Lake Crackenback is a great location for a trip to the snow. Close to the ski tube and Thredbo resort.
The Alpine Larder is a very good place to eat/order pizza with friendly staff …especially Ashleigh. The Cuisines serve breakfast and is what you would expect for a buffet style breakfast. There are plenty of things to keep the kids busy … if it is not raining. 21 Stockwhip was just right and the heating work really well.
The things that I did not like were:
the fact that you had to pay for internet and it was expensive and the 3G is slow …. Maybe it was a good thing as it kept the internet at bay! The linen seemed to be stained and “dirty” clean which is a bit off putting….
The cleaning crew move around in an old landie and I noted that the clean towels where laid on the dirty floor/spare tyre in the back.
There was only ever one person on reception and every time we went there, there was a queue which was annoying.
The ski shop folks where lovely but there only appeared to be one expert and the other 2 whilst friendly and helpful did not really seem to know what they were doing. When I returned the ski equipment I was ignored for about 10mins in the return area with staff passing by an not even acknowledging me.
Whilst the resort credits covered most of the food bill, I found the resort a bit over priced for the 2 night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the border of the Kosciuszko National Park, Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa is a natural playground nestled in the Thredbo Valley surrounded by the spectacular Snowy Mountains. Just 15 minutes from Thredbo and Perisher Resorts. Its unique setting and many complimentary activities appeal to both couples and families to relax and absorb the scenery or experience the many mountain activities on resort and in the local area. Lake Crackenback is a perfect base to explore the region from sightseeing, local attractions, snowsports in winter and the many summer activities including walking trails, mountain bikes, Segway Eco Tours, canoeing or fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Lake Crackenback Hotel Crackenback
- Novotel Thredbo Village
- Jindabyne Novotel
- Accor Lake Crackenback Hotel