“Return Visit”

East Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rowsley
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We made a return vist to East Lodge for afternoon tea to celibrate my Mothers Birthday and it was a good choice. It is an excelent location with fine gardens and a comfortable lounge for tea. Food was very good indeed and very well served, the staff do what is needed in a very friendly way but are not intrusive. There is a good slection of teas and our choice of English Breakfact may not be a universal choice for afternoon tea but it was great for us. We have taken afternoon tea in many extablishments but this is, I think, the only one we've chosen to return to.
We were greeted at the door on arrival and seen off on departure and made to feel that we were valued guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My now husband and I had our wedding at East Lodge recently and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food they served was amazing and all our friends and family we're incredibly impressed with the place, the people and the location. All I can say is it was that good, we want to do it all over again!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What a fabulous place for a special celebration dinner! We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome! My family of 10 ( including 3 grandchildren ranging from 7 months old to 7 years old) joined me for Sunday lunch at East Lodge yesterday to celebrate my 'special' birthday. The Derwent room in which we dined was perfect for our family meal. The food was was cooked to perfection and delicious! Having all pre ordered, the meals were served promptly and extremely efficiently so everyone was eating together. Nothing was too much trouble for the 'front of house' staff, be it organising more drinks or warming baby milk! Thank you to all the chefs, kitchen staff and 'front of house staff' for a very memorable day! We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We got married at East Lodge on Valentines day and cannot recommend it highly enough. From the moment we walked in to the Hotel when we were first looking for a venue the service was impeccable. The staff are absolutely superb. Nothing was ever too much trouble. (Right up to promising my fiancee they would "go fetch him" if I wasn't there on time, as she was staying at the hotel the night before the wedding) The hotel is in wonderful settings with beautiful rooms. The food is superb and the building is kept immaculate at all times. But the most impressive thing amid so many things was the staff. The default response of the friendly carding people there is " no problem" and nothing ever seems to be. If you are considering using a Hotel where you get all the facilities and exclusive use of the venue then East Lodge is a no brainer. Go book it now.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Rickman100
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked this Hotel as we where meeting friends who lived in the area. I asked for a ground floor room and they where very helpful. When we checked in our room turned out to be disabled friendly room. A lovely Super Kingsize bed, a disabled wet room. Normally I don't book disabled rooms as they always seem to need lots of TLC, this was not the case. The room had its own parking and you could gain access from a backdoor into the room, with a ramp to and from the car space. As a disabled traveller I was very impressed with an up to date room where you had normal comfort's that normally pass you by. Our friends met us for dinner in the hotel. The restaurant was amazing, with helpful staff and excellent food of a very high standard. After a late start we went to a very good breakfast, its been a good whilst since I have had such a good hotel breakfast. We will book again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A very nice welcoming hotel, our room, no 14 was of ample size with a large comfy bed and a settee, full sky tv, the large bathroom also has a tv. The service was attentive and very friendly. The only negative I would say about our stay was the food, the quality could have been a little better, but it was the quantity that was the main issue a quarter flank of sea bass on a dollop of mash for £20 is a bit steep. I felt we were paying for the overstaffed dining room rather than the food, we've also had better cooked English breakfast's. We were on a 50% discount for our b&b I don't think it's worth £250 full price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Booked this hotel for two nights earlier this month via a website which said it was 50percent off a night.. making it a £125 a night BB. Its a very lovely hotel and a fab location, with lovely staff too. The breakfast alone is worth going for - there is a great choice and cooked fresh.
The hotel also provides you with 'walks' they've created. We tried one and it was excellent despite the wintry weather. Would be amazing in the summer.
The hotel also offers dinner - which appeared to be popular with non-residents. Good for a foodie happy to spend a hundred quid plus, but a bit too pricey for us (room booked for two people).
However, I would say £125 a night is not 'half price' - its probably a fairer price than £250 would have been. My view is that it should be nearer £80 a night. Its one thing I find about 'staycations' - holidaying in the UK seems to be more expensive than going abroad. If only the tourist hotels and destinations - including touristy towns like Bakewell - were more reasonable with prices for food etc many would choose to stay in the UK.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HATTER190747
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowsley
Bagshaw Hall
The Peacock at Rowsley
#1 of 2 in Rowsley
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Rutland Arms Hotel Bakewell

Been to East Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!