“5* experience”

Castletroy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castletroy
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We won a night with dinner and breakfast in the incredable wedding suite the week after we actually got engaged !! It was amazing ! From the bed, to the size of the room, the gorgeous bathroom to the little freebies it was gorgeous and extremely clean. Had 3 course dinner that night. Big portions, nice and hot very tasty not over complicated just a fab meal in a easy goin atmosphere. Breakfast next morning was lovely whole buffet to choose from. But the best was the service of staff from front desk to the bar to the house keeping and breakfast. They were just so nice did everything for us made a big fuss we felt so looked after. It was an amazing stay and a fantastic way to celebrate our engagement. Cannot thank the hotel enough as we would not be able to afford this normally. Definately 5* from us.

• Stayed: September 2013
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of House Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear lizlimerick

Once again congratulations on winning this break with your new fiancé; we are delighted to read (further to the delightful comments made in the hotel) that you had an incredible time at the Castletroy Park Hotel.
We also are happy to find that you enjoyed your night in our new bridal suite, recently renovated this suite is most comfortable boasting a super king sized bed, double Jacuzzi lounge bath and double shower and a suite so big you could get lost in...
We are also delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and enjoyed the variety of food.
Thanks again for your five star rating, but finally we were delighted to learn (privately) of your engagement and to experience some of the wonderful energy surrounding the first few days of your engagement.
For any future reservations ar requests please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I often use this hotel - in fact I have been using it since 2004 (10 years in all).
The hotel has big rooms, pleasant public spaces, good food and a good breakfast.
The room is immaculately clean.
The staff are friendly and one feels looked after.
It is close to the University of Limerick (where I work) and makes an ideal spot to house visitors to the University.
Recently the hotel has been up-grading with improvements to many areas.
The wi-fi is free and the hotel has a swimming pool and offers spa treatments.
I have no complaints and I recently stayed in Dublin 4, but that hotel was not as good.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently re-furbished room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank screen_name_tripper

Dear screen_name_tri…

Many thanks for taking the time to review the newly renovated Castletroy Park Hotel, We are delighted to read such an exceptional review from a truly loyal client.
We are very happy to read that you mentioned our team, As you are well aware many of the staff have been with the hotel since it first opened and today our team and its attention to customer care and traditional service values are just as important as our multi-million Euro renovation.
We are happy to again build what has been in the past a very positive relationship between the both beautiful and academic University of Limerick.
Also we are happy that during your stay you had the time to avail of our leisure facilities which include a 20 meter swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam room and Sauna.
Once again we would like to thank you for your recent business and look forward to our future partnerships.
Should you need further assistance or accommodation needs please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just back from the October Bank Holiday weekend - where a group of friends & families meet once/twice per year & this time booked the Castletroy Park Hotel. Cannot fault the Hotel : Excellent Staff, very friendly & very helpful, Great Facilities, Food in Restaurant (for Dinner & Breakfast was excellent) & Bar food also excellent. We have not yet gone back to the same hotel when we meet up but this is the first time that we agreed our next trip would be to the Castletroy Park Hotel again..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rob l
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of House at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear rob l

Thank for taking the time to review our hotel, We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your bi-annual weekend at the Castletroy Park Hotel. Thank you also for mentioning our “excellent staff” many of whom have been with the hotel since it first opened, our “great facilities” which include a 20 meter pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna and gym with both aerobic machines and weights.
We are also delighted to find that you yenjoyed our new menu’s and selection of food both in the bar and in our resturaunt.
Again it is with pleasure that we would welcome you and your family on your next visit to Limerick city, for any further assistance or reservation please does not hesitate to contact me personally at jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

the hotel is located within walking distance of the campus of UL near "the flagpoles". It has ample parking. What I particularly liked on entering the hotel was the beautiful decor and lighting in the lobby - very classy. The bar too had atmosphere and was friendly and cosy for an evening meal/nightcap. Our room had been refurbished and was elegantly decorated and comfortable, spotlessly clean. There were very good deals on for beauty treatments while we were there so my daughter and I both treated ourselves to facials. I would recommend you book treatments in advance of your stay as the girls were very busy and we didn't get the times we wanted as it was a last minute decision to book. My husband and son enjoyed the gym facilities and sauna. I found the bedroom/ bedding extremely warm at night and didn't sleep well at all though the beds were very comfortable. By phone, I had negotiated a rate for interconnecting rooms to accommodate my teens (it wasn't possible to do this online). I was a bit irritated on checkout to see the agreed rate had not been noted and I was asked for a higher rate. However, there was no fuss made and I paid what I had expected. Overall, a gem of a hotel for a weekend away. Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MaryTDublin
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of House Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear MaryTDublin

