“wonderful as always”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Limerick, Ireland
“wonderful as always”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

i recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in the last few weeks. i have stayed here before ..... myself and a schoolfriend often meet up and we always stay here. we have stayed here in the past and always have had a very enjoyable experience from relaxing in the conservatory with a glass of wine to going for a swim in the hotels leisure centre. i could not envision the hotel could improve yet with the recent refurbishments it has brought the hotel up to date with its more modern decor. while we stayed we had the pleasure of witnessing a marriage ceremony taking place on the grounds of the hotel. i was very impressed at the professionalism of the staff dealing with this and also the ideal location for and outside ceremony in the hotels garden. keep up the good work i look forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank neady84
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear neady84

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are delight to read that our property is your hotel of choice when meeting your school friend. We are delighted to read that you take the time the different amenities that our property has to offer from relaxing in the conservatory with a glass of wine to going for a swim in in our twenty meter indoor pool.

We are also delighted to read that the recent renovations of our property are to your liking and that you find the new décor tasteful.

Finally thank you for complementing the professionalism of our different team members who together have tried to raise the standard of customer care and client satisfaction available in our property.

We do hope to see you again at the Castletroy Park Hotel for any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact “Lisa” our reservations supervisor at lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Clearly undergoing refurbishment as the public areas were modern clean and beautiful. My bedroom however was tired and dated. The fuse in my room blew and I was left without electricity, but the minute I reported it it was fixed!

Breakfast was high quality and I liked the hot food being made to order rather than been left in buffet trays.

Perfectly fine as a business hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank loopysilvette
Dear loopysilvette,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our property, we are delighted to read that the extensive renovations are to your liking, A large percentage of our bedrooms have indeed been renovated and the images of these rooms together with the older “classic” rooms are available on our website and the third party websites that sell our property.

Although the older “classic” rooms are still available at a discounted rate the rooms marketed toward the “business” travelers are our newly renovated Executive rooms.

Finally thank you for complementing our decision to change our mid-week breakfast from buffet to service, this was motivated by reviews both in-house and on tripadvisor.

Finally we hope to see you back at the Castletroy Park Hotel, for a personalized reservation please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our reservations supervisor on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

Reviewed 14 July 2014

From the first moment we walked into The Castletroy Park Hotel to view it as a possible venue for our wedding, we fell in love with it. It was new, modern, fresh, cosy and yet the bar had that old style feature which blended lovely with the new look.

The team looking after us in the lead up to our big day took note of even the smallest details of what we wanted. The attention to detail was unbelievable and the final touches made such an impression. They had a real genuine interest in ensuring our day would be perfect. Nothing was too small or too big a request. There was only one way things were done at The Castletroy Park Hotel - the right way! They ensured on the actual day that everything went perfect!

Feedback from our guests has been excellent, with some saying they will definitely be returning to The Castletroy Park Hotel. The wedding meal was absolutely 100% perfect and we have received lots of compliments with regards to it. The Bridal Suite was fantastic.

We found all staff (reception, bar staff, waiters / waitresses, housekeeping) to be very nice and polite and helpful at all times. A huge thanks to them all.

Our day was perfect and we felt as if we were the only Bride & Groom The Castletroy Park Hotel ever had - they made us feel that special. The function room was amazing with all the blue lights and chair sashes and candles left lighting all night.

We know that any future Bride & Groom at The Castletroy Park Hotel will be in very safe hands. Ye make a great team and as mentioned earlier all the staff at The Castletroy Park Hotel make the whole experience for a Bride & Groom just perfect.

Thanking you all so much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear lkjg

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review, we are delighted to read that our “genuine interest” and our attention to detail with regard to your wedding have not gone unnoticed.
At the Castletroy Park hotel each wedding is different, tailored to the wishes of the bride and groom.
Customer service is one of the aims of our property and this is why no request “is too small or big”, we shall always do our best to please.
We are delighted to read that the feedback from your guests has been very positive, we were also delighted to read that that the bridal suite was to your liking.
Finally thank you for recommending our property for future brides and grooms, we hope to have many a special day to come where we partake in a truly special occasion, what is one of the best days of your life.

County Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Castletroy Park Hotel in Limerick for two nights (Mon & Tues). My first impressions were good, as the lobby was a good size and looked nice in appearance. The staff on the desk seemed friendly and helpful. The hotel charge was €120 per night for one person, which included my dinner (3x course meal and breakfast). I was given a room on the first floor, non smoking, looking onto the walk area garden and smoke area for customers. My first impressions of the room, was that it was very dated and old looking (pictures attached), with a 21 lcd tv, with basic Irish channels. It was however clean, but the shower/bath tiles were a bit grubby in appearance and dated doors and furniture, not what I expected for €120 per night, they did provide you with a WIFI key (included in the cost).

