“Top Class Limerick Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Castletroy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castletroy
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Limerick, Ireland
“Top Class Limerick Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment we walked in the doors until the moment we left, the Staff and management catered to our every need. From the start booking our room with Lisa who was so helpful to us. Margaret on reception was so friendly and helpful to us during our stay. The bar staff, Michelle in particular was super. Such a friendly bubbly girl. We had a great laugh with her, a real asset to the company. We went for dinner on one night of our stay and the food was fab! Every bite was divine! Breakfast on both mornings was hot and accompanied by the prompt friendly service of Bernie, a real gem. It was so hard to believe that during our stay the hotel was almost full. Everywhere was immaculate! There was a great buzz about the bar! I have stayed in a couple of other Limerick hotels but the Castletroy Park is ahead of the game. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will most definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear 658aidand,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to read such a positive review that complements or team so nicely. We are delighted to read that both Lisa and Margaret were so helpful both at the reservation and again when you arrived and during your stay. We are again delighted to read that you found our team members to be polite in other departments such as the bar.
Thank you also for complementing the food that you enjoyed in McLaughlin’s restaurant, we are also happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast that was served by Bernie who has been with the Castletroy Park hotel since it first opened its doors.
Finally thank you for also complementing our accommodations team who work tirelessly to keep our hotel clean and presentable.
Finally thank you for stating that the Castletroy Park is your hotel of choice when staying in limerick we look forward to seeing you again, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our reservations supervisor (lofarrell@castletroypark.ie) who will be delighted to assist you personally with any future reservations.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stay here on business once a month. The rooms are clean and spacious. The food is good with plenty of choice. The buffet breakfast allows you to have either a light choice or the Irish full breakfast to set you up for the day. The staff have been very friendly at all times and very helpfull. The only negative is having to remember to get the Wifi code each day. It would be good to have daily and weekly codes, but it isn't too difficult as staff are quick to help. There is a choice of light bites in the lounge area and the meals in the dining room at night are delicious. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Pat A

Thank you for your review, we are delighted to receive such a positive review from a repeat customer. Thank you for complementing our bedrooms which you described as “clean and spacious” and our breakfast offering which now includes both pancakes and a fish dish.
Thank you also for complementing our team who are really invested in customer care their aim to provide personalized service with a smile and we are delighted to read that you appreciate their efforts.
The WIFI has now been solutioned and multi day passes are now available on checkin and the WIFI remains a free service in our hotel.
Finally thank you for complementing our light dining which is available both in our bar and in the infamous garden room.
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you back to the Castletroy Park, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our reservations supervisor personally either by phone on 061-508760 or by mail on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie for all future reservations.

Kind regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This iconic hotel has been around for a long while in this quiet residential part of Limerick. It is my first time to stay in the hotel although I have visited here often in the past since it is close to the University of Limerick Concert Hall.
The rooms are spacious and clean and the food is good. Unusually today, one can actually open the bedroom window to the outside air! The staff are especially courteous and helpful and nothing seems to be any problem. The costs are reasonable and my bedroom was quiet and comfortable and really conducive to a good night’s sleep.
Breakfast was good in a reasonable sized dining room. One thing I liked here is this establishment seemed to have made a success of the hot buffet, which is usually a big let down. The chafing dishes or bain-marie that they use to keep the food hot are used effectively and these are placed at a useable angle so that they can be opened and closed by the customer without getting a handful of steam in the process. I opted for the Eggs Benedict on one morning recently. I was a little disappointed that the so-called “Limerick ham” was of the shop-bought sandwich-filling variety and not the home-cooked meat I expected. It looked and tasted unattractive. The eggs and the sauce were very good however, but why let the dish down by serving one inferior ingredient. I am looking forward to my next visit however as everything else is so good. One word of warning: my Garmin GPS (even with its up-to-date map) failed to deliver me to my destination and I had to consult my map….. It was worth it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gretry
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Have just returned from Limerick & can't recommend this hotel enough! I was travelling alone with my 16 month old daughter & they were so helpful and made my trip so much easier. I booked directly with the hotel & dealt with Lisa O'Farrell who was amazing and made sure everything we needed in our room (cooler & travelcot) was there when we arrived. Breakfast was gorgeous & we spent a lot of time in the pool too which was lovely & warm for my little girl. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Limerick, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I cannot speak for the rooms but I had quite a negative experience with the food service in the bar at lunch time on Thursday 27th of February.

The food was ok but they forgot one of our only three orders and one member of staff who saw us trying to grab a waiters attention visibly ignored us, began cleaning the glasses at the bar, then the stools, then finally asked us if we were ok. Service was very slow and It seemed extraordinarily difficult to get basic service like get given menus and get our orders taken, we had to ask both times as we were waiting so long.

When I was leaving I asked the receptionist, who was quite friendly, for a way to make a complaint, she gave me an email address for the bar manager lousie who I later emailed. I got no response. I was very disappointed in the customer service here and would not recommend eating there even if you do decide to stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eoin K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent rooms, friendly and very helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. The evening meals and the breakfasts were excellent. We didn't use the pool this time but hopefully next time. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent rooms, friendly and very helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble, modern up to date Conference facilities which made it easy to present slide shows and computer presentations. The meals on both nights were excellent and the breakfasts outstanding. The colour scheme in our bedroom was very relaxing and the bathroom spotless. Nothing but good feedback from our group. We are looking forward to our next visit. "We will be back".
L & F

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JGriffinFrontHouse, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Limerick502014

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Thank you for taking mentioning our team and their adaptability, our team has a special focus on customer care and it is evident from your review that we have been successful on this occasion.
The Castletroy Park Hotel is a busy hub and you are correct to mention that on weekdays we have quite a high demand for business rooms that each have audio and visual demonstration capabilities.
Thank you also for mentioning your dining experience that you described as “excellent” and “outstanding”.
Finally thank you also for mentioning our newly renovated bedrooms which are to be found on our second floor and are available to reserve both over the phone and online.
Again many thanks for your kind review; we also look forward to welcoming you and you reunion back to the Castletroy Park Hotel for future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me personally on jgriffin@castletroypark.ie.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
Absolute Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
#5 of 20 in Limerick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews

Been to Castletroy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!