“A birthday to treasure”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rowsley
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A birthday to treasure”
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I have to start by saying i have reviewed this hotel before but after having the pleasure to go again i felt i must say how good this hotel is.

We went to East lodge to celebrate Dad's 65th birthday. What a fantastic weekend,one we shall all remember for the right reasons.

The welcome you get at East Lodge makes you feel special,all the staff are very attentive from the boss to the waitress,nothing is too much trouble. The food was out of this world,i can recomend the braised beef cheek if it's on the menu.

The rooms are clean and well appointed with sky being a bonus.

I can't really say anything else,just try it for yourself!

I would also like to thank everybody at east lodge for making Dads,an our weekend so special.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobtash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
uk
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We decided to go to East Lodge after a horrible trip to York. Yes we know it's quite a way apart - we went to York for the day and had a let down at the Ibis .... we then spent quite a while driving round York getting more and more fed up (especially with the very smugg receptionist at the travelodge, quite rude for a receptionist) so we made a decision to drive down to the Peak District.
Great decision, wonderful friendly reception at East Lodge, cosy elegant room. Everything we needed and superbly quiet. Excellent bath and shower and such a comfy bed.
Very good breakfast although service was a little slow and we were left alone a bit too long. The one thing we liked the least was that the owner, his wife and family had breakfast in the dining room which we found a little uncomfortable. It just took the edge off the visit.
Checkout was very good and would happily return again but only at the "discounted" rate.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fluffybunny666
Halifax
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Once more we have had the pleasure of staying at East Lodge. As I have quoted before a piece of paradise in Derbyshire.
The weather was lovely so we could dine outside in the beautiful garen area. The staff do their utmost to ensure that your stay is stress free, and you leave feeling rested and relaxed. The room, as usual, was well equipped with everything you could possibly need, including an iron, and serviced to a very high standard.
It is a place we keep returning to because we have the confidence to know that it will be just as good as our last visit, and that is something that cannot be said about many places.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs-pie-bun
Derby
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I held a networking event for proffessional business women at East Lodge and it was great. My guests arrived and had a choice of white wine or elderflower soft drink with East Lodge staff on hand should they need anything else. My guests then sat down for a buffet lunch, which was one of the best lunches provided at any of my events. The staff then took my delegates on a tour of the hotel. I think East Lodge is a great place to get away, with a really relaxed atmosphere. I will definately be using East Lodge again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Eventsteam
London
Reviewed 5 May 2009

The hotel is set back from the road with views over the hills or across the garden. The staff are very welcoming and friendly. This is an excellent small hotel for exploring the Peak District and returning in the evening for a drink in the conservatory and some excellent food and wine in the restaurant overlooking the mature garden and pond. Breakfasts are very good and the rooms are spacious, quiet and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller118
Tideswell, Derbyshire
Reviewed 11 February 2009

A truely excellent hotel well worthy of its 4 star rating. The best hotel resturant I have ever stayed at and a most welcome and friendly service. Attention to detail was impressive.
Great location for Chatsworth House and the National Park.

Small hotel which is a far cry from the municipal treatment of many major brands.

• Liked — the whole expereince including the quality of the food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank markeygate
Belper, Derbys
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Having looked at several locations for our wedding we selected East Lodge. We fell in love with the venue immediately and the initial staff we had contact with were also very good. Throughout the whole planning process East Lodge staff were great. I made many (probably too many!) phone calls, visited on lots of occasions and was always made to feel important.

I decided to stay the night prior to my wedding with my parents. I stayed in the Haddon room and it was excellent. Although a little cold when I first entered the extra radiator already provided in the room soon made it very cosy. My parents were equally impressed with their room.

From the second I came down to breakfast (which was superb)on the morning of my wedding I was made to feel very much the centre of attention. The staff were excellent at calming my nerves and showing people to my room e.g. hairdresser, bridesmaid and photographer.

After the ceremony all of our guests commented on the fantastic venue. One guest told us that our reception drink of mulled wine was "the best ever!" The food was some of the best I have ever tasted and our guests could not tell us enough how much they enjoyed it.

The whole day was relaxed and brilliantly organised and at no point did we feel like "just another wedding". The staff really could not do enough to make it our special day. Although we had limited the amount of children present at no point were they made to feel unwelcome.

We had the gold package which meant that the hotel really did feel like ours for the whole wedding. All of our friends and family commented on the quality and comfort of the rooms. Our wedding flowers had been placed on the breakfast tables in the morning which was a lovely idea.

The morning after our wedding all our presents, flowers, disposable camaras, music CD, cake etc were neatly collected together making it so easy for us.

Overall we can't speak highly enough of East Lodge. We thank them very much for making our wedding perfect!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank travellerBelper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowsley
Bagshaw Hall
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to East Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!