“A visit To Italy while still in Poole.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Broadstone
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Franco's Bar & Restaurant - Serving Fine Italian Wines with Traditional Italian & Sicilian Food, from Pizza/ Pasta to an extensive A la Carte menu, not forgetting Franco's Specials Board - just like Mamma used to make !! The perfect location for a Special Mediterranean Night, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“A visit To Italy while still in Poole.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have eaten In Franco's twice in three weeks. If you like genuine Italian thin crust pizza this is the place to go. (I hate us style deep pan - far too much bread.) Franco's deliver the real thing with generous fresh toppings, delicious side salads and a good range of wines. All the staff I met were Italian ex-pats, friendly and generous with their time- especially when it came to talking about World Cup football (they had a telly showing the Italy v. Costa Rice match when I visited). Great ambience inside plus outside tables to dine while the sun sets. Definitely, my kind of place and a great asset to Broadstone.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Poole, United Kingdom
“Looking a bit jaded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went here for a business lunch, didn't book but that wasn't a problem. There seemed to be just one man there and the lights weren't even switched on, but to be fair he was friendly.

Inside the place is looking a bit jaded and could do with a new carpet and decorating.

We chose spinach and ricotta canelloni and meatballs. Both dishes tasted fine although I think the canelloni had been microwaved as it was blisteringly hot.

It probably looks better of an evening with low lights and I would imagine there would be more atmosphere too.

Overall for around £30 for food, drinks and coffee it was OK but nothing to write home about.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AngieP49
Poole, United Kingdom
“anniversary meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Franco's to celebrate our anniversary, it was our first visit to this restaurant, a busy Saturday evening. First impressions were that if it was busy it may be that all I had heard was true but in truth it was a little overcrowded and lacked the intimacy we would have liked. Starters I had soup which was supposed to be minestrone but was nothing like it. For mains I had a ham and mushroom pizza, my wife had salmon pasta which looked nice and my wife couldn't finish it as it was so rich. For sweet we had the orange sorbet which was the highlight of the night zesty and sweet served in the orange skin the perfect way to finish a meal.
Overall the food was good but not outstanding service was very good with courses being brought out as soon as you had finished the previous course made you feel a bit hurried. I would go back but perhaps not for a special occasion.

• Visited March 2014
Poole, Dorset
“Blues Brothers tribute night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was a return visit to Franco's as we had been before and we decided to try the tribute night. The food was a little disappointing ,the starter was o.k, but the calzone was mediocre and cold,it lacked true Italian flavours and seasoning.
We had a bottle of red and white wine with our meal , it was o.k but not full bodied as you would expect from good Italian wine.
The Blues brothers were good and sang lots of soul songs and were good at inviting the guests to join in.
The highlight was at the end when Terry Nash switched to Meatloaf and sang several songs as an encore, he was superb!!
Overall £170.00 for four, very expensive and not good value for money!!

• Visited May 2014
england
“Italian meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Took the family lovely place inside small but nice. The kids starters looked good & they say it was ok only problem we had was 2 starters came out then we had a wait for a couple of mins while he then served another table there drinks then he decided to bring the other 2 starters out that also happened with our mains as well. Kids both had pizza they found it a bit hard to cut but they say it tasted fine. I had chicken with spinach & cheese was not to my liking that much & the sauce was like the chef had poured a whole jug over my chicken way to much sauce. But my chicken was lovely, but my husband had chicken but a different dish and said his chicken was very tough. We had veg way over cooked . Yes its ok but not brilliant we have had better so I have to say we will not be going back.

• Visited May 2014