Amazon Yarapa River Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$240
US$71
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewslocal ingredientswildlifeamazonlodgeexperiencesnakesjungletypeslandlocalsbugs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Thank you to the staff of Yarapa River Lodge for a wonderful 3 day/4 night stay with you prior to Christmas! The excursions, food, and rooms all exceeded our expectations. Seeing the wildlife and learning about the Amazon region made it all worthwhile. It is obvious Erickson (Naturalist), Arrocu (local Guide), Jerry & Carlos (chef & staff) all enjoy what they do - whoever put the team together knew what they were doing. The smiles on our faces say it all; it is a trip we'll always remember. If you are looking to take a trip to the Amazon, please consider Yarapa - I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the private rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank areynolds219
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We spent two weeks in Peru and this lodge was by far our favorite part of the trip. The staff was very attentive and kind and we really liked being around all of them. The food was great, the lodge was relaxing and the excursions were so beautiful and educational. The work they are doing to try to preserve the Amazon is so important and was very important to us as well. I love photography and the subject matter in the Amazon was incredible. Ericson and Plas were our guides in the jungle and their ability to find the wildlife was amazing and they are extremely knowledgeable.
We also did the Iquitos extension tour after staying at the lodge and I highly recommend that too. As wildlife lovers, seeing the manatee rescue facility and the work they are doing at Pilpintuwasi was also a great experience. Jane Goodall, the famous primatologist, visited Pilpintuwasi less then two weeks after we were there!
We talked with other travelers during our trip that also went to the Iquitos area and no one else saw the amount of wildlife that we did when we stayed at the Yarapa River Lodge. It's far enough away from the city that you can still experience the jungle and the staff keeps you safe while you are there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had been looking forward to this trip and our expectations were exceeded by the beauty of the area, the attentiveness of the staff, the tasty food, the library in the hammock room, and the quality of the excursions. We walked, rode in boats, paddled in canoes, and fished. We were so excited to see fish, dolphins, fruit and vegetable plants, flowers, monkeys, birds, night creatures like tarantulas and caimans, snakes, and more. My husband and I learned so much about wildlife, human life along the river, and ways in which such a lodge can promote wise ecological conservation in the Amazon. We highly recommend a visit and when you go, please say "Hola" for us to Ericson, Plas, Maria, and Gerry.
Irene and Richie Sills, Syracuse, NY

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious and netted to protect from mosquitoes. I don't think any supercede any others.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 204IreneS
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I just got back from the best vacation that I ever took. We stayed at the Yarapa River Lodge for a week and all that I saw and experienced has changed my life. The accommodations were great, the food fantastic, and the staff the best I have ever encountered anywhere. The guides, Ericson and Plass, were absolutely great. Their knowledge of the area and ability to spot interesting wildlife and birds was incredible. I was amazed at their ability to be so in tune with the nature of the area. The knowledge of the guides and their care about the rainforest was top- notch. If I could, I would pack my suitcase today and go back today. To anyone considering an Amazon adventure, this is the place to go. It is safe and the staff open, loving, and caring with infinite patience. They have numerous animals and birds rescued from the black market on the lodge property which made it incredibly beautiful and in keeping with the ecolodge philosophy of Yarapa. It is a paradise for photographs. I wish everyone could have the opportunity to see it and we would all work to save the Amazon. I will go back a second time. Diane Leshinski, Syracuse, NY

Room Tip: The rooms with the private bath were great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane L
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Erickson and Eddie were fantastic guides. The lodge is very nice. Rooms large and
after tenting on the Inka trail we were very happy to have a soft bed! Erickson made sure each day was an adventure and Gerry ensured we had plenty of good food and cold beer. Gerry would even meet us after each trek with a cold lemon scented towel. Heaven. Would strongly
recommend this lodge!!!