Sandycove House Bed & Breakfast
  • Pool
The Emmet Hotel(Clonakilty)
O'Donovan's Hotel(Clonakilty)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssandy coveb bwild atlantic waywest corkbredairelandremotebnb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights. The weather varied between gorgeous and sunny and foggy and windy but who cares, it was a gorgeous location notwithstanding the weather's changing moods. Our room was small but serviceable with a good sized bathroom, very clean with comfortable and warm beds. The food was excellent and plentiful. They have a multi-windowed conservatory which faces the sea, I could have sat there all day and night just looking out the windows. The pictures on B and B Ireland do not do this accomodation justice, it is actually much nicer in person.

Room Tip: I believe it is possible to request rooms facing the ocean but we wanted two twin beds so we faced the back of the house. Back of the house has a family suite with a shared bathroom between two bedrooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My Mom and I had the pleasure of staying with John and Breda at the Sandy Cove House last month. The views from the B&B are absolutely stunning and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. Just be aware that the B&B is quite a ways outside of both Skibbereen and Castletownshend, but we felt it was worth the drive. Walls were a little thin so there was quite a bit of noise from the surrounding rooms and people talking outside during the day, but it was quiet at night. Also highly recommend checking out the night kayaking trips that leave from Skibbereen through Atlantic Sea Kayaking... not to be missed!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

We booked months ahead for 3 rooms 2double with views of ocean for 5 people. I confirmed 3 times to make sure we had ocean views for our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrived and the hostess did not greet us she was busy talking outside so we went inside and called out. Her husband came out and to my surprise tells us they don't have the rooms all facing the sea. I showed my e-mail confiirming this. She comes in and tells me she didn't write me it must have been her husband. She informs me those rooms are taken but I saw through the window nobody had checked in the room yet. She said it was being saved for guests booked for 4 nights. Finally after I showed her the confirmation she gave us 1 room and a 2nd room my husband and I had to share the bathroom with another person. We are all about view that's why we booked this out of the way b&b. Next morning while ordering breakfast I asked for full Irish and yogurt she told me I wouldn't need the yogurt. Maybe she was having a bad day but I think I know why she avoided us because her 4 night booking would bring in more money. If you like views this tops them just get your booking in writing us we did. We stayed in Ireland for over 3weeks this was not the Irish hospitality we received in all the other B&B's maybe it was good we only stayed 1 night !

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank JLL-tapper
Reviewed 31 July 2012

.with sun , the view from the house is so nice ! only the sea in front of you!

But , with fog or mist , the house seems to be "the end of the world"! Of course not !It is just the last house before the sea !
Breda and John have a very nice house!
We enjoyed their welcome and their Irish breakfasts.

The bedrooms are very comfortable , nice and clean .
Very good adress

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was my 5th trip to Ireland. I always stayed at b&b’s or guesthouses with scenic views, but the Sandycove House’s location is absolutely stunning. You can gaze at the Ocean (and kormorans, and seals…!) just while sitting on your bed (provided that you’ve booked a sea-side room). The dining/living room is comfortable and equipped with full-length windows, so you can be lost into the seascape even when weather is not that fairy. Rooms are quite tiny but cosy and full equipped, breakfast is fantastic, the hosts, Breda and John, are friendly and attentive….so what more can you ask for? Free WiFi is another plus. I stayed here for eleven (11) days after a hard-working time, and came back home totally fit and relaxed. Therefore, in my opinion Jennifer C’s 2012 review is quite weird (everybody and uncle Joe knows that in Ireland you need small cars!)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo