My girlfriend and I decided to book a few nights at The Priory to get away for a break during the summer holidays (We're both teachers) and we weren't disappointed. When we arrived at the hotel there was lots of room for parking and we got a good spot not far from the front door. We were checked in by a polite and friendly member of staff and shown to our rooms. What rooms! We were shown to Room 5 which was massive with a very comfortable bed and flat screen tv, the bathroom was very well finished and spotlessly clean too. The overall stay was fantastic with great food in the restaurant made with locally sourced ingredients where possible.
- Very well finished rooms.
- Very quiet at night time (It's about a 15min drive from the city).
- A fantastic cooked breakfast which must be one of the best around.
- Not great wifi. Pretty slow.
- Nothing within walking distance of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden gem in rural Herefordshire, but just 3 miles from the Cathedral city of Hereford.Chris & Chris Rowbotham operate the family run country house hotel as a home from home. There are 8 en-suite bedrooms, ranging in size and bathroom options, offering every comfort. At the heart of the hotel is our Hathway Restaurant priding itself on using the finest local ingredients cooked fresh to order. Enjoy a glass of wine or local beer in the cosy lounge bar with an open fire for the winter or on the sun terrace if lucky with the weather. We also are a popular wedding venue in the area, licensed for civil marriage ceremonies and able to cater for up to 80 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Priory Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel New Priory
- The Priory Hotel Stretton Sugwas, Herefordshire