This Marston inn is set in the lovely village of Rowsley in Derbyshire and Chatsworth House about 5 minutes away and a quaint flour mill and craft unit within walking distance ideal for ramblers. I can appreciate other reviewers complaining about the hot water but frankly we were a party of 12 occupying most of the rooms and we all chose to bath or shower at the same time and we didn't have any problems. Offering the usual pub menu we were satisfied with what we chose and the staff were very helpful, at breakfast we were served promptly and nothing was to much trouble. Complimentary drinks included tea, coffee, cocoa and ovaltine and a good selection of biscuits and bottled water available in the room. The rooms were comfortable and clean with spacious bathroom and flat screen tv and hairdryer. We paid £70 for a family or double room and enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th-Century Restaurant/Public House with 8 beautifully appointed double en-suite bedrooms. Situated just 1 minutes drive outside the Peak District National Park we are well situated for all local amenities including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, and the towns of Matlock and Bakewell. Nestled to the rear of the Pub, alongside the the River Derwent we also have 29 hard standing pitches with electric-hook-up to accommodate Touring Caravans and Motor homes and a separate Tent field, facilities here include Hot Showers, Toilets, Chemical Toilet disposal and Washing Up facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Grouse and Claret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grouse And Claret Hotel Rowsley
- Grouse And Claret Rowsley, Derbyshire