“Good family venue”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Castletroy
Mayo, Ireland
“Good family venue”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Visited here recently for food after a funeral. The staff could not have been more helpful or professional in their dealings. We had the freshest sandwiches and the tastiest soup I have had in a long time. Plenty of everything. The room we were assigned for the function was old world charm itself. They staff and management of this lovely family style hotel made a sad occasion more bearable

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
KilmurryLodge, Son to Proprietor at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Fredbetty,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a warm review. I was pleased to read that everything went smoothly for you and your family last week, and that our standards were as they should be. Thank you once again for your lovely compliments and we look forward to welcoming back to the Kilmurry Lodge on your next visit to Limerick,
Jack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Albany, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We were visiting our daughter as she is studying abroad the University of Limerick for the semester. We booked a family room as my two older children and wife were accompanying me. The room was very large and very comfortable, with plenty of closet space and very large bathroom. The staff of the hotel were extremely accommodating and were all very friendly. The restaurant and bar prices and food were all very good as we at breakfast daily and had a nightcap daily. The bus stops directly in front of the hotel so travel into the city and beyond was simple. I travel very often for work and stay in Marriott's all over the US and I would say that the Kilmurry Lodge was comparable if not better!

Dear mkar99,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I was happy to read that we played our bit in contributing to an enjoyable vacation. Thanks again for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you to the Kilmurry Lodge on your next visit to Limerick,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I found this hotel thanks to trip adviser reviews. My daughter had a training camp in near by ul so I booked in overnight with my wife and granddaughter we were given a very spacious family room. The room was well equipped with everything you would need.the food in the bar was lovely and the bar it's self had a great atmosphere unlike most hotel lobby bars. I would have no problem recommending this hotel and its very helpful staff to anyone who finds themselves in limerick.

Room Tip: The rooms are on two floors and spread out away from the bar area so I can't see any problem wit...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
KilmurryLodge, Son to Proprietor at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Joe F,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review of your stay at the Kilmurry Lodge. I was delighted to read that everything was to your liking and that your stay was enjoyable. I look forward to passing on your compliments to all our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kilmurry Lodge in the near future and many thanks for your kind recommendation,
Cork
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Spent a great weekend here. Roy behind reception was incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location in relation to the university. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Thomas C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Kilmurry Lodge. I was happy to hear you were looked after in a helpful & courteous manner and I have passed on your compliments to Roy. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Limerick and many thanks for your recommendation.
Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Had an overnight recently and was delighted with the warm welcome on check in at reception.My room only rate was reasonable and the bedroom itself was warm and cosy.Internet complimentary and fast.Decided to have breakfast which was buffet style and was freshly prepared ,varied and well stocked.Had the joint of the day in the bar and was served Bacon with all the trimmings.Very nice meal.Bar staff however still very unattentive and were more focussed on the TV than the patrons.Minor flaw ,no biggie.Overall hotel is maintained immaculatly in difficult times. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer bed type as some matresses are very hard.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
KilmurryLodge, Son to Proprietor at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2013
Dear curaghill123,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review of your stay at the Kilmurry Lodge. I was delighted to read that so many aspects of your stay were to your liking whilst also noting your comment regarding the bar, which will be addressed immediately. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kilmurry Lodge on your next visit to Limerick and thank you once again for the kind recommendation.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Kilmurry Lodge Hotel recently as we were attending a Munster rugby match at Thomond Park . Our room was very comfortable if a bit on the small side compared to more modern hotels . It was also at a perfect temperature , unlike some others which can be too warm . We had toasted sandwiches and drinks in the hotel bar , quality and service were both very good . There is a bus service ( 5 Euro return ) from the hotel to Thomond Park which is excellent value . I would advise using this service earlier rather than later , as traffic builds up in city centre closer to match time , and it then takes a long time ( ~ 40 mins ) to get over there . Overall , we found this hotel to be excellent value if you are staying over for a match !

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank noellysull
KilmurryLodge, Son to Proprietor at Kilmurry Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear noellysull,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel. It was pleasing to read that we contributed to an enjoyable match day experience. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Limerick. Munster Abu!!
Gorey, Ireland
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and daughter and I stayed here for two nights recently and we were extremely happy with the wonderful stay we had at Kilmurry Lodge.

The staff were excellent. Everyone from reception, the bar and the breakfast room was very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice with a comfortable double and single bed and the en-suite bathroom was good with a great shower. The wi-fi was a welcome benefit for my daughter.

We had food in the bar one evening and the quality and service was excellent although it was a Saturday and quite busy. It was one of the best bar meals that I have had anywhere.

We really enjoyed the character of the hotel with plently of little quiet areas with couches and chairs where you could sit and relax. It was certainly more pleasant than some of the sterile 'new' hotels which can be rather soulless.

We were in Limerick to visit my daughter who is at UL so we were looking for a hotel that we could come to with confidence time and time again. The location was good just off the Dublin Road and with plenty of shops etc nearby.

The price was also good

I would certainly recommend this excellent hotel and look forward to returning again in a few months time.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KevKel67
Dear KevKel67,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay at the Kilmurry Lodge. I look forward to passing on your comments to the various department heads and many thanks for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you to the Kilmurry Lodge on your next visit to Limerick.
Jack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castletroy
Castletroy Park Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Woodfield House Hotel
Woodfield House Hotel
#11 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Kilmurry Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!