“New place and it showed...”
Review of Lone Star Albany

Lone Star Albany
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We ate here for a friends birthday and it had opened only recently. The staff were friendly enough but the food was a little mediocre. The steaks were nice but the potatoes were uninspiring...just quarter roast potatoes, and overdone ones at that.

The wine is expensive for what you get and I left with the impression that this will be a nice place to go eat...just not yet...

lonestar25, Owner at Lone Star Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. Our guests are important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. We are glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you back at Lone Star Albany again soon for a fabulous night out:)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Such a wonderful experience with our family of three for dinner, the staff were very attentive the atmosphere was pumping with a few 'happy birthdays' being sung loud and proud throughout the night - very cute! The food was ofcourse delicious, as expected! The 'preferential seating' system, wait time for getting seated and parking are definitely places that need improvement, but other than that we had a great time! Highly recommend. Thank you :-)

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you had a fun night with us. We look forward to seeing you back again soon:)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Popped in to Lone Star last night and had one of the best evenings I've had this year. I work in hospitality and understand that on a busy Friday night it's very easy to lose track of the restaurant, but that was not the case last night! My girlfriend and I were constantly looked after and were never forgotten. I have a slight dairy intolerance and told the waitress that it wasn't a big deal, but Caitlin had the food expeditor or one of the senior waitresses greet us and explain which meals had the option to be made dairy free. I enjoyed my shank but found the coleslaw to be a bit dry. Later on we ended up getting a free cocktail to enjoy with our dessert! Caitlin was a great waitress and the expo was very lovely. Surely coming back with my boys for beers and the rugby!

lonestar25, Owner at Lone Star Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hi there,
What a delight it was to read your lovely feedback. We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable evening with us and that Caitlin looked after you so well. What a great way to top off your night with a yummy cocktail and dessert. We certainly look forward to seeing you back for the 'Beers and the Rugby' :)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Dined there on a very busy Friday night. Was greeted by Taylor who took the time to discuss our Gluten free options & even introduced us to the head chef to ensure we would be confident about receiving a strictly Gluten free meal. I believe the owner also came over to ensure we could be confident about their staff's strict procedures in respect to GF requirements.The food was really good, best steak I have had in years. Our coeliac in the party loved her food and showed no signs of gluten contamination. For such a busy night - hugely impressive

1  Thank nurdsens
lonestar25, General Manager at Lone Star Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi there,
Thanks so much for dining with us. We loved hearing that you enjoyed your evening with us and that your GF needs were met. Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Myself and my family really enjoyed our meal at this newly opened restaurant. When I rang to 'book' the Lone Star policy was politely explained and left me with no misunderstanding. We ventured along and were seated immediately, which was a bonus as the restaurant was nearly full. At all times the staff were friendly, polite and attentive and we felt well looked after. The children's meals were well sized and of good quality. My husband and I both ordered steak and it was great that it arrived on the table the way we had both requested it. All meals were generous, tasty and the ingredients good quality. The kids had the ice cream as part of the children's menu and my husband and I shared the chocolate self saucing pudding with a delicious chocolate sauce - it tasted wonderful. This place ticks all the right boxes for us - would thoroughly recommend!

1  Thank sullyandmel

Hi there,
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely feedback with us. We are glad that you and your family had a great evening. Yes, the Self Saucing Pudding is delicious, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
We look forward to seeing you at Lone Star Albany again soon:)