Travelodge Limerick Castletroy
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Savoy Hotel(Limerick)
  • Pool
All reviewscafe noircafe next doorroom was cleanstayed herebudget hotelplace to sleeppetrol stationtravel lodgeshort staytea coffee facilitiesan ironcomfortable stayideal locationcouple of nightssingle bednext morningaldi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I spend one overnight stay while I was attending a course in UL. Cheap accommodation and convenient to UL and Limerick City. Room was bright and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful.
I was happy overall with stay and plan to use it again when on weekend course.

Room Tip: make it know that your are a student at UL to get a cheaper rate
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paul O, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try and maintain a high standard here in Travelodge Castletroy. I do hope to see you in the future and thank you for your custom. We do have a agreed rate with Ul and also offer some great corporate rates . A little surprised that you only gave us 3 and not a 5 .
If I can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Yours Sincerely,
Paul O'Sullivan.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I found my stay in the travelodge very accommodating. The room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. I found the staff extremely helpful we were only provided with one towel and when I rang reception, The man was more than happy to bring me a towel straight away. Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere affordable and practical.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joanne_1515
Paul O, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Joanne_1515,
Thank you for taking time out to review our property. I'm delight to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on the great remarks to my team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night. The room was clean and nice...in fact huge....nice to spread out. It is quite convenient to major roads..
But not close to the city centre.
There is a cafe within the hotel. The food was very good...please note while breakfast was not included it was well worth the cost.
On arrival there was only one staff on the desk and she was duly overwhelmed with the line up and dealing with the many requests.
Unfortunately only one lift worked making waits a challenge.
I would have expected a bit more with the Travelodge name...more like discount Travelodge or Travelodge Express.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank hrdmapl
Paul O, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear hrdmap1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I'm delighted that you liked our rooms and café noir. We have recently had a problem with one of our lifts and are waiting for a part for the lift. Usually we have two lifts in operation, Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We also usually have one person on in the evening time unless we are extremely busy. Some times people may arrive together and could cause a delay. I will look at this very closely. Once again apologies for any inconvenience to you.
I hope you are having a pleasant stay in Ireland.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I found the Travelodge very clean and my room was spacious. The lack of air-conditioning in the room resulted in a poor nights sleep and the noise from the traffic meant that the window had to be kept closed. When I did eventually sleep I was awakened by noise in the corridor and from the adjoining room at 5.30am. I would stay here again as it is the ideal location for visiting my son who is in the UL but would request a room at the back. The staff were very friendly and efficient and the private car parking was a bonus.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back as it would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cath760
Paul O, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Cath760,
Here in Travelodge Castletroy we take customers feedback very seriously. I'm disappointed to hear you did not have a great night sleep on the night you stayed. I would love to discuss your stay if you would like to contact me direct on 061603500 or email me at paul.osullivan@travelodge.ie.
When you are staying you can book with me direct.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed in that hotel already more than one time. Always, if I visit my friends in Limerick, I use to book a room there, because it is simple, comfortable, clean and totally enough for my requirements. All I need is a seperate, clean room, working sanitary facilities and a friendly and helpful stuff. All that I can get there. A nice French influenced restaurant is nearby in the same building and sometimes I used to have breakfast and lunch there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Roland81
Paul O, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick Castletroy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Roland 81,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay, Also thank you for your kind comments. I look forward in welcoming you to Travelodge Castletroy on your next visit.