Wolf Paw Tipi Village
Bodenham House(Bodenham)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband & I were booked to stay in wolf paw tipi village in Bodenham Herefordshire, for a midweek break it would have been our second visit.

We got the sad news that they had to move site very suddenly and unexpectedly, they ensured us they would be up and running as soon as possible. We could have booked else were but the owners where so lovely and so very sorry about what had happened and how it was through no fault of their own.

Love the location it has so much more and a lot prettier than the Manor location for those who have not been. We much prefer this location, it feels and is a lot more secluded and private also.

Thankful we did wait, and within five days got the call to say they had a new site. Still in Herefordshire it was a lot small than last site but so much more magical, trees everywhere and just the two tipi's nothing else just and old stone cottage.

Really enjoyed our mid week break thank you so very much For another outstanding tipi break.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arrived here as a surprise for my partner, we are from city. We were greeted by Lanna and family who all live in village. Had a guided tour of project with future plans, so inspiring. Hospitality was lovely, very friendly. We were chauffeured to local pub for Sunday lunch and enjoyed short walk back. We stayed in Crazy Horse Tipi with chimnea, plenty of room. We arrived on 29th dec so weather was a little windy and wet to say the least but hosts adapted our tipi so we were
Warm and dry. Views were amazing. We went up to black
Mountains in Breacon Beacons and spectacular , bit of drive but worth it. Anyway we are planning to rebook this week, came home super relaxed.
Many thanks to Wolfpaw family for a fabulous time and congratulation on your project so far.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Chipper9974
Reviewed 20 November 2013

we loved our stay at wolf paw tipi village, the family made us feel really welcome and at home. me my partner and our little 18 month old baby boy stayed for the week in september. we arrived and had a tour of the place which was peaceful and stunning, not at all lilke any other campsite it is so spacious and you really feel like your the only ones living in the wood it is such an amazing experiance definatly going back next year. The tipis are awsome and they even have proper double matresses i don't think you'd get that anywhere else camping. the loo i was a bit weary of but then by the end of the week i was trying to persuade my husband to put one in the back garden. The shower, well thats a whole experiance in it's self definatly having a shower in the woods one day, all our love and thanxs the mad ones x

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Located a couple of miles off the A49 this is such an easy place to find and you don't end up taking wrong turns and wondering why the road that is on your map doesn't actually exist!!!! The location is beautiful and the views over the Herefordshire countryside are breathtaking. No Moccasins is situated at the top of the hill and has everything you need all tucked in to a warm and cosy space - perfect for a couple but totally perfect on your own too. After a warm and friendly welcome from owners Lana and Paddy I felt totally comfortable doing my own thing and pottering around. Great place to use as a base and travel around the surrounding area, Leominster and Hereford are both 15 to 20 minutes away. I was looking for a little quiet time with no distractions which made it perfect for me. The facilities on site are great and I didn't feel awkward asking about anything to Lana and Paddy. I had never slept in a tipi before and didn't know what to expect but it was warm and comfortable and felt much closer to nature than sleeping in an average tent! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of sanctuary in the middle of our chaotic world, you'll feel totally refreshed after a weekend there :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was not sure what to expect upon arrival at the Tipi village as I had never tried glamping before.
The location was easy to find using my sat nav. Upon arrival I was directed up towards the site which is situated at the top of a hill behind an old manor. I was then greeted by the manager and her family who was very friendly and spent a good hour showing me around the grounds.
The guided tour was a real eye opener into how creative this community really is and the photographs showing the progress they have made in the two years since they started the project was awe inspiring.
We were really lucky with the weather that weekend and the place had a real magically positive vibe about it. The Tipi was more than what I expected with full cooking and brewing facilities available and if anything else was required all we had to do was ask the owners as nothing was too much trouble for them.
The views from the tipi were amazing and i found it to be a perfect place to relax and unwind from the hussle and bussle of city life.We stayed for two nights and would of loved to stay longer but work commitments put a stop to that. I found the whole experience unique and strangely magical.
I will most certainly return in the spring and this time hopefully for longer than my previous visit as it proved to me that the tranquility and beauty of this hidden jem is a truly unique experience that i would recommend to anyone looking to escape the stresses of modern day life.
Again I would like to thank all the members of the Tipi Village for a fantastic time.
See you all soon hopefully in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: The view from the "No Mocasins" tipi is breathtaking
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends