completely forgot to.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 49 in Victoria
Hotel Grand Pacific
#13 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Benvenuto Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!