“Amazing wedding experience!”

East Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rowsley
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We booked East Lodge hotel for our wedding as soon as we saw the beautiful grounds and it suited our wish for an outdoor wedding perfectly. The staff could not have done more in the year building up to our special day and the weekend itself. We had exclusive use over the weekend, starting with a lovely afternoon tea for all our guests on the Friday (where we sat in the grounds for hours watching the fountain and the beautiful changing lights) right through to the HUGE and delicious breakfast on the Sunday.

The day itself went without a hitch and everyone was truly impressed with all the service they received. Sometimes wedding food can be a bit mundane - not here. It was all delicious and great care had gone into all of it, not to mention the amount of food. There was loads! We truly felt like East Lodge would have done anything we asked and dealt with any request.

Every single one of our guests was truly impressed with the venue, the food and the staff. I can not say enough about how wonderful the whole weekend was and it would not have been possible without the professionalism and expertise of East Lodge. Big shout out to Sam and Emma for their support. We had a fantastic wedding weekend and will be back for our anniversary - can't wait! Thanks East Lodge!

Room Tip: Everyone said they had a great room, but they especially loved the baths with TV's in!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Spent two nights at East Lodge at the beginning of August (our wedding anniversary). Everything just about perfect from the first greeting to our departure. Our room exceeded expectations and the restaurant food was first class. Of particular note was the friendly and helpful attitude of all of the staff. A perfect stay!

Room Tip: Our room was called 'Chatsworth' and offered super view of the grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff K
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We booked late so accepted the last room available and were delighted to find ourselves in a large spacious well serviced room. The grounds of the hotel are stunning and a pleasure to walk round. If we stay there again, we would like to sit on the terrace outside overlooking the gardens and try the afternoon teas as they looked lovely.

The evening dinner was absolutely first class with a fabulous menu to choose from and beautifully presented delicious food.

The service was courteous and professional and the whole dining experience was an absolute treat.

Breakfast was less formal and again, excellent service and tasty food.

The only drawback of our lovely ground floor accommodation was that it appeared to be next to a store room or service area, and sadly although our bed was very comfortable, we were both kept awake through the night with staff preparing for a wedding planned for the next day.
A delightful hotel we would like to revisit. Special thanks to Anna.

R & A

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gladyspipkin53
Reviewed 22 July 2013

stayed at this hotel before it was very good .But this time things did not go well we booked in to the room the best suite it was hot so I but on the air conditioning on and after a while water was coming through the ceiling they said it had broke down and not to let it get below 21 it was very hot so I complained and they said we can give you a new room but not as good I did move but the bed was very hard pillows not good duvet flat and hard the shower a joke I couldn't get in it I had to shower in a new room every night and morning . the English breakfast was average the staff was very good the I mean very good pity about the rooms some money needs spending on the rooms I was in. the shower in the other room I had to use was faulty to hot all to cold

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daveanthony
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We ate here for an 80th birthday and found everything to our liking. The staff were great, food very well cooked and the location superb. The gardens are a pleasure to walk around and I can imagine this is a wonderful wedding venue.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SUNLOUNGER123
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My wife and I had afternoon tea at East Lodge on 5th July to celibrate an anniversary. The hotel has great grounds and gardens and we were greeted very nicely on arrival. Sandwiches, scones and cakes were good but the cakes and clotted cream suffered from the heat in the conservatory. A case for serving clotted cream or butter on ice in very hot weather perhaps. We also had to ask for a second pot of tea.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cyril C
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at this lovely hotel before and was so impressed that I felt moved to write my first review on Tripadvisor. Having vowed to return, I did so this week. All was as before - excellent in every way - with the exception of the room which was the smallest room I have ever stayed in - if you are intending to go, beware of room 7 which should, in my view, be classed as a single room and not a double. You could book a superior room in order to avoid it although this should really not be necessary!

Room Tip: Avoid Room 7 which should really be a single rather than a double.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowsley
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Cavendish Hotel
Cavendish Hotel
#2 of 2 in Baslow
Rutland Arms Hotel Bakewell

Been to East Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!