“Faultless!!”

Daniels Fish & Chips
Ranked #11 of 19 Restaurants in Broadstone
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Broadstone branch includes both a restaurant and a takeaway.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stopped by off chance for take away fish and chips, but used the restaurant instead. Just totally refurbished, the restaurant is spotless, without the gaudy posters and prints. Choice of meals at set prices including specials for kids and senior citizens. We chose the set cod meal, served with proper chunky chips, large flaky cod in a crisp batter, choice of mushy peas, beans etc, served with a fresh crusty roll and butter. Also included in the price a glass of wine, or beer or a choice of hot or cold beverages. Service quick, attentive and friendly. Total price £20 for two. No room for a pud I am afraid as portions are generous. We would certainly visit again, and wish the new owners the success they deserve.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Decided to try this fish and chip restaurant on our way back from Bournemouth airport. It is very nicely decorated but what a disappointment the meal was. We both had the meal deal and the fish was extremely dry and chewey. The chips weren't that good either. Sadly we will not be using Daniels again but will return to Chez Fred at Westbourne where we have always found the meal to be excellent.

1  Thank Lyn W
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Yuk!! By time got home the thinnest batter I have ever seen had completely fallen off fritter and was just a collapsed mess. Chips were tasteless. Come back Longs, all is forgiven!!

2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The lunchtime special is fabulous. The batter on the fish is soooooooo light & crispy. Chips are just right too. Love being able to eat in, but it's great for a take-awy too.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I visited Daniels in late December and treated my Mum and partner to cod and chips and haddock and chips X 2. The whole place looked good with all clean and fancy decor and plenty of staff what looked as if they knew what they were doing. The fish and chips smelt fantastic and couldn't wait until I got home to devour it, [especially paying over the normal price] it should taste out of this world !
WELL, at first bite of my haddock was chewey and dry, thinking it was because it was from the end of the cod. Then second bite sealed the fatal blow. It was - dry, chewey and tasteless. Mum's Haddock was much the same. My other halfs 'cod' was fine, but the chips were dry and looked like yesterdays leftovers. I wonder if they had fish that were freezer burnt or out of date when defrosted. These nuvo fish restaurants should stick to proper chippys that taste fab and not overpriced. I thought it might be good to try seeing as 'Daniels' at Hamworthy was nice tasting. Shame 'Creekmoor Plaice' was closed for their holiday, but they will have my trade from now on.

It's such a shame, because it's got the nice look to be a good chippy, but complacency goes with these chain resaurants.

1  Thank Chris D