“Wonderful place to ride horses”

Horse Riding at Pender Lea
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A group of us went for a two hour ride in May. Linda and Nev have a team of very good horses who are responsive, well trained and reliable. Oh, and the countryside they have access to for the rides is beautiful. I highly recommend this place if you want a more interactive experience with your horse and don't want to just play 'follow the leader' on a bored horse.

1  Thank WayneandKaren_55

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Lovely horses, cared for, beautiful setting, knowledgeable guides. Def recommend. Helped our 2 small kids have an awesome experience too

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at Penderlea and ended up doing a 2 hour ride on the day we were leaving. You get a little discount as a guest so that was nice.

It was a lovely ride, the beautiful horses were very calm and responsive, a friendly guide and beautiful property to ride through.

The only negative was that the ride was about 1.5hours rather than 2 but it was still great.

1  Thank ClmcLaugh
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I recommend you book early as Nev is really busy - and so he should be with such wonderful horses - have never been on a Ride on such well schooled horses. Everyone in the group had good ponies/horses. Just a knee movement to guide them was all that was needed. I scored Isobella who by all accounts could lie down and die on command - needless to say we didn't try this! I had vowed this was going to be my last try to go trekking - previously I've been given horses that simply can't think for themselves and follow the leader. Not so with Pender Lea's horses. All free-moving, happy, intelligent horses. Great work Nev. I really look forward to visiting the Snowy Mountains again and riding with you.

1  Thank Greennz
Reviewed 12 April 2012

guides were fantastic, calm horses. Great value for those staying at pender lea. Definately worth doing

1  Thank jgrant666