“PERFECT HOTEL AMAZING RESTAURANT” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of East Lodge Country House Hotel

East Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rowsley
Stourport-on-Severn
“PERFECT HOTEL AMAZING RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked this Hotel as we where meeting friends who lived in the area. I asked for a ground floor room and they where very helpful. When we checked in our room turned out to be disabled friendly room. A lovely Super Kingsize bed, a disabled wet room. Normally I don't book disabled rooms as they always seem to need lots of TLC, this was not the case. The room had its own parking and you could gain access from a backdoor into the room, with a ramp to and from the car space. As a disabled traveller I was very impressed with an up to date room where you had normal comfort's that normally pass you by. Our friends met us for dinner in the hotel. The restaurant was amazing, with helpful staff and excellent food of a very high standard. After a late start we went to a very good breakfast, its been a good whilst since I have had such a good hotel breakfast. We will book again if we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Skelmersdale, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

A very nice welcoming hotel, our room, no 14 was of ample size with a large comfy bed and a settee, full sky tv, the large bathroom also has a tv. The service was attentive and very friendly. The only negative I would say about our stay was the food, the quality could have been a little better, but it was the quantity that was the main issue a quarter flank of sea bass on a dollop of mash for £20 is a bit steep. I felt we were paying for the overstaffed dining room rather than the food, we've also had better cooked English breakfast's. We were on a 50% discount for our b&b I don't think it's worth £250 full price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John T
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked this hotel for two nights earlier this month via a website which said it was 50percent off a night.. making it a £125 a night BB. Its a very lovely hotel and a fab location, with lovely staff too. The breakfast alone is worth going for - there is a great choice and cooked fresh.
The hotel also provides you with 'walks' they've created. We tried one and it was excellent despite the wintry weather. Would be amazing in the summer.
The hotel also offers dinner - which appeared to be popular with non-residents. Good for a foodie happy to spend a hundred quid plus, but a bit too pricey for us (room booked for two people).
However, I would say £125 a night is not 'half price' - its probably a fairer price than £250 would have been. My view is that it should be nearer £80 a night. Its one thing I find about 'staycations' - holidaying in the UK seems to be more expensive than going abroad. If only the tourist hotels and destinations - including touristy towns like Bakewell - were more reasonable with prices for food etc many would choose to stay in the UK.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HATTER190747
Glossop, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked the restaurant Sat lunch 22nd Feb for four people.The hotel itself is beautiful and in a lovely position,the staff and service perfect.However the quality and quantity of our food was poor.Maybe we ordered wrong my sister and I had the salmon with new potatoes, at £15 one would expect more than two new potatoes mashed with their skin on(looked terrible I need to add) a very minute piece of salmon(fishfinger size)and three tiny leaves of kale.We could of eaten anywhere that day so why we chose East Lodge I have no idea.I just felt the need to put pen to paper and no we do not frequent food for the masses type of establishments but we do like quality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank basil98
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My daughter and son in law booked the restaurant for her 30th birthday and paid a deposit. We have eaten here before, had my daughter’s wedding celebrations here and have always been pleased. Due to there being 11 people in the booking we were asked to pre select from their menu. We received a receipt for the booking but no menu as promised; although they had totally misspelt my daughter’s name that was not a concern at this stage. When my daughter rang and spoke to the manager she received a very short response that “She” had been sent the menus as “she” had sent them herself! My daughter was very surprised and upset to be spoken to in such a way, her husband did call and give his feedback that they did not feel that they wanted to now have their celebration there and asked for a refund a full 17 days before the event. The duty manager apologised and agreed to return our deposit and tried to make amends but the original poor attention to detail and haughty manor totally poisoned our view of this hotel, I thought they prided themselves on their customer service. Time may heal but there are other places that probably want our business more.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Glyn P
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was just a stop over for us on business, but we do like good food and this has 2 AA Rosettes so this is why we booked it - that and some good reviews.

The staff are really welcoming and attentive, the room was clean and the bed was comfy!

Parking was easy and safe.

We had room 5 that overlooked the car park but it was fine for us as it was only a one night stay, it has a sofa as well as a lovely large bed, I had asked for fresh milk and that had been put in the room ready which I thought was a nice touch.

Dinner, if I am honest was not that great to be fair, my steak was over cooked and my Husband had the Pigeon which was rather tough.

We would stay here again as we had a very good offer on the DB&B.

Good for business stop over.

Room Tip: Room 5 has a large bed and a sofa. The view is over the car park.