“Afternoon tea”

The Woburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My brother and I took our mother to The Woburn Hotel for afternoon tea to celebrate her 91st birthday and we were wonderfully looked after.
My mother was met in the car park by a member of staff with an umbrella as it was raining ,to welcome her and escort her in, like the Queen!
She was then presented with some beautiful flowers and we offered complimentary champagne. The afternoon tea was dainty and delicious and as good as any I have had at top tables in London which includes Claridges and The Ritz.
I am so grateful to all staff concerned that my elderly mother was given a lovely birthday to remember and I would definitely choose The Woburn Hotel as a venue for future family celebrations.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KenB-UK
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
First and foremost thank you for having your celebration at the Woburn Hotel.

We are delighted that you received great service and hospitality fro such a special occasion and that you mother had a most enjoyable birthday with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon in Woburn.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed for one night and there is no doubt that it is a well run, well established and comfortable hotel. The lounge has lovely, large armchairs and settees to relax in!
It is very popular for business people for meetings and conferences etc. that is excellent for the hotel but I hope they don't forget about the ordinary holiday maker. We felt a little neglected when ordering food in the bar. I'm sure it was a one off but thought it worth mentioning.
A wonderful venue for exploring woburn abbey.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank digit_11
Thank you fro your review.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy our facilities and have noticed most of the work that has been carried out to develop our hotel.

More to come..., so please keep coming back.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nice welcome at reception and good, high quality feel in general to the hotel. Decor is tasteful - restaurant chairs pretty and comfortable for example. BUT the standard bedrooms ('classic') are compact to say the least - great for someone travelling alone but with two in there you are constantly getting in each other's way! Have to stand in the 'right' place to be able to open wardrobe doors, that sort of thing. At £150 for the night, it is over-priced! Very low loo would probably not suit the elderly. And silly that you didn't seem to be able to plug the hairdryer in somewhere that you could then see in the mirror whilst using it.

Room Tip: If you want the prettier garden view, good to specify, otherwise you could well be overlooking the e...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SpottyTotty
Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to hear that you felt you did not get value for money staying in one of our Classic rooms.

Our room rates are based on availability, therefore prices will be more expensive if our accommodation is on high demand.

If you consider to return to Woburn in the near future, do not hesitate to contact me so I can look to diffrent types of accommodation in order to meet your needs and budget.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times now and each experience exceeds the last. The staff on reception are fantastic, particularly Jen who is always efficient and friendly and arranged concessionary tickets for me to take my little boy to the safari park - which was a great day out for all the family and we will revisit again soon to see our favourite giraffes (me) and Rhinos (my son). I have had the pleasure of staying in the main hotel in the standard rooms which are very nicely decorated. I have stayed in the Chinese suite, The Endsleigh and Streatham cottages and most recently the Whisper cottage suite. All are exquisite in their own way and the attention to detail from the softest fluffiness towels you can ever imagine to the Laura Ashley Tea cups is what makes The Inn at Woburn my little piece of Heaven. It makes staying away from home a pleasure! My particular favourite is the Endsleigh cottage, I check in, close the door, run a bath and relax whilst finishing some work and then fall asleep in the most comfortable bed with fabulous squishy oversized cushions. The bathrooms are all fabulous. The restaurant is lovely. The staff who wait on you for breakfast are very attentive and everyone at the Woburn makes you feel really special. If I could I would stay here all the time - it's THE BEST hotel I have ever stayed in and leaves me disappointed when I stay elsewhere. The breakfast is great too - lovely sausages :) I am very lucky as my travel is paid for by my company but I would choose this hotel for leisure too and can't wait to bring my husband - just need to lose the kids for the weekend ;)

Room Tip: The suites are too big if you're on your own
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsCharlesworth
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Mrs Charlesworth,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a lovely review of the Inn at Woburn.

Is it so encouraging reading your comments regarding our standard of accommodation, food and most importantly our team. A lot of time and investment have been committed to develop our products and our staff. I am pleased to say that more is to come to make our hotel and the team even more special.

With the warm weather back and hopefully here to stay, the forthcoming weeks are the best time to enjoy Woburn. On your next visit, you may have some spare time to visit the glorious gardens at the Abbey or meet the newborns at Woburn Safari Park. Please bear in mind that we have many tailored packages that include visits to all of the Woburn Estate’s venues.

David

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Special thanks to Ben at the Inn at Woburn for arranging such a beautiful afternoon tea for my mothers birthday. He really went the extra mile to give us the afternoon that we wanted. Very good service, fresh delicious sandwiches and cakes and gluten free catered for. Thank you for looking after us do well.

Stayed April 2014
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent visit at the Inn for afternoon tea.

We are delighted to hear you had a lovely time, celebrating your mother's birthday. Your comments have been passed onto the team and especially Ben, who fully delivered the 'Woburn Hospitality' when handling your reservation and looking after your party.

We all hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon at the Inn at Woburn.

London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in the hotel for just one night. We had to change the first room as it smelt of drains. The second room was fine but basic. Breakfast also basic. Not worth the money at all. I would pay £80.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlinaEagle
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear AlinaEagle,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully appreciate our facilites.

Although you did not raise any issues at check out, you did contact us direct and since then our General Manager has replied to you directly

Dereham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a corporate function. Hotel is very well run, clean and friendly. Rooms are not huge but very comfortable and well furnished. Food was excellent. One thing that stood out for me as the appearance and attitude of the staff giving the feeling that you were staying in some very high class hotel in Central London. They paid attention to detail and were extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Davidattheinn, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Inn at Woburn.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed all of our facilities and we do hope that you will have the opportunity to return for leisure and discover all of the great attractions Woburn has to offer.

Once again thank you.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

David bouchet
Operations Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Longs Inn Hotel
Longs Inn Hotel
#2 of 3 in Woburn
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Best Western Moore Place Hotel
The Bell Hotel & Inn
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wyboston

Been to The Woburn Hotel? Share your experiences!