“Nice & spicy”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I took my wife to Tiien Thai last night. We were seated by the window which gave me a view of the wall above the window, which was in dire need of repainting. This did not give me confidence of a good evening. We ordered drinks, J2o and Tiger beer. Although the menu offered draught beer there was only bottled, at a slightly higher price. Still feeling unsure we ordered mixed starter, soup and main course. When the starter came it was very well presented, verry hot and tasty. My wife was extremely happy with her Wanton soup and my Tom yam soup was spicey and full of mushrooms, chicken and veg. Duck with Tamarind sauce was my wives choice, with which she was delighted. I don't blame her, I tasted it and it was superb. I had Chicken Phad Thai, which they spiced up a little for me and was wonderful, although the smell did not reflect the taste. It tasted better. Neither of us could quite finish the main course, the portions were ample. All in all a verry good meal with excellent service. I can recommend it. Total cost £67.45

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Been to Tien quite a few times now. Really polite and friendly staff, food is really tasty and you can go extra hot if you want the spice! We are local and this is the nicest Thai restaurant in the Bournemouth and Poole area! See you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely evening, the food is superb!!
Great atmosphere and service from the attentive staff. I would
Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone !! It is a great venue for all occasions and celebrations.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We visited as a group of 14 including unruly children. The service was spot on and how the waitress got the order correct was a marvel. The food was aromatic, well presented and very tasty. A thoroughly enjoyable experience if a bit noisy. They do cater for large parties and the acoustics in the building are quite poor.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited midweek at the end of May. Tiien Thai is a modern Thai restaurant serving high-quality food in a comfortable and spacious environment.
Service was prompt and efficient. Menu was consistent with most Thai restaurants I've tried, with a few additions. I particularly liked the Goong Talai starter - 5 steamed prawns served in individual dishes with a spicy sauce and mint leaf. Mains (in this case Chicken and Cashew stir fry) was also very good.
All in all a very good, enjoyable meal. Well worth a return visit.