“Impromptu Sunday Lunch was excellent”
Review of Longs Inn Hotel

Longs Inn Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
“Impromptu Sunday Lunch was excellent”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had been staying in Milton Keynes for the weekend and wanted to go out with relatives for Sunday lunch. We tried other places who all seemed to see that we had two young children and told us they were full despite no tables being occupied. We walked through the town at Woburn thinking that we were going to be unlucky and we decided to stop here. It was small inside and we thought we would be turned down again there being 7 of us altogether. Despite saying they were busy they managed to pull some tables together and seat us in comfort. The sunday lunch we had was actually the best I have eaten in a pub for absolutely ages. The meat was tender and tasty and of good quantity and quality. The roasties were perfect which seems to be difficult in other places. These were lovely and crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Their veg was not run of the mill, peas and carrots. They had braised red cabbage and two other kinds of veg all well cooked. Their horseradish looked home made and was brilliant. The waitress was lovely and very helpful. Their sweets were also home made with home made proper custard. The standard of the food here is high quality and they made a real effort to make sure we were happy and comfortable. We would be very happy to eat here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hungarian first
Ampthill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My wife and I are are seasoned hotel guests we booked ourselves in to this hotel for a local night out, we unfortunately due to a new Ipad and an error on dates booked the Friday when we meant to book the Saturday, stupid mistake I know but a mistake non the less. Where things take a bizarre turn is getting a phone call from the hotel manager at 12.00 am that's not a mistake, I do actually mean MIDNIGHT, to find out why we had "not shown" now as I had already paid for the room in advance no matter how hard I try I cannot understand why any one would do that, after an hour or so we managed to nod off again, I had come to the conclusion that it must have been because this chap was kindly sat by the door waiting for us to show up and was waiting to go home, but that turned out to be incorrect as he sent us an email at 4 am which woke us up again as the bloody Ipad was left on, Bizarre carry on really, I am left assuming that he was just miffed as we had not turned up, I am making that assumption as despite a couple email messages and a phone call he has not bothered to respond at all. So if you want to stay at a hotel where the manager acts like a 4 year old child and is completely uncooperative if you have a problem then this is the hotel for you, in the end we stayed just up the road at the Inn at Woburn and had a smashing time, it was more expensive but the staff could not have done more unlike this chap who does not seem to care at all
What ever happened to service from the small business it used to always be the best, what a shame Longs Inn you let us down.......,.......

Room Tip: Stay at the Inn at Woburn
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karl T
David_and_Sharron, Owner at Longs Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We are disappointed that your experience with Longs Inn is not up to the standard we expect to provide. As a small family run hotel we pride ourselves on providing a flexible and personalized service for our guests.

I can understand your frustration at us calling you late in the evening especially as you thought you had booked for the following evening. However our check-in time is from 2pm to 11pm and we often call guests that have not arrived by 11pm to make arrangements for a late check in.

I can confirm that your card has not yet been charged because we were trying to provide you with alternative dates so that you don't end up paying us for a room that you booked incorrectly. As you can appreciated we will be charged by Late rooms for the commission, so we will be taking payment but hoped to do so in a way that you didn't lose out.

As you have pointed out the booking you made was for the wrong date and in order to try to accommodate you on the day you intended to book we sent you an email the same evening offering you an alternative room at no additional charge. I was conscious of the of the fact we only had one room available, and was trying to ensure we accommodated you.

We do hope we can greet you in the future.

Kind Regards
Sharron & David, Longs Inn
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Myself and husband stayed just one night in a courtyard room. Very quiet and everything we needed and very reasonable rate. Breakfast was freshly cooked and really good. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Would stay again and try eating there next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back ad the front is on main road.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I'm a regular business traveller and often working in Milton Keynes, I try to stay away from the large chain hotels because I just don't feel I'm valued as a customer, and I get fed up with plastic food!

My usual non-chain hotel was full and I needed to find somewhere at short notice. I tried Longs Inn, and from my initial phone call the whole experience was fantastic. I spoke to a lady on the phone to was able to describe the rooms on offer, and I was able to get a double room en suite on the ground floor.

WiFi is a key need for me, as I often work into the evening, and I was able to get a reliable connection in my room and the bar with no problems at all.

My room was modern, clean and quiet. I had a lovely meal in the restaurant, the menu is quite small but with enough variety and a specials board - the chap serving me said it was all locally sourced and freshly cooked and it certainly lived up to it! I also got a free glass of wine (it was an offer for hotel guests).

Breakfast was the usual selection of cerials, etc. Cooked breakfasts looked good, although I did only have the continential.

All in all a great find, and I will be a regular.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Reviews are the most important when choosing where to stay and visit.
We intend to go to The Longs Inn for NYE.

There are great reviews and the hotel is set in an amazing location. Not only have we been here before, but friends and family also!

Definitely reccomend The Longs Inn!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed at Longs Boxing night with my husband, our 2 sons and their girlfriends, the romms were lovely,clean and individual. The breakfast was cooked fresh to order , several options with friendly, efficient service. We could not fault the staff and the rooms, it was a very nice treat, we were amazed by the negative comments previously. Second stay at Longs both very nice. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: We had doubles 7 and 8, twin 3, If you like rooms with character, last year stayed in refurbished co...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
manchester
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This was an amazing stay.....had a courtyard room which was so comfy and very quiet....the bed was so comfy I simply melted in it..

Then there was the food.....exceptional quality dinner and subsequent breakfast...and brilliant service......cannot fault anything

Room Tip: I was in room 10 (courtyard room).....great room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
The Woburn Hotel
The Woburn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Woburn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn
Best Western Moore Place Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Hilton Milton Keynes
Hilton Milton Keynes
#16 of 34 in Milton Keynes

Been to Longs Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!