“Relaxing stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kildare, Ireland
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Lovely hotel, great value, friendly staff. Rooms were cleaned daily, family rooms quiet spacious, beds very comfortable. Food was excellent, plenty of choice. Good family hotel. Good location 5 minute drive from limerick city centre.

1 Thank Eils2244
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Eils2244,

On behalf of our Team and I thank you for such a nice review, Thank you for complementing our “Lovely hotel”, our team and the excellent value for money on offer in our property.

We are delighted to read that you found our bedrooms to be comfortable, spacious and clean.

Our property as you have pointed out is a short drive from the city center whoever we are located directly opposite the University of limerick which is tripadvisor’s number one attraction for our town.

Finally we hope to see you and your family in our property in the future, for a personalized reservation please does not hesitate to contact Lisa our reservations supervisor by mail on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent a couple of nights here and found the rooms comfortable and clean ! The staff were friendly and helpful and were attentive without being intrusive. The DInner menu was varied and interesting, and the diningroom staff were efficient and very helpful . Food was well proportioned and tasty. Breakfast was served the first morning by a charming young girl who was on work exp. From a local School and she was great! The second morning it was buffet. Was very good both days ! My only gripe is the location! Car is a must, nothing within walking distance except a ghost Town!

Room Tip: Far away as possible from the bar
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sean N

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We were happy to read your kind complements with regard to your room, our team and their approach to service, and our different dining facilities.

Finally our property is located a few minutes from the city center and this is indicated on all websites however the hotel works closely with two different taxi companies to insure the fastest service possible service a bus route also passes the front door of our hotel offering a very frequent rotation of buses.

Finally I hope that you had the time to visit the University of Limerick which is Limerick number one visitor attraction, offering its center for sports excellence and various walks and bike tracks through their beautiful grounds.

We do hope that you return to our property in the future, for a personalized reservation please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our Reservations Supervisor on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the Castletroy for a wedding and enjoyed it very much. Our room was very comfortable, with three beds for three adults. There are tea & coffee making facilities and room service is efficient. We had a problem with the telephones which was addressed and fixed straight away. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Family members staying in a room for 'disabled' found it basic. Management assured us this was to be addressed in their refurb! The breakfast was tasty and ample. Food in the bar was good. The price was fair and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room though friends who stayed near the lifts said it was noisy.
Green Features: Average, nothing out of the ordinary was evident, other than towel washing efficiencies
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear norflondoner2011

Thank you for you review of our property, we were delighted to read that you found our family rooms to be comfortable, and that the amenities that were provided in your room were to your liking.
Please accept our apologies with regard the telephone problem that you encountered however I am happy to read that this problem was immediately rectified.
Thank you for complementing our team who are clearly focused on client service and satisfaction.
In our refurbishments there are plans to include eight accessible rooms however in accordance with health and safety these must be on the lowest floor and are therefore planned for the first floor renovations.
Thank you also for complementing your dining experience, and complementing our food as being good value for money.
Finally our property has been awarded the Ecolabel Certificate for our many green features many of which are not always evident, we have installed a CHP unit, use both LED and low wattage bulbs, we separate our refuse (clients included) so that paper, glass, metals and other refuse can either be recycled or disposed and in our offices we have taken many positive steps to reduce both energy and printing which has been reduced by almost half.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stopped here quite a few times for a feed on the way to Thomond Park, but it had been years since I stayed.

My fiancee and I stayed here for one night while heading to the rugby in Limerick. The hotel is decorated really nicely and to quite a high standard. The reception staff were efficient and friendly and kindly sent up a new kettle when it tripped the switch! The rooms are spacious and the beds comfy. Delighted to find it equipped with an efficient air con system.

The food in the bar was nice and quite good value. My seafood linguine was a little spicier than I expected, and the fajitas are disappointing to be frank. The tortilla's were hard and chewy and I am pretty sure the chicken and my pasta were cooked in the same sauce.... The bar staff were very friendly though.
Breakfast was a bit disappointed. Some very greasy food and not very helpful when I asked for some poached eggs. Very few healthy options on the continental breakfast and virtually no fruit available.

The hotel is located outside Limerick city a bit, but it is not too far, and worth it to not end up in dodgy part of Limerick (which has happened me before! See review of Malton!!!) Plenty of free parking available too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Orla B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, We are delighted that we were your hotel of choice when visiting limerick for a rugby event.

