“A must”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Isola d'Asti
Linz, Austria
“A must”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We staid for one night on our way to Milan in order to appreciate the outstanding food and excellent wines of the restaurant. Very nice setting including pool and garden. Possibility to sit outside. The hotel and restaurant were designed in the 70ies on a very high quality and design level, which means that lamps, furniture etc. give you a flashback - a good one. Food is excellent. I had a wonderful onion salad with makrele sushi as a starter, then perfect raviolini and afterwards sorbet which came along with a selection of homemade deserts and pastries as a gift from the house. Service was very good and accomodation as well. Simply a must.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Southampton NY
Reviewed 16 August 2012

In Isola Asti, if you are traveling through this summer, cool spot for a family-fun albergo. Comfortable rooms, nice pool for a dip after a warm day....Michelin star restaurant.
this is truly a good choice for a day or two,,,,Great personal service, reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline S
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Our stay at family run Il Cascinalenuovo will always provide us with special memories, although unfortunately our time there was restricted to just one night, as we stopped off on our drive back to the UK from Rome.

Set in the beautiful northern Italian countryside between Asti and Alba our stay was a truly lovely relaxing experience and we wished we had been able to stay longer.

Wanting to savour different experiences on our trip we decided to treat ourselves and stay at this smallish modern hotel. I think it would be more accurate to describe Il Cascinalenuovo as a Michelin Star Restaurant with rooms to stay over rather than a hotel in its own right. There is a wonderful outside covered dining terrace, lovely gardens with a large swimming pool and, although located fairly close to the road it felt like a haven.

The modern spacious guest rooms included a lounge area and were very comfortable and spotlessly clean.

The Michelin Star restaurant was excellent.

The friendly Ferretto family are “hands on” in the way they run Il Cascinalenuovo, which means standards remain very high.

On arrival Alice who was warm and so very welcoming greeted us. During our short stay she attended to our every need and was happy to pass the time of day.

Her father Roberto is the restaurant manager and Walter her uncle the superb chef.

As we were only there for dinner for one night we decided to opt for Walter’s “Viaggio Gastronomico” which consisted of seven or eight courses of wonderful dishes form the Piedmont region, all served with some excellent wines presented to us by Roberto, which perfectly complimented the food served.

At the end of the evening Walter personally came to each table to find out what we thought about his food and to find out a bit about us. This was a nice touch and made us all feel very special.

Our meal was certainly the highlight of our stay and left us with fond memories in every respect.

Breakfast outdoors the following morning was delicious as well!

Can we recommend – yes, absolutely! Would we return – yes, certainly!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Romford
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst touring Europe. The hotel was a little out of the way and was difficult to find. It isn't actually in Asti but outside Isola D'Asti. We had room 206 which was an excellent size with a lounger area and a large shower room.
The hotel grounds were superb abnd it was nice to swim in the heated swimming pool even though the air temperature was in the mid 30s.
The continental breakfast was more than adequate. We dined in the Bistro on our second night and found the food to be superb. There is also an award winning gourmet restaurant at the hotel but we preferred the bistro as our dining tastes are a little more simple.
The staff were extremely helpful, particularly when our car battery was flat when we were due to leave. They couldn't have done much more for us and despite their best efforts couldn't get it started but were good enough to summon a local car mechanic.
The reception staff all spoke good English and were extremely helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The hotel room was clean and very large. The hotel though is a few miles outside of Asti, which I hadn't realised when I booked it, I got carried away with the fact that it was rated as number 1 in Asti, I would have chosen a more central hotel if I'd known. The hotel seems to be in the middle of nowhere. The reception is on the first floor which isn't obvious when you arrive, the staff were friendly enough, although not overly so. There was no hot water in the evening, or the following morning. The wifi worked fine. We didn't stop for breakfast so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mowEngland
Gold Coast
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a very nice room and had a good sleep. The owners were very welcoming and friendly.
The only negative was that we could not pick up the wifi in the room. We had to go into the hallway to get a signal.
Great place to base yourself to explore the Asti region. There is a large shopping complex just down the road. Good cafe and coffee there as well as supermarket.

Room Tip: Check your room has wifi if that is required for your stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TestBed
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Every once in a while I stumble upon a place that makes me smile. Il Cascinalenuovo made me more than smile; it evoked a sense of magic and enlightenment in me that is hard to express in words...but I'll try.
I stayed 3 nights at the Albergo: Oct 5 and 6th and then again Oct 15, 2011. The rooms are elegant and well thought out with a sense of class and minimalism. I felt right at home and slept like a champ on the very comfortable queen sized bed. Dinner on oct 5th was spent eating at some local pizza joint as the "in-house" resto was closed. I was told by the super nice and extremely generous owner that the next night I would be able to eat at the resto if I so-desired (it was very understated on his part about how good the resto was). I decided to book a table for one person without seeing the menu...or even knowing what the price range was. Making my way down to dinner on the eve of Oct 6th is what makes this review so important... I was transported to an exquisite, understated surrounding of white-draped elegance. Perfect ambiance, perfect lighting, perfect seating...Perfect! The service was so good that I do not even know how to describe it...They read my mind at every level and made the experience just amazing. I have not mentioned the meal yet :) The cuisine at Il Cascinalenuovo, is, as far as I am concerned, the best I have ever tried....anywhere. My 1st dish; millefeuille of foie gras and veal tongue was transcendental... and that was just the start! I cannot mention here all the menu items I tried, but rest assured I was in pure heaven throughout the entire meal. I am not sure what was put together first: the menu, or the wine list. The selection of local and international wines is simply perfect. I would say they have the top 5 wine lists I have ever been privy to peruse. My favorite selection was the bottle of 2005 Bricco d'ell Uccellone, Barbera D'asti. They "only" have 32 pages of wine, but the selections are incredibly well thought out and balanced...not to mention very reasonably priced. Of course, they are heavily weighted towards local varietals, but who can blame them... Barbaresco, Barolo, Gavi, Langhe...very nice neighbors to have.
Last but not least, as a side bar (and to perhaps let the cat out of the bag...) upon my return visit, I was mesmerized by a certain "employee". She had recognized me from my previous stay and wanted to make sure everything was alright for my current stay. I am not sure why I had not noticed before, but she is absolutely remarkable. Her beauty and energy are quite simply breathtaking and I became mesmerized by her. Her beauty is matched only by her elegance, poise, and kindness.

So, all in all I will find a way to return shortly. To Eat, Love and Stay :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank DLB2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isola d'Asti
Relais San Maurizio
#1 of 18 in Asti
Hotel Villa Mori
Hotel Villa Mori
#1 of 1 in Montegrosso d'Asti

Been to Albergo Ristorante Il Cascinalenuovo? Share your experiences!