I went to have my dinner in the restaurant, but I was told I needed to order from the bar menu, as the restaurant wasn't open (this was 5.45pm), the desk area staff said that it may not open tonight, due to the hotel not being that busy, so I booked my 3x course meal in the bar, which was just ok in taste and limited in choices, due to being the bar menu. The staff in the bar were friendly, but I did spend sometime explaining to them, that my meal cost should be on my bill ( included deal ). The bar in appearance looks like a café, not really like a pub, again dated but its clean.

The real winner is the gym and pool which are a good size and well equipped.

My disappointment was with the hotel fire alarm, I finished work on the first night approximately 2am and went to bed, only to be woken up by all the fire alarms at 6.20am, the alarm carried on so I quickly got dressed and went out to the corridor with all other residents staying in the hotel, then the alarm stopped. We all waited for a approximately 5-10mins, before returning to our rooms, we called the desk to be told it was a mistake and the girl make a joke about... some of the guests were not impressed... anyway at this stage I just stayed up and went down for breakfast, which was a buffet (nice hot food), very limited health options (fruit), but it was better than the dinner.

On the second day, other work colleagues staying in the hotel for one night, just b&b with no dinner, they only had to pay €66 per night (same type rooms). Again on the second night, I had to eat in the pub/lounge as the restaurant was not open, as a colleague joined me with the same meal, his total cost of the meal cash was just €26. I was not impressed, as I was being charged €120 per-night. So a word of advice, do not book dinner with your room, when booking into this hotel, as it greatly inflated in price, compared to what you will pay in cash.

Word of warning did also have a issue with my final bill, checking out of the hotel, were they tried to charge me twice for dinner in the bar. The strange thing was also, my colleague had the same issue, when he was checking out...

Also on the second day, the hotel realised the mistake of the fire drill and left an apology note in my room (screen shot attached)

Overall, I have very mixed feelings about this hotel... it is dated/old, a good gym and pool, standard food, clean, a bit lacking in professionalism regarding costing and emergency events, it's ok for a one night stay for €66, but no way worth €120 a night for the food....

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank B P
Dear PB

Many thanks for taking the time to write the above review, Although there are many truly positive points in your review I would like if you contact me by mail to further discuss a few points outlined in your review as our hotel wishes to build on its standards for future guests.

Please contact jgriffin@castletroypark.ie

Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Recently had to travel to limerick for work and decided to make a short break out of it. I chose the castletroy park for its convenience to the university and to the loop road around the city.
Both nights were pleasant in the hotel- it was very busy on each evening, but the quality of the food and drink was not diminished by this. The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful. The majority of the staff in the bar/dining room were clearly seasonal staff who were still finding their feet-a little delay here and there, but everyone was very friendly. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear northern_highlights

Many thanks for taking the time to review our property, we are happy that you chose our property for your short break in Limerick city.
Thank you for complementing our attention to detail together with customer care even when our property is busy. We are happy that you found our team on the reception to be helpful and welcoming.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castletroy Park Hotel, for a personalized reservation please do not hesitate to contact Lis our reservations supervisor directly by mail on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped last weekend for Sunday lunch which we had in the bar. One dinner came minus the vegetables and no sign of anyone after that to ask for more, it came in at 52euro for lunch for 2 adults and 2 kids, price included mains, one drink and one starter, no desserts as they couldn't be ordered due to lack of staff. Food was tasty but definitely room to improve. There was a barbecue out the back of the hotel but no signs to indicate if it was a private function or open to all. Bathroom facilities are good and clean with wheelchair access and baby changing facilities.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rehamred,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I would be most grateful if you could write personally (jgriffin@castetroypark.ie ) so that I could get some further information concerning your visit.
Please note the problem that you encountered is not a regular occurrence and therefore we shall take steps to ensure this does not reoccur. The team and management at the Castletroy Park Hotel would be delighted to see you again in our property.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spent a fantastic weekend at the hotel recently for my sister's Hen Party. The accommodation and meal were excellent as was the value for money. The staff could not have been more helpful both during the planning and run up to the event and during the group's stay, nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend the hotel for hen parties and for a stay in Limerick in general.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Rear Rachel L

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review, we were delighted to welcome your party to our property. Thank you for complementing our hotel as being “excellent value for money”. I am also delighted to read that our team were most helpful planning your event and again when your party was in our hotel. Finally thank you for recommending our property for parties coming to this area.
We would like to wish the bride and groom to be a fantastic and memorable wedding day and indeed a long life of happiness.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
Absolute Hotel
No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
The Savoy Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
#5 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Castletroy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!