“Truly outstanding venue, simply perfect in every way.”

East Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rowsley
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I got married at a East Lodge on Sunday 6th October 2013. The venue, setting, surroundings, staff, food,need I go on, we're truly wonderful. I could not have asked for more from anyone. My wedding day was perfect and the biggest contributing factor in making it perfect was East Lodge. I would highly recommend as a wedding venue, if a civil ceremony is what you are looking for. Excellent value for money, I had the silver package, with nothing skimped on, even the breakfast was amazing, right down to how the tables were laid in the morning. I simply cannot find a single fault with a East Lodge and nor do I want to.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Marystone

Reviewed 13 October 2013

After a few delicious afternoon teas at this beautiful hotel, I'm always very happy with the service from the staff they are always very warm and welcoming and can't do enough for you. Wherever sat in the comfy conservatory or outside in the beautiful gardens both are the perfect setting to enjoy the fabulous food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ragdolls35
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Could find no faults with this place, the food was excellent, service with a smile, clean accommodation and our wedding party thoroughly enjoyed it all. Wonderful gardens for the wedding photos and the whole place to ourselves meant that everything was controllable, even the weather behaved.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank the.kes
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Other than being woken at 4 30 am by someone stocking up the bar (next door to our room) it was a really lovely stay and somewhere we would recommend. Our room was lovely other than the rude awakening, the hotel and it's grounds were second to none and the chef is to be commended, the food was delicious, the breakfast menu was extensive and all guests we spoke to had nothing but praise. We did have a problem with the tv sorted immediately by the staff and nothing was too much trouble. The staff were friendly, professional and just excellent. A big thank you to all at the hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 15 a lovely ground floor room disabled friendly, comfy beds, large sitting area, tw...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kath C
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay at East Lodge. Whist I've had Sunday lunch there before, it's the first time I've stayed and it won't be the last! Room 14 was very comfortable with great views across the rolling fields. Bathroom was enormous!! Dinner on Saturday night was great, plenty of choice, very tasty and with great service. Indeed, the service from the staff was top notch from the moment we arrived until the moment we checked out.

Breakfast on Sunday morning again was superb.

Great location, nice gardens, great staff and we will be back.

Thank You!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spinner
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I recently had my 40th birthday tea party at East Lodge having never visited the hotel before but after a recommendation from a lady at Hassop Hall. What a fantastic place ! the pictures on their website don't do it justice as the gardens and hotel are very lovely.
We had afternoon tea for 34 people and 15 children and the staff and hotel coped brilliantly - nothing was too much trouble. We arrived early to decorate the room with bunting ect and they were more than happy to help us. The food was excellent and more than enough to feed my greedy friends and family.
We also booked a children’s entertainer to keep the kids happy and they were very helpful and took all the pressure off myself in getting him sorted.
My only grip is that I offered to bring my collection of vintage china to serve the tea on but was told that they already serve on vintage china - in reality they serve on modern white hotel china and vintage plates; not quite the same.
However I would be more than happy to go back to East Lodge and would highly recommend the venue.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VictoriaCheshire
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We spent 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at East Lodge. The gardens were glorious, the room was comfortable with Sky TV, the staff were helpful and the food was sublime. Day trips to Bakewell, Chatsworth and Monsal Head were wonderful. I'd love to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LJP31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowsley
The Peacock at Rowsley
Cavendish Hotel
#2 of 2 in Baslow
The Izaak Walton Hotel
Rutland Arms Hotel Bakewell

Been to East Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!