Firstly thank you for your fantastic review. It is true that our hotel is so close to the beautiful university campus that you can see the infamous poles and flags from many of our rooms.
We are delighted to read that you admired all of our new décor from the hotel reception and lobby area to our newly renovated “executive rooms” that you found to be “elegantly decorated and comfortable, spotlessly clean”. We are also delighted to read that you and your family had the time to enjoy our leisure facilities, and that both you and your daughter enjoyed your Decléor facials in our beauty rooms.
Finally we are happy to read that the rate disparity upon checkout was dealt with in the appropriate manner by our Reception Manager.
For any future bookings or requests please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

They made us feel like part of the family for the two days we stayed, 18 to 20 Oct 2013. The bar is fun and open all hours. The function hall was luxurious and served great food, as was the breakfast. Free wifi with swimming pool & gym included in the reasonable price.
It would be my first choice accommodation if visiting Limerick Uni.

• Stayed: October 2013
JGriffinFrontHouse, Front of House Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Paul W

Many thanks for your lovely review; we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Castletroy Park Hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed both the service and quality of food available both in the bar and restaurant. We are also delighted that you enjoyed the services available such as the WIFI and leisure club that is included for all our guests.
Thank you for also saying that our hotel would be your first choice for accommodation in the region.
For any requests or future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had the most amazing facial in the castletroy park spa a few weeks ago and returned today for a half day pamper package which was absolutely devine. On arrival I was welcomed by the therapist serena who was friendly and welcoming. The facial a few weeks ago and the pamper package today were both facilitated by serena and both were absolutely heavenly. The room was lovey and relaxing and the treatments were amazing. In addition the treatments were fantastic value. Today I received a mini facial a foot back neck and shoulder massage and afternoon tea for 79 euro. Following the treatments I was brought to the reception area of the hotel for afternoon tea. The staff were equally welcoming here and the afternoon tea was delightful. I will definitely be returning. I can recommend the spa for ultimate relaxing and unwinding.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear endmclovin

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your half day pamper package that you had last week in the Beauty Rooms of the Castletroy Park Hotel, we are delighted to read that from the moment you checked in you found the experience to be “welcoming”, the room to be “spacious”, and the treatment to “ absolutely heavenly”. We are also happy to heat that you enjoyed your afternoon tea in the Garden Room of our hotel. Finally we are delighted to learn that you shall return to the beauty Rooms, for any information and reservations, please do not hesitiae to contact Suzanne on sking@castletroypark.ie

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The first thing I have to say is that as we approached the hotel I was a little concerned because it seems to be located in a small kind of industrial park type setting which was far from the impression I got from their website or from the image on Tripadvisor site, but hat was the end of any misgivings I had for the hotel.

I knew the hotel was going through a renovation period and that was fine, as previous reviewers have said some of the hallways and carpets are in need of replacement but obviously this is a work in progress.

Our room was fine, it was clean and the shower was good, there was a fridge which because of our smally was ideal. it was however extremely warm and the air conditioner didn't seem to have any effect, we slept with the window open and that was fine.

The staff in the hotel were fantastic.
I have to say everyone we interacted with were friendly and good at their jobs, a real credit to the hotel.

We ate twice at night in the hotel bar and the food was really good, plenty of options on the menu and not just your run of the mill bar food, very impressive. We also had lunch one of the days and again it was top drawer.

The breakfast was really good.
Full buffet with plenty of choice for hot and cold and there were also specials on the table.

One fault but I honestly think it's a world wide if not Ireland wide fault.
Please please cook your rashers for longer!
I know I'm not alone with liking my rashers crispy to the point of burnt but I understnad thats not everyones cup of tea but for some reason hotels seem to just cook the rashers the bare minimum, some customer research here I'm sure will point to a minute or two more in the oven!

We would definetly stay here again.
Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear PJP_Mumble

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you found our hotel room and bathroom to be clean and that you enjoyed the shower pressure in your bathroom.
We were delighted to read that you found the food on offer to be of a very high standard and that the menu was both good value and with ample choice, with a special mention for our breakfast buffet with choice of both continental ,full Irish breakfasts and an additional à la carte menu. In relation to the rashers please in the future do not hesitate to ask one of our waiters and they shall happily have chef cook your rashers to your liking.
Thank you also for complementing our team members, costumer care and attention to detail are of upmost importance and are part of our customer promise.
Finally thanks you once again for taking the time to review our hotel, for any further information and future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Kind regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
Absolute Hotel
#2 of 3 in Castletroy
Clayton Hotel Limerick
Clayton Hotel Limerick
#9 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Castletroy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!