1,359 results
All reviewsevening entertainmentage groupfine diningthe blue roomwarners breakterrace barsalad barstandard roomaverage agebistro restaurantballroom dancingdance floordining roomsgreat weekendmid week breakcoach triplovely grounds
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Having visited most Warners sites, but not this one, we took a couple of friends on their first Warners holiday and were somewhat apprehensive that it would be 'up to scratch'. We needn't have worried - we all had a really great time. The food at Holme Lacey is brilliant - best of any Warners we have stayed at, and the cooks and waiting staff were really friendly and professional. Nothing was too much trouble. The house and grounds are very impressive - large, well furnished public rooms, an excellent terrace that was used for entertainment when the weather was fine as well as beautifully sculpted hedges and well manicured gardens.
The staff were fabulous. When the hair dryer in our room didn't work at 7.00pm the maintenance man arrived in 5 minutes with a replacement and was a pleasure to deal with. The leisure and entertainments teams were totally professional and went the 'extra mile' to make sure we had a great holiday.
The best Warners yet - we will certainly go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClaireandJim
Holme W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Holme Lacy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your break on our page. I’m really glad to read that you enjoyed your break with us and I’m pleased that your friends enjoyed their first Warner Leisure Hotels holiday! Thank you for your kind comments about the food and restaurant staff, I will pass these on to our executive chef and restaurant manager to share with their team. Thank you for your mention of the maintenance, leisure and entertainment teams as well. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant departments. I’m so pleased that you will be visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holme Lacy in the future, see you then!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Completely enjoyable weekend break and even extended for a further night. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The entertainment team lead by David James were again wonderful, friendly and hardworking and they do everything possible to make sure you have a good time. Good weather is a bonus as a lot of activities are outside but when it did rain we were entertained indoors. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello there and thank you for your great feedback! I am really pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you decided to stay an extra night as well! We do have a great team at Holme Lacy and I am glad that you found us all friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the entertainment team to David James to share with his team. It’s great to read that you will be returning to Holme Lacy and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked a break to help celebrate my mum's 90th birthday we chose two signature rooms one a double and the other was a twin bedded room on the first floor overlooking the lovely meadows in front of the hotel. Outside our rooms in the corridor was a very comfortable seating area with a small library of books to choose from and a very well cared for fish tank, we were impressed in such a lovely idea. All around the hotel there are plenty of seats for guests to relax and some very lovely rooms with areas of tables and chairs. The hotel has a very clean swimming pool and sauna the pool was a little chilly im afraid but that didn't worry my daughter and myself. We were given a table for four people in the restaurant called the courtyard the room was busy and I felt the area around the carvery was too cramped as in front of the carvery there was a salad bar. My opinion is that because the majority of the clients are over 65 years old space is needed for the older generation to move around safely. The food was of good quality and the staff were very pleasant, a special mention to the restaurant manager a very happy lady who went out of her way to help my mum. The entertainment team were excellent lead by a very talented guy they really did work very hard and were hands on at mixing with the guests. Saturday night we watched a show by the Batchelor's they were excellent. The gardens are very well kept and are super to walk around, again plenty of seating areas. To summarise we had a fabulous weekend in fact I have booked for myself and my husband to celebrate his 60th birthday. Thank you warners you made my mum feel very special.

Room Tip: rooms 227 and 229 on the first floor were excellent both were shower only very good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire V

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your great review on our Trip Advisor page. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your break with us and I hope your mum had a fantastic 90th birthday! I am sure the lady you are referring to from the restaurant is Sonia and I will pass on your kind mention to her. Thank you also for your lovely comments about the entertainment. I am really glad that you enjoyed it as the entertainment team work very hard. I will also pass on your comments about the seating arrangements in our courtyard bistro to our restaurant manager for review. It’s great to read that have booked to stay with us again; we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Holme Lacy with our friends, but think they are cutting costs too near the bone and the cracks are showing. However, the boys and girls in the entertainment team were superb and very friendly and Jo actually taught me to jive. They work very hard and the shows they put on were really enjoyable. I agree the pianist leaves something to be desired but understand he is leaving shortly. Food was really excellent and restaurant staff were brilliant. Really attentive without being OTT. My husband has to have a gluten free diet and they did everything they could to accommodate it. We had a standard room with an enormous bed which was really good and kept up to standard by Pat our room maid. Also Alison needs a mention - she did all the quizzes and had a very bubbly personality and obviously loved people - good fun. Not too enamoured of the spa facilities. A friend and I had reflexology booked but the girl never turned up so it didn't happen. Nobody knew where she had got to - not very professional! A good few days were spent and most of the time, they try really hard to accommodate their guests.

Chris Talbot

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hello and thank you for your feedback. The entertainment team at Holme Lacy do work very hard and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them! I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and that the team catered for your husband’s dietary needs well. I’m very sorry to read that you were unable to experience the reflexology and I will speak to the Leisure manager in regards to this. I will pass on your special mentions to Jo, Alison and Pat. We hope to see you back at Holme Lacy soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just had the experience of a life time thanks to Mrs Tammy Quirk who works at Holme Lacey House Hereford. It was my wife's birthday and as an older person our family did not know what to buy her,so , unknowing to us all the family gathered around and "Chipped" in and bought a weekend for two at the above address. Our first comments were "Wow" when we saw the drive up to the hotel, lined with Rhododendrons. After about a mile comes what I can only describe as an upper gentry country house. Mrs Quirk met us at the door , showed us where to park,left our car keys with someone who took care of our bags, into what can only be described as an off shoot of Buckingham Palace, She then showed us our room, gave us an arrival pack. She then informed us to contact her on the phone if we wanted "Anything at all"

Room Tip: We could not find anything to complain about at all.The grounds and indeed the house were that extensive that we only saw more than six couples at meal times. All the meals were magnificent and cooked to perfection.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on our Trip Advisor page. I am very pleased to read that you had a brilliant stay and that your wife enjoyed her birthday break! I will pass on your kind comments to Tammy and we hope to see you back at Holme Lacy again in the future.