“Raw meat... Unacceptable”

Olivier's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 20 Restaurants in Woburn
Price range: US$26 - US$47
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Raw meat... Unacceptable”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Was given raw pork. This should not have even left the kitchen. Not even slightly cooked.... RAW! Flat atmosphere... Long wait at bar on arrival. Had to remind that we had ordered wine after finishing starters. Has good potential but needs a stronger leadership. Disappointed that we are unlikely to visit again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Heliosdieu
Olivier B, Manager at Olivier's Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Heliosdieu,

Thank you for your recent review of Olivier’s on this site.

I am sorry that we failed in delivering our usual high standards.

Due to a misjudgement of oven temperature and cooking time your pork was not to the standard required and should have not been presented to you. My brigade joins me in apologising for this regrettable shortfall.

I want to reassure you that this is not the set standard in our restaurant and I sincerely hope that you will reconsider in visiting in order for us to redeem ourselves.

As you were not pre-booked, our front of house team did not have your contact details recorded, however I am at your disponibility if you wish to discuss your dinner further.

Yours sincerely,

Bedfordshire England
“Valentine's Dinner”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Enjoyed a very good meal with attentive service as ever at Olivier's. There was a good choice from the set menu available and all the food was very good and well cooked. Service was on the button - prompt but not in your face. The real rose gift for the ladies was a nice touch - ours lasted over a fortnight. All in all a very good experience.

• Visited February 2014
Olivier B, Manager at Olivier's Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your great review of Olivier's Restaurant.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed spending Valentine's evening with us and we alI look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special Birthday Visit evening Meal”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I took my wife and family to Olivier’s restaurant for her special birthday.
We were not disappointed the ambiance and service was fantastic. Just the right blend of attentive, with discreet. We all enjoyed the food beautifully prepared meal and sat in the lounge for our post dinner coffee and drinks. The staff brought out the cake which I supplied and sang happy birthday. We will certainly be back highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Olivier B, Manager at Olivier's Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for your recent review in relation to your wife's birthday celebration in Olivier's.

I am delighted that you had a great time with us and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back.... before the next birthday!

Kind regards,

Leighton Buzzard
“A Really Lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Such a refreshing change to have a delicious and reasonably priced Sunday lunch served beautifully and in such lovely surroundings. Loved it so much booked our next visit on the way out!

Visited January 2014
Dear BeccyTurnbull,

Thank you you for posting your review of Olivier's restaurant on this site.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch and that you also found our menu to be offering great value for money.

We all look forward to welcoming you soon in Woburn.

Yours sincerely,

London
“Lovely evening meal”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This hotel restaurant exceeded our expectations and my wife and I had a lovely evening meal. We both started with the scallops and followed that with venison for the main course. My wife had poached pear for dessert and I had the cheesecake. The service is very good and the food was all-round excellent.

• Visited January 2014
Olivier B, Manager at Olivier's Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Khanov,

Thank you for your recent review of Olivier's Restaurant on this site.

We are delighted to hear that your wife and yourself had a great evening with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon in Woburn.

Kind regards,