Albany Oak Motel
US$66
US$116
  • Room Service
Aristotles North Shore(Wairau Valley)
US$124
US$91
  • Pool
US$94
US$87
Anzac Court Motel(Takapuna)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$124
Emerald Inn(Takapuna)
US$177
US$172
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnorth shoreplace to stayi'm gladwestfield shoppinggreat cafeground floorconvenient locationtv and free wifiair conditionedafter hourslast minutespa bathmotelkitchenettebedamenitiesunits
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My husband & I with friends found our 2 bedroom unit to be just what we required. The unit was very clean & comfortable, well equipped, ideal for extended holiday. We would certainly use this motel again. The customer service was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nan059
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I've been staying here regularly for over 10 years when I've needed to transit Auckland - fairly convenient, quiet, good accommodation, nice owners (I've known 3).

I'm less than impressed by their current staff, though.
On my next booking, I noticed that they've changed their cancellation policy to one that I find draconian.

If you don't cancel your reservation more than 48 hours prior to your arrival, they don't only charge you for the first night, they'll bill you FOR THE ENTIRE STAY.

When I queried this, I got the response:

"If you do not wish to keep our policy, we will cancel your booking"

I mostly deal with Monika Park, the owner and her daughter Nicola, so I've never experienced this rudeness, but they need to keep an eye on the customer relation skills of their front desk staff

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We stayed at this motel in a 1bedroom room for two nights. The lady at reception was quite pleasant although her English was not great. The room was ok with a lovely big bed in the bedroom and a pull out sofa bed in the lounge. access to the bathroom was through the bedroom. The bathroom was clean but the shower was TERRIBLE with no water pressure what so ever. There were no spare blankets in the room but we were given some when we requested one for the sofa bed. All in All it was an average stay and the only real complaint is about the shower.

t

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ThomKatz
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I stayed at Albany Oak Motel for a couple of days for a friend's wedding, so we have somewhere close to rest inbetween. The place is very neat and clean. The owners of the place were such lovely people. They made us felt so welcomed to their motel!!! Based on the previous reviews, I am sure there has been a change of ownership - as it looks like the place has improved a lot from those negative comments given in the older reviews. I had enjoyed my stay at this motel and will definately come back again if I needed to stay in Albany again! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Volcom-Girl
Reviewed 21 January 2009

dont trust the pictures on the website as the rooms are quite different. old lady at reception is a poor english speaker and it is difficult to communicate with her. the only good thing i can say about this place is that they have a nice cat...

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank igloo43