Castle House(Hereford)
US$330
US$96
The Pilgrim Hotel(Much Birch)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hereford Hotel(Hereford)(Great Value!)
US$108
PremierInn.com
US$112
US$78
US$65
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
US$163
US$77
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Castle Lodge Hotel(Ross-on-Wye)
US$90
US$111
1,314 results
All reviewsevening entertainmentage groupfine diningthe blue roomterrace barwarners breakstandard roomsalad baraverage agebistro restaurantballroom dancingcoach tripdining roomsdance floormid week breaklovely groundsgreat weekend
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Each year we arrange a three day break at a Warners Hotel as a group of ten friends and this year the chosen hotel was Holme Lacey.. On conclusion of the break the unanimous opinion of the group was that this venue was the best that we had experienced. We chose historic rooms and although they varied in size and facilities the overall standard was very good. The real bonus was having elected to upgrade to the Orchard Restaurant where the quality of food and standard of service was excellent. A special commendation to the chef Shaun Fletcher for providing an interesting and varied menu of excellent quality,well presented. The food was complimented by the attentive and friendly service provided by Laura and Pedro. They collectively provided an excellent dining experience. We made use of various leisure and sporting activities and where supervision when necessary was carried out in an informal but engaging manner. Alison also deserves praise for her efforts in presenting an interesting and amusing range of quizzes. The house and grounds exhibit the general high standards that you expect from the Warners brand. All staff should be complimented for their endeavours in providing an excellent standard of service in a very friendly and attentive manner. The evening entertainment is presented in The Pavilion which is some way from the main house, although appreciated it would be an asset to provide some alternative more intimate music in the bar area. A thoroughly enjoyable stay, it will make the decision on next years venue very difficult !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Holme W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Holme Lacy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It’s really fantastic to read that you had such a great break with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed dining in our Orchard restaurant and I will pass on your great feedback to Shaun, Laura, Pedro and the rest of the team. Alison works really hard and I will pass on your special mention to her; it’s lovely that you made the most of all the activities and facilities that we have to offer. Thank you for all your fabulous comments and we hope to welcome you back to Holme Lacy again in the future!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at Warners Holme Lacey House and a fabulous time we had. Weather was fantastic, the grounds were beautiful for walking a mile with warners. The food was outstanding, for the amount of customers they have to feed daily I was amazed at the high standard, quality and presentation of all our meals. Special shout out to Scottish Dave the chef who made us laugh daily and was so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. We strongly recomend a visit to this beautiful almost forgotten part of England. We will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank franc12014

Hello and thank you so much for your lovely review! I am really pleased to read that you had a fabulous time and I am glad that the sun was shining for your holiday. It’s great that you enjoyed the food; I will pass on your feedback to the kitchen team and also your special mention to Scottish Dave. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holme Lacy on your next visit!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Having visited most Warners sites, but not this one, we took a couple of friends on their first Warners holiday and were somewhat apprehensive that it would be 'up to scratch'. We needn't have worried - we all had a really great time. The food at Holme Lacey is brilliant - best of any Warners we have stayed at, and the cooks and waiting staff were really friendly and professional. Nothing was too much trouble. The house and grounds are very impressive - large, well furnished public rooms, an excellent terrace that was used for entertainment when the weather was fine as well as beautifully sculpted hedges and well manicured gardens.
The staff were fabulous. When the hair dryer in our room didn't work at 7.00pm the maintenance man arrived in 5 minutes with a replacement and was a pleasure to deal with. The leisure and entertainments teams were totally professional and went the 'extra mile' to make sure we had a great holiday.
The best Warners yet - we will certainly go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClaireandJim
Holme W, Guest Relations Manager at Warner Holme Lacy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your break on our page. I’m really glad to read that you enjoyed your break with us and I’m pleased that your friends enjoyed their first Warner Leisure Hotels holiday! Thank you for your kind comments about the food and restaurant staff, I will pass these on to our executive chef and restaurant manager to share with their team. Thank you for your mention of the maintenance, leisure and entertainment teams as well. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant departments. I’m so pleased that you will be visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Holme Lacy in the future, see you then!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Completely enjoyable weekend break and even extended for a further night. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The entertainment team lead by David James were again wonderful, friendly and hardworking and they do everything possible to make sure you have a good time. Good weather is a bonus as a lot of activities are outside but when it did rain we were entertained indoors. We will be returning soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello there and thank you for your great feedback! I am really pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you decided to stay an extra night as well! We do have a great team at Holme Lacy and I am glad that you found us all friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about the entertainment team to David James to share with his team. It’s great to read that you will be returning to Holme Lacy and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked a break to help celebrate my mum's 90th birthday we chose two signature rooms one a double and the other was a twin bedded room on the first floor overlooking the lovely meadows in front of the hotel. Outside our rooms in the corridor was a very comfortable seating area with a small library of books to choose from and a very well cared for fish tank, we were impressed in such a lovely idea. All around the hotel there are plenty of seats for guests to relax and some very lovely rooms with areas of tables and chairs. The hotel has a very clean swimming pool and sauna the pool was a little chilly im afraid but that didn't worry my daughter and myself. We were given a table for four people in the restaurant called the courtyard the room was busy and I felt the area around the carvery was too cramped as in front of the carvery there was a salad bar. My opinion is that because the majority of the clients are over 65 years old space is needed for the older generation to move around safely. The food was of good quality and the staff were very pleasant, a special mention to the restaurant manager a very happy lady who went out of her way to help my mum. The entertainment team were excellent lead by a very talented guy they really did work very hard and were hands on at mixing with the guests. Saturday night we watched a show by the Batchelor's they were excellent. The gardens are very well kept and are super to walk around, again plenty of seating areas. To summarise we had a fabulous weekend in fact I have booked for myself and my husband to celebrate his 60th birthday. Thank you warners you made my mum feel very special.

Room Tip: rooms 227 and 229 on the first floor were excellent both were shower only very good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire V

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post your great review on our Trip Advisor page. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your break with us and I hope your mum had a fantastic 90th birthday! I am sure the lady you are referring to from the restaurant is Sonia and I will pass on your kind mention to her. Thank you also for your lovely comments about the entertainment. I am really glad that you enjoyed it as the entertainment team work very hard. I will also pass on your comments about the seating arrangements in our courtyard bistro to our restaurant manager for review. It’s great to read that have booked to stay with us again; we look forward to seeing you soon!