“Good hotel, great staff.”

Kilmurry Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castletroy
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed in the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel recently for just one night and found it ideally situated for Limerick University, which is easily within walking distance if required. Although parts of the hotel could do with a little redecoration, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, and the room we stayed in was very clean and fresh. We also had an evening meal at the hotel, and found the food very good, and well served. Breakfast the following morning was also very good, the staff again very relaxed but efficient. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Kilmurry Lodge.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 February 2012

Hi wynkin,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review. It is with great pleasure to note that the hotel staff that you dealt with were both friendly and efficient. I will be passing your comments onto the various department heads and I shall speak with the owner in relation to the redecoration. Finally we appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you to the Kilmurry Lodge in the near future,

Reviewed 10 February 2012

There really isn't much good or bad to write about the Kilmurry Lodge. Its very predictable, kinda like a Holiday Inn. The last room I had there was on the ground floor, so I couldn't leave the windows open and it was stuffy. Its close to the University. Another reviewer said it was close to the airport. Shannon airport is 45 minutes away, not close in my book. The bar is good. A classic Irish pub.
On another stay, a few years ago, someone had climbed to the roof and was attempting to enter my room via the window. When he saw It was occupied, he fell off. I rang the desk, who rang me back after I had fallen back asleep, to tell me it was a drunken student and I shouldn't worry! Ah sure, it'll be fine.

I'd say, unless the the location is important, there are many other fine hotels in Limerick, some at a lesser price.

Breakfast was buffet with dried scambled eggs - ah, come on, gimme a decent fry-up, will ya!

You can do much better for the price

Room Tip: None of he rooms I've ever stayed in had anything resembling a view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
KilmurryLodge, Son to Proprietor at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Hi DublinBanjoMan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. However I am somewhat disappointed in reading the account of your stay with us. We take great pride in offering value for money here in the Kilmurry Lodge, while also offering a distinctively unique hotel experience, one in which provides our customers with a sense of warmth and friendliness in addition to quality food and comfortable accommodation. I am concerned as to why and how you didn’t encounter these experiences, with the exception of your visit to Nelligans bar.

In relation to Shannon Airport, the development of the new motorway and the Limerick tunnel has decreased the journey timeframe from Shannon to Limerick significantly. 25 to 35 minutes from the airport to the hotel, by car, has come to be the norm.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is through such reviews that we try to evaluate our position within the industry and gain a greater consumer insight. Should you at any stage wish to contact me in relation to your previous stays or upcoming stay, please email me at, jack@kilmurrylodge.com

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed just one night but wished it had of been longer! From the moment we checked in the Staff were more than helpful, pleasant and approachable. We chatted to Jack (owner's son) and he really made us feel welcome. The Rooms are a good size, beds comfortable and the bathroom was clean & adequate. We also ate in the Bar, food was "plain" but well cooked and perfectly acceptable. We will ceratinly be back and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear aefb,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is with great pleasure to read such kind words about the hotel, the various departments and the staff you encountered. We very much appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you in the Kilmurry Lodge in the near future.
I apologize for the delay in replying, I have been waiting for my account registration to be verified by TA,

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We made the Kilmurry our base as we visited the University of Limerick and then on to Dingle and Doolin. The staff was excellent - friendly, accommodating and helpful. We arrived very early and our rooms were ready, as promised. By our third checkin over ten days - they welcomed us, knew our names and who we were looking to meet. The rooms were large, clean and decorated tastefully. A short cab/bus ride from Limerick City. A full breakfast is included and there is a restaurant for drinks/lunch/dinner. Some issues with the wifi connection but the staff offered the computer at the desk anytime we needed it. Excellent choice.

Room Tip: The room at the end of the hall - I think it's 116 - has a sitting area with sofa and tables. No...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear AnnKate,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review and I really hope we helped in contributing to an enjoyable vacation in Ireland. I have passed your comments onto the various heads of departments, who also take great pride in such reviews. I was concerned to note you had trouble with the WIFI in your room but it was great to note an alternate solution was found.

With regard to the WIFI, we have as of early this year, updated to a managed wireless network system. This is available throughout the hotel bedrooms, lobby area and in Nelligans bar.
Lastly, I do apologize in the delay of my reply, I wanted to reply with our full confidence in the aforementioned WIFI network,

Thank you once more from the kind review and we do hope to see you in the Kilmurry Lodge in the near future,

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We spent five nights at the Kilmurry Lodge and we couldn't be more impressed with the service. The front desk, especially Lisa, bent over backwards helping us find tours, museums, restaurants, etc and arranging taxis. The pub in the hotel has great food, and a good Irish breakfast was included. The hotel and rooms are not fancy, but they are immaculately clean and attractive. The room was enormous compared to the other hotels we stayed at in Europe, with a sitting area that was perfect for the crib for our infant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
KilmurryLodge, Son to Proprietor at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Hi rsalsamendi,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review. We are delighted that you and yours enjoyed a memorable stay at our hotel. I will of course be passing on your compliments to all staff in the hotel and in particular Lisa at front desk. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and we hope to see soon at the Kilmurry Lodge.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in a very spacious family room. Lovely hotel and friendly staff. Very welcoming and cozy hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Hi DyzellSA,

Many thanks for your kind review. It is with great pleasure to read such reviews and to note that you enjoyed the 'Irishness' of our hotel. We hope to welcome you to the Kilmurry Lodge in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just stayed here for one night, passing through the area. The receptionist was so friendly and booked us in right way, as we'd no reservation. The room was lovely, quite spacious and very comfortable. All the usual accoutrements provided in the bathroom, unlike the place we'd stayed the night previously. And, bonus, powerful hairdryer provided! At breakfast the following morning, there was plenty of choice, and everything was very tasty. All for only €79, on a Saturday night! Great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrelandElle_42

Hi IrelandElle_42,

Many thanks for posting such a kind review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to read such comments on the various departments and to note that you felt their was great value on offer. I will of course be passing on your compliments to all members of staff throughout the hotel. We hope to welcome you to the Kilmurry Lodge in the near future.

Jack

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
Castletroy Park Hotel
Travelodge Limerick Castletroy
Maldron Hotel Limerick
Maldron Hotel Limerick
#14 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Kilmurry Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!