Firstly thank you for complementing our team and their friendly and courteous disposition.
We were happy to read that you find our renovations to be tasteful and comfortable, complementing the genourous size and comfort of our bedrooms. We ate happy that you also noticed that we have installed independent air-conditioning and heating to each bedroom.

With reference to your meal in our bar and breakfast in our restaurant, would you please be so kind as to contact me by mail at jgriffin@castletroypark.ie so that I may ask a further question and rectify a potential problem.

We hope to see you again at the Castletroy Park Hotel, for a personalized reservation please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our Reservations Supervisor by mail on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

To be honest I thought the hotel could have been better.
Breakfast was fairly average. The side plate on my table had a hair on it.
The room we had was only ok. From the description of it I was expecting it to be more plusher.
The broadband in the room was not great.

• Stayed April 2014
Celbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had to travel to Limerick on short notice in June and I found an excellent value deal for one night at the hotel. We've had lunch in the bar many times before on arriving in Limerick, but this was the first time we actually stayed at the hotel. The check-in experience was lovely, very friendly and welcoming. We had lunch in the bar, the food is always lovely. We didn't have dinner at the hotel that night but had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant, and I loved the décor and vibe. The breakfast itself was lovely, great choice and really enjoyed it, and kept thinking to myself, that I hope to have dinner there on a return visit. There is also a gorgeous conservatory area where we have had coffee and light bites a few times before and again, I love the décor, the colours and furniture are all really tasteful. I am back-tracking now to reception area, but need to mention the lobby is also decorated lovely! Great colours, and there is just such a warm welcoming vibe to it. I also got a chance to have a quick swim, and found the leisure staff to be very helpful and friendly (I was cutting it fine to fit in a swim before they closed up). Again, I look forward to returning and having more time to check out the gym etc.but from my quick walk-through everything seemed fine and the gym was a good size, as was the pool. Lastly, the bedroom was nice and welcoming, traditional décor although I understand there are still some renovations being done, so the bedrooms may get updated, but I have to say I was happy as there is something about this hotel which makes you feel at home! Exactly what I like when I visit a hotel and I personally would agree that it lives up to its 4 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
James G, Director of Sales at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Pollyhop

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, Needless to say we are very happy that having used our different dining facilities you decided when travelling to limerick to use our property.
Thank you for complementing your different dining experiences whilst staying at the Castletroy Park Hotel, both lunch in our (now newly renovated) bar and Breakfast in our Mc Laughlins restaurant.
Thank you also for complementing the renovations to our property, complementing the choice of colors and renovations as “warm” “tasteful” and “welcoming”.
We are happy that you had the time (although limited) to enjoy our leisure club however we do hope that when you return to the Castletroy Park hotel that you will have a bit more time to enjoy both our leisure club and the beauty rooms.
Finally thank you for paying us what may be one of the nicest complements, offering guests a home away from home is what hospitality is about and we are delighted to have touched you in this way.

For any future stays please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our reservations supervisor by mail on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I was at a wedding in this hotel. I booked a family room for 3 family members. The room was a little small and basic but it was fine for the small amount of time spent there. The gym/pool facilities were good and were a great addition for the morning after.
The highlight for me was the food. I know that menus depend on the happy couple, but our meal was top class. I had monk fish wrapped in Parma ham. The second choice for a main was beef. There were no complaints at our table about that either.
Anyone planning a wedding in the Limerick area should consider this hotel. Easy to find, accessible parking, pool facilities, great food, good atmosphere.

Room Tip: family room consisted of two single beds and a double
1 Thank RachidIreland
Dear RachidIrland

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and paying many complements such as it being “easy to find, accessible parking, pool facilities, great food, good atmosphere”.
We were delighted to read that the highlight of your stay was the factastic food at the wedding event itself. The choise of the menu is indeed up to the bride and groom and they have chosen well given your detailed review.

With regard to your room reservation, our family bedrooms are all to be found on the first floor of the hotel, these rooms are to be renovated in the near future to reflect the more spacious and comfortable bedrooms already renovated on the second floor.

Finally thank you for complementing our hotel and recommending it for future weddings, we hope to see you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa our reservations supervisor by mail on lofarrell@castletroypark.ie

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
Absolute Hotel
No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
The Savoy Hotel
The Savoy Hotel
#5 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Castletroy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!