Crackenback Farm Restaurant & Guesthouse
Snowy Gums Chalet(Smiggin Holes)
US$556
  • Bar/Lounge
US$67
Rydges Horizons Snowy Mountains(Jindabyne)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Perisher Valley Hotel(Perisher Valley)
Barrakee Lodge(Perisher Valley)
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssnowy mountainsski tubeoystersguest loungepork bellyan easy drivewild brumby distilleryticked all the boxesa great nights sleepother guestsa lovely place to stayopen firerooms are smallhorse ridingdays skiingsized bedstayed here for one night
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This place is very personal. The staff Paul and Jodie were great . The rooms are small with a queen bed and a loft for the three boys.
The food is the standout at the farmhouse. Very cosy in front of the fire with a wine while the kids watch some TV in the room.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank GBHTaranto
Reviewed 13 March 2014

On a recent trip to the Snowies, we were very impressed with the hospitality and attention to detail that we experienced at Crackenback Farm. I found the actual building designed by the famous Glen Murcutt particularly interesting, with it's clever use of timber, stone and glass.There is a cosy lounge area with a large open fireplace and with comfortable sofas, ideal for a nightcap. (can't wait to return in winter). Unfortunately we didn't get to try out the restaurant (only because we were invited for dinner elsewhere), but it certainly looked very inviting. (next time!) The wine cellar was also impressive, (you will find out why if you happen to go there)!
With regard to the local area, there is plenty to keep you entertained... Jodie informed us about i a great farmers market right next door at crackenback Cottage. There is also an amazing Snapps Distillery a 10 minute walk away. We picked a rainy weekend so unfortunately didn't get to take advantage of the great walks in the area.
Breakfasts included freshly brewed coffee, a smorgasboard of breakfast goodies plus a fabulous cooked breakfast whcih kept us going for the rest of the day.
( I let an item of clothing behind which was posted back to me which was most appreciated.)

Room Tip: Our room (number 5)had a double or queen sized bed (very comfortable) and a mezanine with some single beds. it would be ideal for a small family if they wanted somewhere reasonably priced for a few days skiing at the nearby resorts. The bedroom we had was compact, but cosy and there are plenty of spaces in the rest of the guesthouse to lounge around including a very nice open fire for those chilly nights.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay very much!

The owners were wonderful and very welcoming. They could not do enough to make our stay comfortable. The made sure we had everything we needed to climb the mountain and lent us a backpack. We had a great night of cards in the bar!

The food was outstanding and as new owners they are doing a fantastic job. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We highly recommend this place as somewhere to stay both in high or low season. Laid back and super friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was very much looking forward to my 3 night recuperative stay, however, felt a little let down by the experience.. There seems to be disparity between the website and the actual...rooms, very small, tired with very basic furniture, no fridge; no bath robes, no afternoon tea, and the pool, spa, way to cold to enjoy. My room was adjacent to the bar area and I was disturbed by noise from the TV. My greeting from one of the owners was less than enthusiastic, unprofessional, no offer to help with bags, failing to induct me to the nuances of the place...resulting in me being locked out one afternoon, with no-one in attendance. I am resourceful, so found a way in! The gardens were in a state of disrepair... it was such a shame as he place place has enormous potential. I have just returned from travelling in Europe where I experienced exemplary service and facilities for a much more affordable rate.
The breakfast was lovely however...and of course, I enjoyed the Snowy Mountain surrounds.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank piri d
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband surprised me with this for our anniversary and I was very happy as I have always wanted to stay at a B&B. The service was excellent and the room was nice and cosy. The whole place is beautiful and has a good rustic feel. It makes you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in. We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and the food was delicious! We would definitely stay here again. We would love to take the kids here as our room was a little loft with beds which were accessible via a ladder.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple