All reviews rotisserie chicken caravan park mixed grill scampi peak district nice lunch pub grub family room last weekend stayed for one night biscuits chatsworth house full english lovely location evening meal cooked to perfection an overnight stay
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We called in for lunch, mid-week, when there were very few people in the restaurant but we still had to wait longer than necessary for attention. Having said that, there was a good range of food available, the quality was good and the surroundings comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Paul and Tina D, Director of Sales at Grouse and Claret, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for the review :-) It can get extremely busy sometimes so im sorry you had to wait longer then necessary. Im glad you enjoyed the food and your visit. Ill pass the comments onto the team

Adam

Reviewed 25 June 2018

...shame about the service. Stayed as a group of 8 people, all staying at the hotel, and they were gracious enough to give us a discount on our evening meal: thank you. Food: quite nice. Bar service: Ordered a gin & tonic for the Mrs, had to ask them to remove all the water they had just scooped up with the last of the ice out of the ice bucket! She looked offended that I prompted her, but surely common sense prevails.... Also on one of the hottest days of the year so far, one person behind the bar, manager swanning around and loads of waiting staff doing nothing. People waiting all the time for service at the bar, not a good look.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Paul and Tina D, Manager at Grouse and Claret, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Mark

Thanks for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals, The managers on duty seat and greet as we can get very busy so show our customers to a table, they also regularly check on each waitress, bar and the kitchen to ensure that there are no wait times on food or that they may need help. and if help is needed in a particular area that can then put someone in that area to help, so may seem like they are swanning around but but I can assure you they all have a role to play, regarding the ice I will brief the team to change more often to avoid water going into customers drinks.

Hope to see you again soon

Regards

Paul Dalrymple

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Wife and I were on the way home through Derbyshire and were lucky to find this place. We were seated quickly and Jayne, our server could not do enough for us. Very enthusiastic and always had a smile on her face. She was very quick to help each table. She deserves recognition and I hope this review is acknowledged by management. The food itself was excellent and well presented, plentiful and reasonably priced.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thanks for your great review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed dining with us and I always pass on feedback and reward the team where necessary.

We hope to see you again soon

Paul, Tina and The Grouse and Claret Team

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this camping site last weekend 9th & 10th June and although the camping pitches were average size and grounds reasonably kept tidy we found no dog waste bins anywhere, then to top this was the disgusting shower rooms, I complained to the manager Paul Dalrymple who assured me there were big changes taking place and he would keep me informed with all the updates of refurbishment and as yet I have no email! This site charges £25 per night for this this kind of service !!! I am not happy and what a waste of money !!!

Stayed: June 2018
Paul and Tina D, General Manager at Grouse and Claret, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your review, as discussed on the phone I can assure you I did send you an email and will email you again when I have further more information regarding the refurbishment, we take a lot of pride in everything we do at The Grouse and Claret and are working with head office to ensure we offer the best facilities at competitive rates but as you can appreciate it can take time, it is not just a matter of replacing a few tiles etc, we are needing to take walls out to reconfigure the space.

Paul Dalrymple
General manager

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here two nights for a much needed break. Loved the look of the place as soon as we swung into the car park. Booked with Booking.com but other customers might consider booking direct as you get discount on the meals. We ate there the whole time as the menu was varied and nicely priced. First morning had full English which was really nice, second night continental which was ok but croissants very overdone and had to chase for orange juice, coffee and cups. It was a late breakfast but would still expect staff to check basics. Room and bathroom were lovely, big comfy bed and powerful shower in a cavernous bathroom. One gripe was a freezer motor chugging away all night outside at the back where our bedroom window was. It was hot and though there was a fan we had the bedroom window open for a through draught. It was reminiscent of trying to sleep on a ferry and I had trouble dropping off. That said these were minor niggles and I have no problem awarding the pub excellent.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Paul and Tina D, General Manager at Grouse and Claret, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi

Thank you for your 5 STAR review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Grouse and Claret. I will feedback all of your comments to the team. All of the rooms are getting a major refurb in September so may be able to do something about the fan or possibly get a portable air conditioning unit.

We hope to see you again soon