“Birthday Weekend Away”
Review of The Woburn Hotel

The Woburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My fiancé booked this hotel as a treat for my birthday, and we stayed Saturday-Sunday. The hotel is located in the heart of Woburn and just minutes down the road from Woburn Abbey and Woburn Safari Park.
The hotel has parking which is free situated behind the hotel. The staff throughout our stay were extremely polite and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed in the Humphry Repton room which was decorated in red/white, you could see that care had been taken in decorating the room. The room was lovely and clean, with a very comfortable double bed and bathroom with bath/shower combo. We had dinner at Oliviers Restaurant which was delicious and also had a full English breakfast on the Sunday morning (which included tea/coffee, toast, juice and cereal).
For the price of the hotel we were amazed by how much we got included. As well as the stay we had the full English breakfast, the dinner at Oliviers (which was 4 courses), discounted drinks in the restaurant, complimentary entry to the safari park, discounted entry to the Abbey and as we had requested it was a birthday we had champagne, chocolates and flowers on arrival.
This is such a lovely hotel, and we couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha R
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of The Woburn Hotel.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay in one of our ‘Abbey Rooms’, which have all been recently refurbished and named after some of the key historical figures who have helped to shape The Woburn Abbey Estate and landscape.

We are also pleased that you felt that the package, you experienced, offered value for money and great customer service from our team.

We all hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in Woburn very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just got home from a week long conference at Woburn Hotel and again it was perfectly managed. Thanks especially to Ben, who is so well organised and helpful.
The team really enjoyed the food and were amazed at how lovely the rooms are. Cant wait to come back so thank you again to all the staff!

Room Tip: I really like Flying Duchess as well as the cottages
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susanna F
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Susanna,

It was a pleasure to have you back with us.

Thank you your kind comments, Ben will be delighted to hear that his hard work has been noticed.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards,

David

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had a lovely afternoon tea at the Woburn hotel. Lovely food and friendly, attentive staff. We had two teas between 3 of us and there was plenty of food. Very nice, fresh sandwiches, not just taken from fridge as other places. Lovely cakes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank menopaws

Thank you fro your your kind comments. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable time for afternoon tea with us.

Kind regards,

David

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room here fairly last minute for my husbands birthday treat as we were off to Woburn for a VIP experience day. We were not at all disappointed!! Check in was easy and straight forward and reception were very pleasant and helpful. As part of our package we were entitled to £60 to spend on food in the Oliver's restaurant. Again, service, food and drink were fabulous. When we first arrived the air com was blowing too aggressively on the table we we're sat at. I asked if it could be turned down (we were the only ones in the restaurant at this stage) and we're told no. I therefore asked to move and this was not a problem. We had a delicious meal (trio of cured meats with asparagus and tomato soup to start and then we both had the steak and fries....cooked to perfection!!) Carlos our waiter was very helpful, pleasant and attentive. The meal was spoiled only slightly by a fairly rowdy table of two couples in their 50s who insisted on singing their way thorough their meal!! Thankfully we had nearly finished and we moved on!! I guess some music playing in the restaurant may have avoided this, but then it may also have encouraged them to sing along....and louder!!!

Our bed was very comfortable, although air conditioning in the room may have made it more pleasant as it was a very hot night! Water pressure was great for our showers too! Tea bags in the room made a disgusting cup of tea but the hot chocolate was delicious!!

Breakfast the next day was good, not a huge selection and eggs a little harder than I'd have liked although if we'd had time, I'd have had no hesitation in asking them to make me some fresh eggs which I'm sure they'd have happily agreed to.

We had a great day at Woburn and will definitely go back at some stage. And when we do, we'll certainly be staying at this hotel!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Philippa1514

Thank you for your detailed review in relation to your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay and I also thank you for the constructive criticisms.

I must admit that the air conditioning in the Olivier’s Restaurant can be temperamental; however we are in the process to resolve this issue.

Regarding the tea bags offered in the bedrooms, we have not so far had any other adverse comments; however I have asked our housekeeping team to carry out further quality checks.

For breakfast, we offer a cold and hot buffet, this in order to deliver a prompt service, however staff are on hands if guests do prefer to have full plated service with food cooked to order.
Phillipa, I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us but also that you had the opportunity by booking one of our many packages to treat yourselves to a vip experience at Woburn Safari Park.

Please do not leave it too long before visiting again as Woburn offers so many great venues at their peak at this time of year.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Was very much looking forward to having afternoon tea here and wasn't disappointed. Everything was just as I imagined it would be.
Very attentive staff and the food was delicious. One of our party is a fussy eater but it was no problem to sort out an alternative to the usual menu for her.

I look forward to returning soon to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jilly756

Dear Jilly756,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit for afternoon tea.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for your mother's very special birthday.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I booked for a champagne afternoon tea for my mum and I to celebrate her birthday recently. We had a fabulous time with delicious food and superb service. Thank you to Dan and the head Receptionist on duty this afternoon for making us and especially my mum feel very special. We will be returning for a pre Christmas afternoon tea which I hear should be after you have refurbished the lounge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LA999

Dear LA999,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted that you chose to have you celebration with us and that you had a most enjoying time. I have also forwarded your kind comments to Dan and Jenny, who I must admit are a true credit to our team.

Once again thank you and I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon at The Woburn Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the lodge rooms as part of our wedding package with Eversholt Hall. My husband had stayed there the night before and I joined him after our wedding reception. We had champagne and flowers to welcome us and it was such a lovely room to relax in after our busy day, I only wish we had had longer to enjoy it. It was a gorgeous room with a very comfy bed and the bathroom was very nicely decorated.

The only thing is the blind is thin and my husband is a light sleeper, so I would recommend black out blinds.

Breakfast was scrummy and an excellent selection.

We will hopefully come back for our first anniversary

All the best The Rowes

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DavidJPB, Manager at The Woburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear HermioneB,

First and foremost, congratulations to both of you on your recent wedding and thank you for staying with us on this very special occasion.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to stay in one of our seven cottages, which have all been recently refurbished along with all our other bedrooms.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon in Woburn.

Yours sincerely,

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
The Bell Hotel & Inn
#3 of 3 in Woburn
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes

Been to The Woburn Hotel? Share your experiences!