“It"s Ok.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Elsinor Motor Lodge
moss vale
“It"s Ok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for 1 night recently.The motel is showing it"s age but it"s ok if you just want a bed for the night.The room we had was not flash but it was comfortable.I gave this motel a very good rating based on the helpful staff.After attending a function and returning around midnight the manager arranged access to our room.(only 1 key was available).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank holtipsfrombagz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

After reading the reviews on this motel I was not sure if I should book to stay here or go else where as the reviews were mixed.. So I must say I was rethinking as we were driving down... Upon arriving we were greeted by a very nice, happy, friendly gentleman who was more than happy to ensure we had a comfortable stay.. We stayed in the QS spa suite and it was very very clean and comfortable.. I must also say the room temperature was nice and warm, no electric blankets on bed (wasnt listed that there was ) but we didn't need them anyway as it was warm in the room.. Bes was very comfy!! Bathroom really clean, pool lovely!! The man from reception even delivered our dinner to us in our room Now if that's not good service what is... The only minor thing I found was the shower had extremely low pressure, a but hard to wash shampoo out... Other than that great value for money, staff were very friendy.. Definitely bring the family back again!! Go there and see for yourself!!

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Bed was clean & comfortable, but no electric blankets as advertised and nights were very cold. Internet was non existent and no assistance given to provide same. Did not use spa as not confident of the level to which it would have been cleaned after previous guests. Ample towels provided daily. Carpet with large stains. Covering on couch ripped. Room decor very dated. Small freezer section of fridge was totally ice bound and milk froze on first night. Traffic noise high from nearby freeway. Overall a very average stay in a room charged at very high price. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid this motel if internet connection is important to you.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gold Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, not many guests. While the décor is very dated the room was very clean, smelled fresh and had very comfortable furniture. The bedlinen was crisp and clean and the towels and toiletries were good quality. The large flat screen TV, microwave and provided cutlery provided everything I needed to relax in preparation for my work the following day.
The dodgy phone on the wall outside reception made me a little uneasy, but I shouldn't have been. The reception staff responded quickly and she was bright and cheery and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

I must say this was a quick booking. I had time to read through the reviews before we arrived, which did make me re-think of taking my family to this place!
However once in the room I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean & tidy!
The kids loved the pool, and the bbq was spotless.
Bedding was clean and crisp as where the towels.
Yes I agree its in need of a makeover, but for the price we where happy.
The only thing I could say is yes it was a bit musky when we walked in, but it was only that closed up smell, maybe management should leave a can of air freshner in the room.
Once aired out was fine.
Overall we where happy with our stay.
We would stay again!!! :-)

• Stayed January 2013
Port Macquarie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We Should have listened to the other reviews! A friend went and looked at the rooms and said they weren't too bad. That is rooms 1-6. The others are awful! The only window was the little one next to the door, room was dark all day. Bed lamps didn't work, Wardrobe door didn't slide, so I couldn't hang the clothes. We put it bak on the rollers but it wouldn't stay there. Entire wall and robe doors were all mirrored. Towels extremely well worn, Bathroom filthy! Long black hairs(5) on the basin, shower and bathroom floor. Bathroom very tiny & very grotty! Reception staff were not friendly and yelling and screaming came from reception most of the afternoon. Only motel in the area so no option but to stay there, Beds were only good thing. Our stay was not at all pleasant!

Room Tip: Ok for a double if you get room 1-6
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sally-1309
ElsyDapto, Manager at Elsinor Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
We were on holidays when Sally stayed with us and there were relief managers there at the time.I have tried to ring Sally to apologize to her.
I would like to apologize to Sally for her negative experience and to let other future guest know that we strive to have clean rooms and we have very friendly and happy staff and we ensure that our guests leave us happy.

Travellers are raving about these Dapto hotels

Nowra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

we stayed here 10 years ago then stayed again 1night recently ,nothing has been renovated since ,the shower hot water taked 5minutes to come through then it's boiling to regulate with cold water the hot stops this is dangerous , the kettle was dirty, the room had a smelly odour ,overpriced and overated will never stay again ....ever

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sarah355
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dapto
Sovereign Inn Wollongong
Jamberoo Pub & the Saleyard Motel
Normandie Motel
Normandie Motel
#8 of 11 in Wollongong

Been to Elsinor Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!