My boyfriend and I stayed at lake crackenback on a ski weekend and had a great time.
This resort deserves 3 and a half stars but as that's not an option and I don't want to be mean it will get a 4!
Overall I think this resort is a good option for anyone budget conscious. You will love your accommodation, here's a quick run down if you're thinking about booking:
My boyfriend usually stays on the slopes and we'll be doing this later on but you pay the price of less plush accommodation and higher rates. This resort really is the next best thing. The shuttle bus is awesome! The drivers are really chilled and drop you home to your place. You would be an idiot to drive to the tube, the bus goes an express way and gets there in around 3 mins. Super easy.
The rooms are really really nice! Underfloor heating, gas fire, king bed, modern bathroom and kitchen. Absolutely flawless! You won't get this on the slopes for under a grand a night, if it even exists. We got a platinum studio chalet and loved the room.
Breakfast is bad... Sorry! The hot stuff was all a bit yucky, the Bain Maries were kept open the whole morning. It was pretty gross. I expected better considering how nice the accommodation is. Alpine larder was good, basic pizza/pasta.
WINTER CHECKOUT POLICY.
Don't count on a late checkout! The resort has a policy during winter that they don't do late checkouts! Completely understandable as it's a busy time, but this should be on the website and reservations staff should be aware of it. I've got emails from 2 weeks ago saying to ask reception for late checkout the day before, but then I was told about the no late checkout policy. Needs to be a consistent approach from all your staff on that one because I wouldn't have minded if I was told from the get-go!
If you want to save some pennies but still stay somewhere nice, I would recommend it! But bring your own food and use your lovely kitchen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the border of the Kosciuszko National Park, Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa is a natural playground nestled in the Thredbo Valley surrounded by the spectacular Snowy Mountains. Just 15 minutes from Thredbo and Perisher Resorts. Its unique setting and many complimentary activities appeal to both couples and families to relax and absorb the scenery or experience the many mountain activities on resort and in the local area. Lake Crackenback is a perfect base to explore the region from sightseeing, local attractions, snowsports in winter and the many summer activities including walking trails, mountain bikes, Segway Eco Tours, canoeing or fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Lake Crackenback Hotel Crackenback
- Novotel Thredbo Village
- Jindabyne Novotel
- Accor Lake Crackenback Hotel