“Stay somewhere else. Somewhere cheaper.”
Review of The Woburn Hotel

The Woburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed 10 July 2012

£140 for a pretty dire room. Only one bedside table (nothing on one side). The room way too hot. Strange misaligned pictures. A toilet you can't sit on because it is right up against the wall/towel rail. Smallest double bed I've ever had in a double room in a hotel. Pretty unhelpful staff. If you have already booked this hotel just make sure you are not in room 111. Ask for another some of my friends' rooms were marginally better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank withnail69
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Dear withnail69,

Thank you for posting your review on this site.

We are sorry to hear that our facilitites did not meet your expectations. We wish you had brought these matters to our attention during your stay.

I sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Woburn and please do contact me personnaly and I will ensure you receive our usual high standards of hospitality.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed at the Inn at Woburn on the occasion of my daughters wedding!! The service was exceptional and the rooms although a bit pricey reflect their size and comfort. The inn also has a lovely well appointed bar and an excellent restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Gordon1309,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It must have been a very special time for you in Woburn following your daughter's wedding.

We are all so delighted to hear that you enjoyed all facilities the Inn has to offer.

Woburn is a great place for all occasions, therefore I hope we will have the great pleasure in welcoming you back soon at the Inn.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the Inn and we were not particularly impressed. In contrast to their flash advertising on the Woburn web-site we found a run-of-the-mill, your average provincial English hotel. Although everything was quite efficient we found the place lacking in warmth and soul. The last disappointment was that we were denied breakfast because we were 3 minutes late and were informed that breakfast service stops 10 o'clock sharp. That's taking punctuality a little bit too far.
Still the place is very conveniently situated for the Woburn Abbey and their Safari park.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maltig
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear maltig,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that, although we were efficient, we did not manage to meet all your expectations. Your contructive criticism has been noted, as we continually look to develop our facilities and service, and also as our main endeavor is to make our guests happy.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed in one of the small cottage type rooms, which could have been very good if it wasn't for a couple of issues.
- Some of the furnishings were a bit tired with marks on the chair seats and minor damage.
- When I was having a shower in the morning the hot water ran out. When I mentioned this during check-out I was asked if I had contacted staff about this at the time. This was not the most helpful of comments as I am not sure what they could have done to solve the problem at that point! Overall the lady on reception did not seem that bothered.
- The shower fitting was damaged and had quite bad limescale on it. The bathroom was generally very cramped - unfortunate, given the large size of the cottage as a whole.
- There was no blind on the landing window of the room, so you could be faced with some privacy issues as this over looks a main road.

We booked this room as part of a wedding booking, so we received a discount on the room, but even with this I do not think it represented good value for money.

On the plus side, the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Thank you for your recent review relating to your stay with us last February.

We are sorry to hear that our standard of accommodation and level of service did not meet your expectations and although you received a special rate as a guest of a wedding group, still felt that value for money was missing.

Our cottage suites, always very popular and in high demand, show signs of a required uplight, and I am pleased to inform you that a refurbishment program for these will start in the forthcoming weeks.

We also note the response you had following your comments to our reception staff. Again a lot of time has been invested in the last few months to ensure our team have the relevant skills and tools to be able to respond to all guests' feedback in a professional and efficient manner.

Once again we thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportuntiy to redeem ourselves on your next visit to the Inn.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 10mo old daughter. The hotel is very nice and the staff are attentive and friendly. The breakfast was probably the best I have had - it was faultless. However, the only reason I am marking this hotel down was that it does not have a lift and when I returned to the hotel without my husband, it was impossible for me to get my daughter up the stairs to our first floor room with her pushchair. Luckily for me a member of staff was passing and helped me lift her in her pushchair up the stairs. This would have been impossible for me to do alone. Perhaps they should consider which rooms they put families in a bit more carefully as they do have ground floor accommodation and we did book several weeks in advance so it wasn't a last minuite booking.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear lisaccw,

Thank you for posting yuor review about the Inn on this site.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and also that you found our team most helpful.

Your comments, regarding a lift and a different approach to room allocation, have been noted

Once again thank you and please do not leave it for too long before returning to Woburn.

Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Brilliant night away with the kids, hotel lovely, safari next door, village within walking distance.

Service in the hotel was outstanding. Very accommodating with the kids.
Restaurant lovely, food very good.

Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank RCA7600507
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for posting your recent review.

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us but also the safari park, one of many great attractions in Woburn.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in Woburn.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at The Inn at Woburn for two nights as part of our wedding weekend although our event was held elsewhere. The hotel is lovely and our room (a cottage suite) was perfect. the staff are attentive, helpful and very friendly. We left an iPhone charger in the room and we were called to let us know which was a nice touch and definitely going above and beyond.

My only criticism was that there was a large focus on wedding events and this made things somewhat difficult for us. We were woken at 12:30am on the Friday night by a coach of noisy drunk people returning from a wedding and then again at 1:00am when there were more people outside smoking. This ment we were tired on our wedding day which was annoying. The other issue was at breakfast on the Sunday morning when there were way too many people (a large wedding party and a group breakfast) all wanting food at the same time.

I would imagine the experience to be far superior when there was no event happening. Apart from this we liked the hotel and would recommend it for anyone wanting to explore the area.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Andy S.,

First and foremost congratulations for your recent wedding and thank you for choosing the Inn as your base for that special weekend.

We are now into the high season for weddings and Woburn has always been a very popular venue for these events.

We are sorry to hear, that the focus and attention given to other wedding parties in our establishment during your stay affected the quality of yours and that we failed to meet all your expectations.

We sincerely hope, that we will have te opportunity to redeem ourself to you soon or maybe on your first anniversary!

Your sincerely,

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
5 mi away
#2 of 3 in Woburn
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Best Western Moore Place Hotel

Been to The Woburn Hotel? Share your experiences!