The Woburn Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hilton Milton Keynes(Milton Keynes)
View Hotel
All reviewssafari parkafternoon teathe cottageslovely hotelsafari packagechinese roomsculpture gallerysconesstayed for two nightswedding guestsgolf clubexecutive roomhigh streetpublic areasbooked a tablebletchley parkfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a Business training exercise, the only two things you need to know are.

The rooms are slightly dated but very clean, very comfortable and in very good condition what youd expect if you were on a business trip or using it as a base.

Second the Food is briliant, seriously good, one of the best steaks ive ever had was here. Breakfast was also great, can be a little upperclass at times but it depends on the other hotel guests at the time but i certainly enjoyed staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Ricky G,

Thank you for posting your review of the Inn following your stay last January.

I am pleased to say that since your last visit all our rooms have been refurbished and we are now looking to update our public areas.

I hope you will have the opportunity to re-visit in the near future to experience all of these improvements.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year from all of us here at the Inn.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Excellent hotel ideal location 15 mins from M1,in centre of Woburn,town full of character,part of Woburn Estate,hotel staff very helpful especially reception who advised on local eateries and booked a table at local pub.Bar area very pleasant full of character as was hotel.Room very pleasant clean and warm as was the hotel,highly recommended

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear mervingcutting,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you very soon at the Inn at Woburn.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed for two nights with 15 others from work. Had lunch and used a meeting room. The facilities, staff and food was perfect. Very clean and well maintained with a great style. Very helpful staff and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Richard B,

Thank you for posting your review on this site.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your recent conference at the Inn at Woburn with the team and facilities meeting you expectations.

We all hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon in Woburn.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Dinned at Olivier Restaurant tonight and would not recommend based on this experience. We were the only two diners in the restaurant other than a sectioned off PD area. The starter and mains were good for both of us however my choice of dessert..a Blackcurrant Fondant was disgusting. Having one served undercooked and sending it back to the kitchen with a request for another, knowing this would take 15minutes, I was amazed to have the replacement arrive even less cooked than the first with the waitress being advised to tell me "this is how they serve it as to cook it longer would make it become a cake but not to be concerned for side effects as all ingredients are pasteurised and of a quality no harm would come to me". How insulting! I could make a better one myself. Needless to say I did not eat it. I did receive the attention of the duty manager (un requested) but was superficial..... They did however make no charge for a glass of dessert wine. Not what I would expect from a quality Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Irene K
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Irene K,

Thank you for posting your review following your dinner in our restaurant last Wednesday.

I was disappointed to read that your dessert did not meet your expectations and spoiled your entire dinner.

Chef’s dessert is based on a traditional French Fondant recipe to produce a cake described as a “slightly firm yet crispy” with a melted centre.
We request a 15min waiting time for this dessert, as it is made and cook to order and on a busier service, our Pastry Chef requires this length of time to do so.

As mentioned in your review we were not that busy on the night, besides another larger party in our private room, and as you were not satisfied with your first Fondant, we ensured you were not kept waiting for too long for the second one. I am also pleased that a sorbet was supplied whilst you had to wait for the second dessert.

Irene K, I apologise if you felt insulted by the comments made by one of our waiting staff and I am also sorry that you find the unrequested approach by our Duty Manager superficial, however I am satisfied that your comments were noted by the person in charge.

The glass of dessert wine was taken off your bill as a gesture of goodwill. The Duty Manager could not make any further discount as you were dining on a voucher that you had purchased/bid for at a charity event.

We are launching our winter ‘à la carte’ next week, therefore I sincerely hope you will reconsider visiting us and if so, please do not hesitate to contact me direct as I would be delighted to make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Second time staying here as good as the first. Beautiful food, gorgeous bed linen, stunning surroundings - especially if you enjoy an early morning run or walk. A real gem. Would thoroughly recommend staying here and have no doubt I will return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Janeburkitt,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoy staying with us. We are also pleased that you fully appreciate all of the small improvements made in the last few months.

We are currently progressing with refurbishment and looking forward to 2014 to see this fully completed.

We are all looking forward to your next vsit at the Inn at Woburn.

Kind regards,