“Average service,poor food”

Prairie Inn Neighbourhood Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Very dark so we choose to sit on the patio..quite a selection of pub food...
Before ordering the chicken burger I asked if it was a processed chicken patty, I was told that it was fresh but breaded and deep fried...when the burger came it was a processed chicken patty..I got half way through and found hair in the coating of the processed chicken patty...spoke with the waitress and she stated that it will come off my bill...with hardly an I'm sorry for the hair!...on my bill I was still charged for my tea...at least they could of cover was a cost of a tea bag..
That will be the last time we eat in The Prairie Inn!

2  Thank Karen1616

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The easiest way to get my husband's (age 78) to go out for a meal is to suggest the Prairie Inn, lunch or supper. Food is reliable, large portions, great servers. This pub is always full to capacity with young and old. Tables of young workers with seniors at the next table. One room is available for families with children. My guy likes the skookum burger: burger, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato with a side of fries. I order either the special or explore the menu. Accessible from the parking lot.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Went to Prairie Inn for New Years Eve dinner. The Poutine Prairie Fries were good as usual, but the Halibut burger was bland and the salad was nothing exciting. My guest had the Mac and Cheese, again it was just ok, nothing to really speak about. Their food is usually better, was not very busy at that time either. Hope its better next time.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We visit here fairly often at lunch time or early evening. The waitress service is always very prompt & attentive, though occasionally the food can take a while to come out of the kitchen. The portions are always generous and it has always been of good quality. The pub is conveniently divided up into several very different areas. The 'bar' is the largest room with several tables, no windows,big screen TVs and pool tables. The 'lounge' has lots of windows, a few smaller TVs, while the 'sunroom' has just tables and chairs and is basically an enclosed patio. The smallest room has now been turned into the family room as children are allowed in. Presumably you cannot just drink in this room but must 'intend' to eat!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We've dined at the P.I. many times over the past six years and have never had a bad meal there. Servings are large and are for the most part, well prepared. On Fridays and Saturdays the place can be extremely busy and on occasions, service suffers a bit but on weekdays we've found the service acceptable at worst and very good more times than not. The place has a very steady clientele - we might include ourselves - which is indicative of good food, good service and above all, reasonable prices. It is, remember, a pub and not "five star" dining. We'll be back again as will many others. Our recommendation is that it is best to avoid Fridays and Saturdays as it is literally SRO and service can suffer a bit but it is always fair value for money and they keep their taps in top condition and pour a good pint!