East Lodge Country House Hotel
US$167
  • Breakfast included
Bagshaw Hall(Bakewell)
US$160
The Lathkil Hotel(Over Haddon)
US$110
Hodgkinson's Hotel(Matlock Bath)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsafternoon teawedding venuechef's tablebridal suitesconeslovely settingwonderful weddingbeef cheekslovely hotelwedding receptionlemon possetservice was excellentpeak districtfirst classattention to detailstaff were attentivesuperior room
Reviewed 5 November 2008

A thoroughly enjoyable two night break. We received a warm welcome and all staff were polite, friendly, approachable and very well turned out at all times. The room was well appointed, warm and most comfortable. All food was of a very high standard. We will certainly return to this hotel based on our experiences. Thank you to all staff for such a great weekend.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CabrioletQueen
Reviewed 24 September 2008

This is a homey, comfy, lovely place. Feels like a home. Rooms have slanted floors and ours had 3 messages carved in the window glass from the 1800's. Yet the cleanliness and modern bathrooms make it up-to-date. Our room lacked nothing except the closet was so close to the bed that only one person at a time could use it. Small complaint. Bed excellent. Quiet. lovely view. Pleasant grounds with a beautiful garden. Food excellent. Highest quality. Staff superb--warm, caring and professional. Great location. 10 minutes from Chatsworth. Not much more to Haddon Hall and Hardwick Hall.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2008

I think we were unlucky in some respects hence my average rather than above average
rating. The setting of the hotel is delightful and we were lucky enough to have good weather on one of our two days which enabled us to really enjoy the rolling lawns and well maincured gardens. We struggled a bit to find it as the signs
were a bit obscure from our direction, but there was ample parking and a valet service offered (but no valet on the day we
were there, and no-one to carry the bags). The room was lovely
we paid for a superior room and got it. Recently decorated and
elegantly furnished. Good bathroom with tub and separate shower, big towels ( although refolded after I folded them!
were not changed, I would have preferred to volunteer keeping them rather than having them made to look like they had been changed) No turn down service so I declined having all the trimmings put on the bed the 2nd night as I was the one who had to remove the trimmings (pillows, coverlet etc). There was (I found out later) confusion over our meal, but be prepared to wait and make clear what time you want to eat . Everything is freshly cooked. I really got the impression that the kitchen controls who has what when! I have been assured that the bag carrying and our dining experience was unusual, the restaurant has been voted the best in Derbyshire . Breakfast was very good , a good choice of cold and hot dishes.
A lovely area to visit and a comfortable hotel.
The room charges should reflect the service level, hence my detailed critique.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hilltop7
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I took two visitors from the USA to East Lodge for Afternoon Tea.
It was a beautiful day so we were able to sit on the patio overlooking the lake. The tea was gorgeous and beautifully presented . Staff were excellent.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Vonny1952
Reviewed 23 June 2008

My Wife and I had our Wedding reception at East Lodge in early June. We had the hotel for the whole weekend. This also meant we had to have all 12 bedrooms included in the price, which wasn't a problem as we both have big families needing somewhere to stay and were quite happy with this.
Every single guest that came to celebrate with us that day (120 in total), could not believe how amazing the place was....from the grounds, to the most delicious food that was served not only for the Wedding Breakfast but for the hotel guests all weekend (all inclusive with the price).
My wife and I are so happy we chose East Lodge for our Reception, and loved it so much we are going to stay here again...even though we only live 4 miles away!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple