“Lazy”

Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Franco's Bar & Restaurant - Serving Fine Italian Wines with Traditional Italian & Sicilian Food, from Pizza/ Pasta to an extensive A la Carte menu, not forgetting Franco's Specials Board - just like Mamma used to make !! The perfect location for a Special Mediterranean Night, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
“Lazy”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I went to this place on at the weekend, recommended by a friend. The service was lazy and we waited ages for drinks, food and every aspect of service was lazy and none of the staff seemed to be aware of the dining room. No one checked during the meal if we needed anything, which we did, or to ask if the food was okay which it was not. Two staff spent most of the night chatting to people at the bar. The food was not hot and they somehow managed to make a pizza that had no taste which is an achievement I suppose. They claimed the pizza dough is made fresh which is absolutely was not. It was clearly frozen it was vile. I would not recommend this place in any way.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Paul S

“Lovely Italian meal”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were staying in the area for a couple of days and were recommended Franco's by our B&B. Well, we weren't disappointed. The welcome was friendly and the food great. We had olives and garlic bread for starters and the Fettuccine Salmone and Risotto Pescatora (seafood) for mains. The portions were ample and the food very tasty. If I had one critisism it would be that the garlic bread needed a little more garlic; other than that - perfect. Thought the wine was a little on the expensive side, but that applies to most restaurants these days. Overall a very good experience and if we are ever in the area again we would most certainly eat here again. It might take a while to enjoy the £20 off loyalty card, however!

• Visited August 2014
Wimborne, United Kingdom
“A visit To Italy while still in Poole.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have eaten In Franco's twice in three weeks. If you like genuine Italian thin crust pizza this is the place to go. (I hate us style deep pan - far too much bread.) Franco's deliver the real thing with generous fresh toppings, delicious side salads and a good range of wines. All the staff I met were Italian ex-pats, friendly and generous with their time- especially when it came to talking about World Cup football (they had a telly showing the Italy v. Costa Rice match when I visited). Great ambience inside plus outside tables to dine while the sun sets. Definitely, my kind of place and a great asset to Broadstone.

• Visited June 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Looking a bit jaded”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went here for a business lunch, didn't book but that wasn't a problem. There seemed to be just one man there and the lights weren't even switched on, but to be fair he was friendly.

Inside the place is looking a bit jaded and could do with a new carpet and decorating.

We chose spinach and ricotta canelloni and meatballs. Both dishes tasted fine although I think the canelloni had been microwaved as it was blisteringly hot.

It probably looks better of an evening with low lights and I would imagine there would be more atmosphere too.

Overall for around £30 for food, drinks and coffee it was OK but nothing to write home about.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AngieP49
Poole, United Kingdom
“anniversary meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Franco's to celebrate our anniversary, it was our first visit to this restaurant, a busy Saturday evening. First impressions were that if it was busy it may be that all I had heard was true but in truth it was a little overcrowded and lacked the intimacy we would have liked. Starters I had soup which was supposed to be minestrone but was nothing like it. For mains I had a ham and mushroom pizza, my wife had salmon pasta which looked nice and my wife couldn't finish it as it was so rich. For sweet we had the orange sorbet which was the highlight of the night zesty and sweet served in the orange skin the perfect way to finish a meal.
Overall the food was good but not outstanding service was very good with courses being brought out as soon as you had finished the previous course made you feel a bit hurried. I would go back but perhaps not for a special occasion.

• Visited March 2014