“Terrible service with joe mkari”

Hotel Ehden - Al Mtall
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ehden
“Terrible service with joe mkari”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I was trapped by the snow and i came without cash i gave "joe mkari " the manager my credit card that could bye the whole hotel but "this 4 stars" hotel doesnt have the credit card service and we stayed the whole night outside in the car ... But my friend from la reserve hotel came to bring us with his atv in the cold heavy winds thanks for la reserve for his owner alphonce thank u but fadi khartout is a great person not like joe mkari

• Stayed January 2012

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Etretat
Reviewed 31 August 2011

this summer (2011) I came to Ehden since 2 years of my last visit. some friends had suggest Hotel Ehden as it is brand new. It was a very pleasant staying at the hotel. I was well received, the owners are very good and the team was very warming. it is a causy hotel, calm we feel at home in privacy. Most important it was very clean. I had great time with my family.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
rhode island
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We selected this hotel based on a friends recommendation so I can not speak to the previous review because our reservations were held without credit card info though we did provide it on arrival and it was accepted. I do agree that the lighting situation was annoying and there were some instances when it really bothered me - but it occurs throughout the area. I did enjoy our stay - 12 days - the staff was very friendly and helpful - especially when my son injured his knee. As for the amenities - the pool was not what was pictured but it was fine - This was my first trip to Lebanon so I did not know what to expect especially since we were visiting the villages in the area - so this hotel served our needs just fine.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank vsolo
Dubai
Reviewed 10 August 2010

First of all, the positives (there are so few)!
Hotel Ehden is indeed brand new (time of writing August 2010), clean, well decorated and generally a pleasant looking hotel located a short drive from the historic centre of Ehden. The rooms are spacious, pleasantly furnished, modern and spotless. The positives, however, stop there….

Alarms bells were already ringing when I initially tried to make the reservation. I was asked to go to a local bank in Lebanon and deposit the cash directly into the owner’s bank account which, given that I was calling from overseas, was absolutely impossible. I instead offered to provide my credit card details to guarantee the room, as you would expect to be able to in any ‘four star’ (quote their website) hotel. I was told that they could not accept credit card guarantees but was assured that the room would be held for me nonetheless. Subsequently my husband and I booked our flights to Lebanon. 48 hours prior to our trip, I received a phone call from Hotel Ehden informing me that the management could not guarantee my booking as we had not paid for the rooms in advance. When I explained that the week prior they had accepted my booking on the basis of a credit card number I was told that this was simply no longer sufficient. I then offered to make a bank transfer directly to the hotel. This offer was refused by the management who argued that the funds would not arrive into the account until after our arrival date (of course, had this been mentioned when I made the reservation more than 7 days prior, there would have been ample time for receipt of funds). Finally I was told that the only way my booking could be guaranteed was either by a) sending someone to drop the cash to the hotel (not handy at all when you are several thousand km away!) or b) by making a Western Union transfer to the owner who actually, for me, was nothing more than a random name who I wasn’t even sure was truly connected to the hotel or not. Eventually, at the 11th hour, we managed to arrange for a friend of a friend of a friend to drive up to Ehden and drop the cash at the hotel.

Hotel Ehden may well look pleasant but do not expect to sleep more than an hour at a time during the night! The hotel electrical power is partially supplied by the municipality and partially through the hotel’s own generator system. Throughout the day and night, at least once every hour the power supply switches from one to the other during which time the emergency lighting inside the room flickers on and off and an alarm sounds. I challenge anyone to sleep through this ridiculous racket! The next morning when the reception desk inquired whether we had slept well we were shocked to hear one of the staff members suggest ‘oh next time, you should simply unscrew the emergency light bulb’! as if, a) there would be a next time b) we would appreciate this comment after an expensive wasted night at USD 170 and c) it is advisable to disable emergency lighting from a safety standard perspective. Seriously, and you call yourselves ‘four star’?!

On a final note, the pool on the website (the photo with the palm trees and blue pool lounger cushions) is not the pool at Hotel Ehden. The pool at Hotel Ehden is the small narrow one with the white plastic pool loungers….false advertising indeed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DebsDebs

Travellers are raving about these Ehden hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ehden
Mist Hotel and Spa by Warwick
#5 of 7 in Ehden
Ehden Country Club
Ehden Country Club
#2 of 7 in Ehden

Been to Hotel Ehden - Al Mtall? Share your experiences!